• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Loudmouth Enfp's

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a wee bit curoius about this.
Since a was a wittle girl people have Always told me to "keep your voice down" "shhh" and "yours is the only voice i can hear gem...."
So i know i talk loudly, especially when excited/emotional. It drives me nuts when people shush me:steam: and to be honest it is highly unlikely that it will make me quieter, quite the contrary.
I understand that people may want a bit of quiet but i'm JUST TALKING.:thelook:
I know a few enfp's and it seems they all share this,
So umm, was wondering how many others are out there?
Is this something that all e's experience or mainly enfp's?
Does this annoy people, does it annoy you?
Discuss

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
*raises hand* :yes:

Loud mouth, motor mouth, you name it....the thing is, though, I'm not extremely extroverted so at least I go through long periods of silence, much to everyone's relief.:D

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say the ideas I'm inclined to present in front of anyone are LOUD, but not necessarily my physical voice (I like universal statements and controversial issues or radical topics). However, I don't like proselytizing or dominating the conversation so the volume is under control but I'd say I have a firm and forward tone.

If in an argument the volume can increase rapidly especially if the other party is also raising their voice.

I'd like to think I'm loudly resonating even if I am speaking with a delicate voice :censored:

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
I used to have an extremely loud voice and I had to learn to control it. I can still make "my voice carry" when I need to.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Yeah, I've had people tell me to keep my voice down, at a time when I didn't even think I was talking loudly, just animatedly about something I am excited about. :D

I'm personally tired of telling people to speak up, all those quiet soft spoken people trying to make me look stupid because I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves. :steam:

At least you can hear what I'm saying lol. At least I don't mumble my replies because I'm so afraid of the sound of my own voice.

Tell me to keep it down. Err......no. :rolleyes:

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think I'm necessarily that loud- maybe when I'm on the phone, but I will sometimes blurt things out- things that are often controversial. I think when I'm having fun, maybe I am very loud- but then no one seems to mind, because they are too = ).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not loud...i might say bits of it loud as i trail off mumbly because i'm already thinking of something else or scattered...or thinking out loud...but no and the enfps i know aren't really either...i think we all say odd random things that can shock others sometimes but haven't noticed the loud thing so much.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
*Sometimes* and when that happens, terrible embarassment follows. Today, on the other hand, I was asked why I was speaking so softly. So, there you go. :smile:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Sometimes* and when that happens, terrible embarassment follows. Today, on the other hand, I was asked why I was speaking so softly. So, there you go. :smile:

It's interesting that you say embarassment follows, I just get irate-i think it's the interuption in my flow that annoys me, a dampner on my animated mood.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My brother only irritates me after 9pm when he gets home from work and needs to tell me about his day while I'm trying to wind down for bed time. Earlier than that he can talk all he wants; though I can't guarantee I'll be listening the whole time if it feels like static to maintain the noise level.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
I imagine that this is especially a problem for ENFP women. Women love to jibber-jabber anyway, now add an ENFP on top of that...:shudders:

On a more serious note, this part of your post got my attention:

I understand that people may want a bit of quiet but i'm JUST TALKING

That's the key right there. You're an extrovert. To you, it's just talking. It comes as easy as breathing. For introverts, on the other hand, it's never just talking. We tend to consider our words carefully before spilling them out, and when being spoken to, we apply the same care and attention. We sift through and process the words we are hearing. Listening to too much banter can literally get tiring because of this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's interesting that you say embarassment follows, I just get irate-i think it's the interuption in my flow that annoys me, a dampner on my animated mood.

It really depends on the context, I mean, if you're having a light-hearted conversation with someone, or at a party, or especially happy about something and it's day time and no one is sleeping or has a headache or is trying to do work...then yeah, it's mean-spirited to put a damper on you.

On the other hand, thinking it's okay to be loud or talk all of the time is selfish...in fact that's a trait I associate more with ESFPs, not ENFPs.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It really depends on the context, I mean, if you're having a light-hearted conversation with someone, or at a party, or especially happy about something and it's day time and no one is sleeping or has a headache or is trying to do work...then yeah, it's mean-spirited to put a damper on you.

