• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, why are you so addicting?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow... hello kitty is not emo.
No, we're emo like Shostakovich. God I love that man...:wubbie:

Didn't know Chocolatekovich was ENFP. I'd have typed him as an Introvert.
In any case, I do love his music :)

crashdmt

MBTI Type
ENFP
Its funny to hear how so many people consider us mysteries. ENFPs have trouble figuring out ourselves sometimes. We want to go really deep and we love enigmatic types that challenge our thought processes and further open our minds... but we also want to be in the mix of the party and can adapt entertain the crowd in any room...(even if at times the more mundane aspects lose our attention) so we are between two worlds: part of the crowd and "a part" from the crowd. We have many layers and sides to ourselves and all of these sides want to be explored and all of these sides are a part of our authentic selves but people think we are I change myself to other people. Nothing is further from the truth. I think I get to explore the many different facets of myself through different types of people and sometimes this frustrates people who are close to me because they think "how can we be so close and relate so well on so many things yet you can have this other side that makes no sense to me". So then they think I am not real or authentic. I can't explain it because it is all me and I would prefer that they understood all facets of me too so they could come along for the ride but I often feel I am expected to limit who I am and be put into some type of a box to make sense to other people so that they can make sense of me. It just doesn't work that way. I really have that many different sides to me.... I and love that about my life.

G

garbage

Its funny to hear how so many people consider us mysteries. ENFPs have trouble figuring out ourselves sometimes. We want to go really deep and we love enigmatic types that challenge our thought processes and further open our minds... but we also want to be in the mix of the party and can adapt entertain the crowd in any room...(even if at times the more mundane aspects lose our attention) so we are between two worlds: part of the crowd and "a part" from the crowd. We have many layers and sides to ourselves and all of these sides want to be explored and all of these sides are a part of our authentic selves but people think we are I change myself to other people. Nothing is further from the truth. I think I get to explore the many different facets of myself through different types of people and sometimes this frustrates people who are close to me because they think "how can we be so close and relate so well on so many things yet you can have this other side that makes no sense to me". So then they think I am not real or authentic. I can't explain it because it is all me and I would prefer that they understood all facets of me too so they could come along for the ride but I often feel I am expected to limit who I am and be put into some type of a box to make sense to other people so that they can make sense of me. It just doesn't work that way. I really have that many different sides to me.... I and love that about my life.

Yeah, this. Inconsistent behavior is too often mistaken for inauthenticity.

We're pretty malleable people, so we 'fit in' in a variety of situations. That's difficult for some to grasp; sometimes, it's as though we should have completely consistent behavior in all circumstances.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
perception often trumps reality; if a person is consistent it would be hard to label then inauthentic!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perception often trumps reality; if a person is consistent it would be hard to label then inauthentic!
Could not someone be consistantly inauthentic?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
How do I get over an ENFP addiction? I seriously need rehab. I've got a problem, and I don't want it to hurt myself and the people I care about.

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
How do I get over an ENFP addiction? I seriously need rehab. I've got a problem, and I don't want it to hurt myself and the people I care about.

ask the ENFP to go away, they might not want to or understand initially but they will value your decision over their own wants. Space and time away from the ENFP is key I think

what is the situation?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs are so addicting because

Oops, wrong thread.

;)

ENFPs are sex goddesses who should have their own isle. Done.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

take off the blinders and see them for the irresponsible flakes that they are. :rofl1:

I was once compared to an ENFP friend by a mutual friend who said, "BBC, you're like {ENFP guy}, except that you...you actually know what you're doing". :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
take off the blinders and see them for the irresponsible flakes that they are. :rofl1:

I was once compared to an ENFP friend by a mutual friend who said, "BBC, you're like {ENFP guy}, except that you...you actually know what you're doing". :D

Those ENFP's are lots of fun though! And extremely creative folks. ENFJ's can't really compete with them in those 2 categories, IME. ENFJ's can be fun and can be creative, but ENFP's just naturally are those things.

Not saying that ENFP's are better than ENFJ's or anything like that, but I definitely don't see ENFJ's as a "more competent version of ENFP's".

