User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ^^

I can relate to your sentiment above. ENTP's have trouble slowing down. I think if you can get them to slow down they will value you but it's also something that can be frightening for ENTP's, I think, and they might resist the commitment due to this vulnerability. I often feel increasingly unconfident the closer I get to people. I start out confident because I don't care.

Most people are not good at slowing me down. Some INFJ's just make me stop in my tracks and I start to orbit them like a comet swinging through the infinite cold of space in an elliptic orbit.

It's also hard though at times because I feel enthralled and captured by their gravity. Invisible pleasurable chains burrowing in. Caught between fear and excitement.
    That's interesting and I think it applies to both ENTP's I know. I can definitely see the piece of becoming more unconfident the closer you get (actually I can be similar myself), as well as fighting between fear and excitement.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I like heavily cynical people that can be on the same page with my cynicism. But really I try to be open to all personality types, MBTI aside. But perky people don't tend like me, they call me a "downer". I like those who have seek fun in the smallest matters (playing video games as opposed to clubbing), those types I get along with really well. And I don't like being "encouraged" to have fun. So anyone who is cool with my laid back, homebody self is cool with me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I have a lot of friends who are extremely different than myself. Most people I am around tend to assume I hold the same views as them, even though I don't attempt to hide my views. This is kind of funny to me.

During university I had a lot of international friends, some people one or two generations older than me, a lot of people about 10 years older than me as well, kids, some fringe of society people (I was a busker so met some interesting, hippy street people, anarchists, goths, schitzophrenics and local characters as passing acquaintances), highly educated intellectual types, some church friends, lots of close family members, many musicians of all kinds, and some teachers/physed people.

Like Lexicon, I like puzzles. I do tend to like people I can't figure out right away or who have interesting depth to them. Sometimes I have to remember that not easy to figure out sometimes equals unhealthy.
    Last edited by fidelia; 02-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    That's interesting and I think it applies to both ENTP's I know. I can definitely see the piece of becoming more unconfident the closer you get (actually I can be similar myself), as well as fighting between fear and excitement.
    I think ENTP's and INFJ's are pretty similar in some hard to explain way. Could be everyone is the same in this way, but I do know that close relationships are tough for me. Except when they aren't. And this can change and mutate with every second depending on my level of confidence, anxiety, mood, attitude, energy level, etc. In short, I often feel crazy.

My main problem is basically: I think too much.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by quietmusician View Post
    I like heavily cynical people that can be on the same page with my cynicism. But really I try to be open to all personality types, MBTI aside. But perky people don't tend like me, they call me a "downer". I like those who have seek fun in the smallest matters (playing video games as opposed to clubbing), those types I get along with really well. And I don't like being "encouraged" to have fun. So anyone who is cool with my laid back, homebody self is cool with me.
    You need to learn to have fun.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Like Lexicon, I like puzzles. I do tend to like people I can't figure out right away or who have interesting depth to them. Sometimes I have to remember that not easy to figure out sometimes equals unhealthy.
    Sounds like you like the emotionally unavailable. It is a common problem so you're in good company.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    as the one true constant seems to be, well, change.
    Actually continuity AND change are the two constants.

Anyways like many others here, I like variety in my friends.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Sounds like you like the emotionally unavailable. It is a common problem so you're in good company.
    I don't like being in relationships with them, I've discovered. I'm not really sure what the payoff is. Maybe the challenge of being sought out by someone who seems to not be easily impressed. I've discovered that the interestingness of them is usually is accompanied by extreme insecurity which is presented as extreme confidence (except for some tipoffs which I recognize much sooner). I would think though that there should be people who are healthy and yet complex enough that it takes a little while to figure them out. Although, maybe transparency goes along with wanting to be known and being capable of appropriate vulnerability (ie healthy, secure person) rather than hiding your real self and carefully constructing a persona (insecurity).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't know if I really have a set kind of person I like to be around. There are consistencies, though, I'll admit.

In my experience, some people are friendly to me, some people are nice but shy and need to be drawn out a bit, and some people are not pleasant to be around, usually because of issues they have that impede their abilities to relate to others.

Type B personalities, feelers with GOOD/positive feelings, good-hearted rebels, people who quietly choose what they want to say...Generally respect is the name of the game, and I'll accept pretty much anyone if they appear willing to be friends. I also like thinkers, but I generally enjoy thinkers who direct their thinking energy toward real life situations more than those who direct it towards theory/numbers/counting. That is just my personal preference, however.

Who turns me off: narcissists, toxic personalities, bossy people, snobs...

Hope that helps.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

They have a tendancy to be the Feeler variety. Guess I'm just drawn to people that place high value on harmony and 'live and let live' attitudes. So far, the type I've never really clicked that well are usually ESTPs; It always seems like we don't have enough in common to establish a meaningful friendship.