User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4w5

I imagine that this is especially a problem for ENFP women. Women love to jibber-jabber anyway, now add an ENFP on top of that...:shudders:

On a more serious note, this part of your post got my attention:

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I understand that people may want a bit of quiet but i'm JUST TALKING

That's the key right there. You're an extrovert. To you, it's just talking. It comes as easy as breathing. For introverts, on the other hand, it's never just talking. We tend to consider our words carefully before spilling them out, and when being spoken to, we apply the same care and attention. We sift through and process the words we are hearing. Listening to too much banter can literally get tiring because of this.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's interesting that you say embarassment follows, I just get irate-i think it's the interuption in my flow that annoys me, a dampner on my animated mood.
    It really depends on the context, I mean, if you're having a light-hearted conversation with someone, or at a party, or especially happy about something and it's day time and no one is sleeping or has a headache or is trying to do work...then yeah, it's mean-spirited to put a damper on you.

On the other hand, thinking it's okay to be loud or talk all of the time is selfish...in fact that's a trait I associate more with ESFPs, not ENFPs.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It really depends on the context, I mean, if you're having a light-hearted conversation with someone, or at a party, or especially happy about something and it's day time and no one is sleeping or has a headache or is trying to do work...then yeah, it's mean-spirited to put a damper on you.

On the other hand, thinking it's okay to be loud or talk all of the time is selfish.
    I'm usually completely unaware of it, if i become aware of it myself i will adjust noise levels accordingly. I naturally get louder the more animated i become (so i am told) it can become a problem in certain environments, like restaurants. If i am in a library it safest to not talk at all.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm usually completely unaware of it, if i become aware of it myself i will adjust noise levels accordingly. I naturally get louder the more animated i become (so i am told) it can become a problem in certain environments, like restaurants. If i am in a library it safest to not talk at all.
    I've actually had people ask me if I have hearing problems because I can be so loud sometimes. I'm embarrassed about it. I don't mean to be.

On the other hand, I've had people take it personally when I tell them that I need for them to stop talking (ESxx types, usually, my mother and my ex-bf) and I think it's really selfish and draining to demand that someone consistently be an audience to a monologue. In light of that, I think I've learned to be a little more self-aware instead of being as offended when I'm being overly loud or excessively chatty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think it's really selfish and draining to demand that someone consistently be an audience to a monologue.
    Heaven for an introvert.

What's selfish is asking us to TALK!, as if we can just conjure something to say out of thin air if we don't have anything meaningful to say.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Just a wee bit curoius about this.
    Since a was a wittle girl people have Always told me to "keep your voice down" "shhh" and "yours is the only voice i can hear gem...."
    So i know i talk loudly, especially when excited/emotional. It drives me nuts when people shush me:steam: and to be honest it is highly unlikely that it will make me quieter, quite the contrary.
    I understand that people may want a bit of quiet but i'm JUST TALKING.
    I know a few enfp's and it seems they all share this,
    So umm, was wondering how many others are out there?
    Is this something that all e's experience or mainly enfp's?
    Does this annoy people, does it annoy you?
    Discuss
    I see you have a flamenco avatar. Flamenco has many ENFP qualities: It's intense, powerful, beautiful, expressive, and loud...

which brings me to your thread topic. Yes, I was loud as a teenager. Loud, wild, and manic. IME, people like passion and energy (which every ENFP has in abundance). I think it only annoys people with too much exposure (no one can handle manic all day, day after day). Personally, I only find loud people annoying if they're talking about crap I don't care about, or if I'm really sleepy.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

I hate when people bitch about how loud others talk. So long as the person isn't intentionally being obnoxious or speaking loudly in an inappropriate situation, it really doesn't matter.

I remember one of my friends and his loud voice. Not sure what type he was, but a definite extrovert. Probably ExFx. Anyway, his loud voice was one of my favorite things about him. He would blurt out his thoughts, most of them very funny/entertaining, and the whole room could hear him. It was nice; if you talked to him you never had to ask him to repeat himself.

Vocal dynamics is one of the ways that humans convey their emotion. Telling someone to quiet down is often like telling a happy child to stop smiling.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    I hate when people bitch about how loud others talk. So long as the person isn't intentionally being obnoxious or speaking loudly in an inappropriate situation, it really doesn't matter.

I remember one of my friends and his loud voice. Not sure what type he was, but a definite extrovert. Probably ExFx. Anyway, his loud voice was one of my favorite things about him. He would blurt out his thoughts, most of them very funny/entertaining, and the whole room could hear him. It was nice; if you talked to him you never had to ask him to repeat himself.

Vocal dynamics is one of the ways that humans convey their emotion. Telling someone to quiet down is often like telling a happy child to stop smiling.
    I like how you express this

When i was a small child my grandmother used to call me "Mouth on Legs" (endearingly) which conjured up a really amusing image in my head. She also used to tell people that id never get lost. ha
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Ugh, my mother is the loudest woman alive. I spent most of my life trying to sedate her and apologizing to others for her unintentional brashness. But, she's just being her, and she makes no apologies for it, so why should I?

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

^not sure that's enfp.