ENFJ's can organize a great event and get everyone together for a common purpose, but ENFP's can whip up a creative layout/design for that event like nobody's business. While the ENFJ got everyone together and deserves just as much credit, everyone walks into the event and goes, "Wow, this looks incredible! Who did all this?" The ENFP is the one who did the creative part of it - without even thinking much about it or having to "plan it out". It just comes to them instantly. The ENFJ spends weeks or months getting the event organized and the ENFP can come in and lay out something beautiful in a matter of minutes. I've seen an ENFP show up minutes before an event, completely re-organize/re-design everything in 15 minutes, and it was unbelievably creative - to the extent that multiple event attendees wanted to know who did "all of this" because they wanted to hire the ENFP to do something similar for them.

/ENFP praise

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I like ENFPs because they retain a certain enigmatic vibe in spite of their natural outgoing-ness. I wish I knew more IRL.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those ENFP's are lots of fun though! And extremely creative folks. ENFJ's can't really compete with them in those 2 categories, IME. ENFJ's can be fun and can be creative, but ENFP's just naturally are those things.

But irl, there is only a limited need to be creative and fun. If this were an RPG game, having "full bar" in creative and fun is overkill! 82 and 80 points for "creative and fun"? That will be enough to impress the SJs without being so far out there no one will ever trust you with anything. Wasting those extra 18 and 20 points? WHY? Being creative and fun means nothing if you constantly live life with no plan, by the seat of your pants and with absolutely no clue "what you're doing".

ENFJ's can organize a great event and get everyone together for a common purpose, but ENFP's can whip up a creative layout/design for that event like nobody's business. While the ENFJ got everyone together and deserves just as much credit, everyone walks into the event and goes, "Wow, this looks incredible! Who did all this?" The ENFP is the one who did the creative part of it - without even thinking much about it or having to "plan it out". It just comes to them instantly. I've seen an ENFP show up minutes before an event, re-organize/re-design everything in 15 minutes, and it was unbelievable creative - to the extent that multiple event attendees wanted to know who did "all of this" because they wanted to hire the ENFP to do something similar for them.

/ENFP praise

trust me. you've got it all wrong. The ENFP would do a number of things regarding this event:

1. Would try to wing it (and for every 2 times it "works amazing", there are 5 more that are "that worked out okay considering no planning" and there are 10 more "what the fuck have you been planning the past week?"

2. Would blow all the funds on overdoing one fun aspect that he has been over focusing on...before considering all of the other expenses and how he has already surpassed 0 marginal revenue product for that one fun aspect. Would completely miss "the point" (revenue, good impression, or teaching, etc) of the event in favor of just "what would be fun/easy for us?".

3. Would do something completely inappropriate to jeopardize the whole thing, (like take 'the older kids' out back to get stoned/drunk :rolleyes:).

oh nooez...ive let this post get away from me :doh: :rofl1:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
But irl, there is only a limited need to be creative and fun. If this were an RPG game, having "full bar" in creative and fun is overkill! 82 and 80 points for "creative and fun"? That will be enough to impress the SJs without being so far out there no one will ever trust you with anything. Wasting those extra 18 and 20 points? WHY? Being creative and fun means nothing if you constantly live life with no plan, by the seat of your pants and with absolutely no clue "what you're doing".

I have no clue what RPG, "full bar", and 82 points mean in this situation (are you sure you're thinking "irl" here?). You'll have to forgive my ignorance. :D But, I disagree with your "limited need" theory. It seems like you are basically saying that there isn't much need for the types of talents that ENFP's innately have, and I strongly disagree with that. I've seen them do some phenomenal things - creatively speaking. Things that have "blown the minds" of other creative people. And the funny thing about it is, the ENFP hardly ever "planned" the work they did. They just did it. I understand that there is value in planning - but to say that there isn't much need for this kind of creativity is just something coming from the ENFJ lens. I'll take this type of creativity on my team all day long.

trust me. you've got it all wrong.
No, I don't believe I do. I've seen ENFP's in action and I'll say it again: I'll take that kind of talent on my team any day.