On the other hand, thinking it's okay to be loud or talk all of the time is selfish.

I'm usually completely unaware of it, if i become aware of it myself i will adjust noise levels accordingly. I naturally get louder the more animated i become (so i am told) it can become a problem in certain environments, like restaurants. If i am in a library it safest to not talk at all. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm usually completely unaware of it, if i become aware of it myself i will adjust noise levels accordingly. I naturally get louder the more animated i become (so i am told) it can become a problem in certain environments, like restaurants. If i am in a library it safest to not talk at all. :D

I've actually had people ask me if I have hearing problems because I can be so loud sometimes. :blush: I'm embarrassed about it. I don't mean to be.

On the other hand, I've had people take it personally when I tell them that I need for them to stop talking (ESxx types, usually, my mother and my ex-bf) and I think it's really selfish and draining to demand that someone consistently be an audience to a monologue. In light of that, I think I've learned to be a little more self-aware instead of being as offended when I'm being overly loud or excessively chatty.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think it's really selfish and draining to demand that someone consistently be an audience to a monologue.

Heaven for an introvert.

What's selfish is asking us to TALK!, as if we can just conjure something to say out of thin air if we don't have anything meaningful to say.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Just a wee bit curoius about this.
Since a was a wittle girl people have Always told me to "keep your voice down" "shhh" and "yours is the only voice i can hear gem...."
So i know i talk loudly, especially when excited/emotional. It drives me nuts when people shush me:steam: and to be honest it is highly unlikely that it will make me quieter, quite the contrary.
I understand that people may want a bit of quiet but i'm JUST TALKING.:thelook:
I know a few enfp's and it seems they all share this,
So umm, was wondering how many others are out there?
Is this something that all e's experience or mainly enfp's?
Does this annoy people, does it annoy you?
Discuss

I see you have a flamenco avatar. Flamenco has many ENFP qualities: It's intense, powerful, beautiful, expressive, and loud...

which brings me to your thread topic. Yes, I was loud as a teenager. Loud, wild, and manic. IME, people like passion and energy (which every ENFP has in abundance). I think it only annoys people with too much exposure (no one can handle manic all day, day after day). Personally, I only find loud people annoying if they're talking about crap I don't care about, or if I'm really sleepy.

MBTI Type
INFP
I hate when people bitch about how loud others talk. So long as the person isn't intentionally being obnoxious or speaking loudly in an inappropriate situation, it really doesn't matter.

I remember one of my friends and his loud voice. Not sure what type he was, but a definite extrovert. Probably ExFx. Anyway, his loud voice was one of my favorite things about him. He would blurt out his thoughts, most of them very funny/entertaining, and the whole room could hear him. It was nice; if you talked to him you never had to ask him to repeat himself.

Vocal dynamics is one of the ways that humans convey their emotion. Telling someone to quiet down is often like telling a happy child to stop smiling.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate when people bitch about how loud others talk. So long as the person isn't intentionally being obnoxious or speaking loudly in an inappropriate situation, it really doesn't matter.

I remember one of my friends and his loud voice. Not sure what type he was, but a definite extrovert. Probably ExFx. Anyway, his loud voice was one of my favorite things about him. He would blurt out his thoughts, most of them very funny/entertaining, and the whole room could hear him. It was nice; if you talked to him you never had to ask him to repeat himself.

Vocal dynamics is one of the ways that humans convey their emotion. Telling someone to quiet down is often like telling a happy child to stop smiling.

I like how you express this :)

When i was a small child my grandmother used to call me "Mouth on Legs" (endearingly) which conjured up a really amusing image in my head. She also used to tell people that id never get lost. ha

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Ugh, my mother is the loudest woman alive. I spent most of my life trying to sedate her and apologizing to others for her unintentional brashness. But, she's just being her, and she makes no apologies for it, so why should I?