• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, why are you so addicting?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those ENFP's are lots of fun though! And extremely creative folks. ENFJ's can't really compete with them in those 2 categories, IME. ENFJ's can be fun and can be creative, but ENFP's just naturally are those things.

Not saying that ENFP's are better than ENFJ's or anything like that, but I definitely don't see ENFJ's as a "more competent version of ENFP's".

ENFJ's can organize a great event and get everyone together for a common purpose, but ENFP's can whip up a creative layout/design for that event like nobody's business. While the ENFJ got everyone together and deserves just as much credit, everyone walks into the event and goes, "Wow, this looks incredible! Who did all this?" The ENFP is the one who did the creative part of it - without even thinking much about it or having to "plan it out". It just comes to them instantly. The ENFJ spends weeks or months getting the event organized and the ENFP can come in and lay out something beautiful in a matter of minutes. I've seen an ENFP show up minutes before an event, completely re-organize/re-design everything in 15 minutes, and it was unbelievably creative - to the extent that multiple event attendees wanted to know who did "all of this" because they wanted to hire the ENFP to do something similar for them.

/ENFP praise

love that you know that. :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Me: "Man I'm feeling down today. Life sucks. My head is all confused and contorted inside. I know it's because of..."

*Ring*

ENFP: "Hey *Risen* how are you!? "

Me: "I'm doin great, blah blah blah, Ne"

ENFP: "LMAO! Blah blah blah Ne..."
"ok, see you this weekend!"

Me: "Man I feel fukin great! I don't need no stinkin ENFP. My head feels clear, and I'm happy as a fly on shit."

---weekend comes---

Me: "I'll be just fine on my own this weekend, I don't need no stinkin ENFP"

.... a few hours later: "OMG I'm gonna go bonkers if I don't get my ENFP fix."

Then we either meet up or end up talking/texting for a couple hours :/.

Repeat that process just about everyday/week and maybe you'll get the gist of this absurdity. -_-

I echo this, but i embrace the fact that i need my frequent dose of ENFP. They can be like opening a window when your home is cloudy with stale air and smoke. Why do you want to fight it? There has to be an adverse effect if it's really an issue.

Chloe

good example of enfp-intp couple hehe
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMq8J3F7s8&NR=1"]fp[/YOUTUBE]

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yea, exactly :/ .

maybe you need a more resonating ENFP... let's say it's hard for an ENFP not to make an INTP feel good, but they should do it in a way that really empowers the INTP, not just lifts the spirits by spewing upbeat emotionalism everywhere. I like to be a positive, warm, fun-loving entity for people to be around n absorb but mostly my goal is to make others feel at ease with who they are.

cheer up Risen, you're awesome. you don't NEED anybody! you have all the tools you need already there to be the best person you can be. maybe you can just feel this person expediting it.

is this a romantic interest of yours?

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I echo this, but i embrace the fact that i need my frequent dose of ENFP. They can be like opening a window when your home is cloudy with stale air and smoke. Why do you want to fight it? There has to be an adverse effect if it's really an issue.

aw :heart:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
good example of enfp-intp couple hehe
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMq8J3F7s8&NR=1"]fp[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, it goes something like that. Plus, there are the insanely entertaining Ne/Ne conversations that take place when the ENFP/INTP are alone together (not as much around others).

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
my question to you intps is where does an enfp female go to make some intp friends??? i could sure use some friends like you chaps.

We could be anywhere, but we are at those places with less frequency than other people. Some cues that might tip us off:

1. Good chance that we are by ourselves.

2. We're probably shying away from conversation or attention of any kind. If we're purchasing something at a store and the cashier is bubbly and talkative, we're probably going to seem a bit annoyed, shy, or awkward (or some combination of those things). We might respond with short, to-the-point answers. Basically, we want to get the heck out of there in quick fashion. When I'm at the grocery store, for example, I am observing people and sometimes getting a bit of a "social fix", but I don't necessarily want to talk to people I don't know. Observe them, yes. Talk to them, not so much.

3. Watch for flashes of Ne. If someone does getting us talking or laughing, we might take the conversation on a bit of a tangent. If someone asks us, "what do you think about x?" or "what's your opinion on y?" - we can often take it further than most people would. We usually have so much of an opinion, that if someone actually asks, we want to tell them all of it. But, we're not the really social guy who just talks a lot. We're not very social, but if someone asks the right question and taps into our mind in the right way, then it will sometimes come spilling out with some level of intensity or passion.

4. We play devil's advocate. We'll often take the "other side" in conversation. When I hear a very dogmatic republican, I'll often start spouting off some of the positives of the democrat side of things. If I hear a very dogmatic democrat, I'll take the republican side. It's just my natural instinct to do this. It's almost like I want to see how well-founded their arguments are. How sure they are of themselves. Do they really know what they're talking about? We'll push that envelope, sometimes to the point where it annoys people.

5. If you ask us if we want to "hang out", we'll probably say no 9 times out of 10. Don't be offended. It's nothing personal. And we can still be friends.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
maybe you need a more resonating ENFP... let's say it's hard for an ENFP not to make an INTP feel good, but they should do it in a way that really empowers the INTP, not just lifts the spirits by spewing upbeat emotionalism everywhere. I like to be a positive, warm, fun-loving entity for people to be around n absorb but mostly my goal is to make others feel at ease with who they are.

cheer up Risen, you're awesome. you don't NEED anybody! you have all the tools you need already there to be the best person you can be. maybe you can just feel this person expediting it.

is this a romantic interest of yours?

Thanks. No, not a romantic interest. Just a friend, currently.

Don't worry. My natural sensibilities and integrity will win out in this situation. I will subjugate my emotions because

I

AM

RISEN!

sculpting

ENFPs are addicting because we put cocaine in our lip gloss. When you kiss us, it isnt love you feel, it's a rush of euphoria due to the drugs in your system. Those feelings of sadness when we are not with you? withdrawls.

jamisloan

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Mm i think, to obtain the unobtainable. The rest are perks along/after the ride, but they like to go from nothing to something in someone's eyes. It's as though it shows them that they are truly unique enough to break through.
A lot of people can desire that, but i'm under the impression it is on a whole other level for enfps. :huh:

100% agreed.

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Our general bubbly natural sugar-like personalities give a sugar-high. :tongue:

I dunno. We're just naturally sociable and people seemed to be drawn to us.
Good news though, we're addicted to you guys too.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm intrigued by introversion in others too, and I know what you mean about disliking your extroversion, like maybe you wish you could be more self-contained because you feel like you need other people? I know for me personally I'm embarrassed a lot that I talk too much which leads me to...

Yeah we kind of lack boundaries, heh. I've been criticized for it, but I love other open people too. :wubbie:

I don't think you're INFP FTR. I think ENFPs can get depressed or have self-loathing just like anyone else. People who say that being happy 24/7 is a characteristic of ENFP is probably naiive. I think there's also a difference between Enneagram 7 and Enneagram 4 ENFPs.

You said it best. revolve could be an enfp but an enfp with enneagram 4. Basically looks like an infp to an enfp 7. I find the enfp with enneagram 7 seem to be happy a lot more than enfp with enneagram 4.