The ENFP would do a number of things regarding this event:

1. Would try to wing it (and for every 2 times it "works amazing", there are 5 more that are "that worked out okay considering no planning" and there are 10 more "what the fuck have you been planning the past week?"

2. Would blow all the funds on overdoing one fun aspect that he has been over focusing on...before considering all of the other expenses and how he has already surpassed 0 marginal revenue product for that one fun aspect. Would completely miss "the point" (revenue, good impression, or teaching, etc) of the event in favor of just "what would be fun/easy for us?".

3. Would do something completely inappropriate to jeopardize the whole thing, (like take 'the older kids' out back to get stoned/drunk :rolleyes:).

LOL. Hey, no "type" is perfect. I do think you over-exaggerated the ratio of "mess ups" to "successful outcomes". I've seen it in action myself - time and time again with the ENFP's I've known, so it's hard to convince someone that's seen it (and personally reaped the benefits of it), that (a) they aren't talented, and/or (b) that there's no need for that talent.

I can't argue against the fact that they do things from the seat of their pants and make some strange decisions here and there. No doubt about that, but that's part of who they are.

From a non-NF who has good friends of both types, I've seen ENFP's plan things out WAY LESS than they should have - to the point where it looked thrown together. And I've also seen ENFJ's plan things out and be so structured that nobody enjoyed the event. The ENFJ thought everyone enjoyed it, but they all walked away saying that it was a drag because of all the rules/structure. It goes both ways. And both talents/temperaments are definitely "needed" in life. What good is an event if nobody can even enjoy it?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
ask the ENFP to go away, they might not want to or understand initially but they will value your decision over their own wants. Space and time away from the ENFP is key I think

what is the situation?

Me: "Man I'm feeling down today. Life sucks. My head is all confused and contorted inside. I know it's because of..."

*Ring*

ENFP: "Hey *Risen* how are you!? "

Me: "I'm doin great, blah blah blah, Ne"

ENFP: "LMAO! Blah blah blah Ne..."
"ok, see you this weekend!"

Me: "Man I feel fukin great! I don't need no stinkin ENFP. My head feels clear, and I'm happy as a fly on shit."

---weekend comes---

Me: "I'll be just fine on my own this weekend, I don't need no stinkin ENFP"

.... a few hours later: "OMG I'm gonna go bonkers if I don't get my ENFP fix."

Then we either meet up or end up talking/texting for a couple hours :/.

Repeat that process just about everyday/week and maybe you'll get the gist of this absurdity. -_-

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Me: "Man I'm feeling down today. Life sucks. My head is all confused and contorted inside. I know it's because of..."

*Ring*

ENFP: "Hey *Risen* how are you!? "

Me: "I'm doin great, blah blah blah, Ne"

ENFP: "LMAO! Blah blah blah Ne..."
"ok, see you this weekend!"

Me: "Man I feel fukin great! I don't need no stinkin ENFP. My head feels clear, and I'm happy as a fly on shit."

---weekend comes---

Me: "I'll be just fine on my own this weekend, I don't need no stinkin ENFP"

.... a few hours later: "OMG I'm gonna go bonkers if I don't get my ENFP fix."

Then we either meet up or end up talking/texting for a couple hours :/.

Repeat that process just about everyday/week and maybe you'll get the gist of this absurdity. -_-

LOL. Yeah, they can definitely have that kind of effect on the INTP. It's like they bring "life" to things that were formerly boring and dull. And in some cases the boring and dull thing is *me*.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
LOL. Yeah, they can definitely have that kind of effect on the INTP. It's like they bring "life" to things that were formerly boring and dull. And in some cases the boring and dull thing is *me*.

Yea, exactly :/ .

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I love my ENFP friend, she makes life feel so exciting. Spending an hour with her is like a day at Disneyland :D

After the hour, I feel like I need to go home, lol j/k <3

revolve

my question to you intps is where does an enfp female go to make some intp friends??? i could sure use some friends like you chaps.