User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I find that Ne based humor either goes off AWESOME or HORRIBLE.

There is no in-between!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MagnifaSnail View Post
    So, the only way to be funny is to to do it by accident? Telling a joke or making a comment with the intention of producing laughs is not funny?
    yes and no.
    im much more likely to laugh when i hear my philosophy teacher talk about Kant [gets me every time] than if i were to sit down and watch Dane Cook.

for me its like yawning, if someone says 'yawn' you will probably yawn. but its so much more pleasing and less awkward when you yawn naturally and at your own free will..
    to tie this back into the real topic here- someone saying 'watch how funny dane cook is' its like comedy is being forced on you and its alot less natural when all things funny are condensed into a 3 minute video.
    but when my teacher says "Kant" out of nowhere in philosophy class its just hilarious because he has no idea that hes almost using a derogatory term.

ya hear, son?
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    to tie this back into the real topic here- someone saying 'watch how funny dane cook is' its like comedy is being forced on you and its alot less natural when all things funny are condensed into a 3 minute video.
    Ever notice 9 times out of 10 when someone says "watch this funny YouTube video lol you HAVE to see this video hahahaha here watch it" it's a total god-damned waste of time?

MBTI
    INFP

My problem with humour is stopping myself from trying to be funny once I get on a bit of a roll. Sometimes I have to literally walk away and get a hold of myself. I mean literally walk away and figuratively get a hold of myself. Don't want to confuse you there.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

My "problem" is that I see alot of jokes coming. I don't necessarily see the punchline, but I see where misdirection is being planted and can see where the joke is going. It kills the surprise, and without surprise, there is no laughter. It's not hard to make me laugh, but it's not super easy, either.

As far as my humor, I like all forms of it except for cruel, hateful humor. My personal humor runs on the silly side, but I do try to mix it up a bit. Oh, and I rarely laugh at my own jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    My problem with humour is stopping myself from trying to be funny once I get on a bit of a roll. Sometimes I have to literally walk away and get a hold of myself. I mean literally walk away and figuratively get a hold of myself. Don't want to confuse you there.
    Why would you want to stop yourself from being funny once you get on a roll? Embrace the roll!!! I mean that figuratively. Unless it's a roll of bread and cinnamon, then you should also eat it.

None of that is actually funny, but I did at least reference your post.

I laugh at pain; raw, stupid inspired, unintentioned pain.
    this. the posting, not the pain.

i like humor that exposes fails or secrets, shadows (including secret heroic spiritual strengths) of the human nature and i believe there are no content-limits except the principles of humor, but i need to have trust in the character of the person who makes such jokes or else its not clear whether i am joining deep collective self-irony or collective-projection. i will laugh about all dirty jokes but about no jokes from dirty people.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Why would you want to stop yourself from being funny once you get on a roll?
    Well, I did qualify my roll as being "a bit of a roll" ie not comedic gold. The problem I have is that it starts off as a bit of a roll and then turns into more of a nosedive, or a limp sprawl. So I prefer to err on the side of underplaying my hand rather than overplaying it in the humour stakes. Ideally. In a world where I am not me. :rolli:

Personally the kind of humour which makes me lol the most is INTP humour. My own humour is probably more silly than dry. But I'm ok with that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    abcd

I'm not sure if this is just me but I get called lame sometimes because of my humour. When I get called lame, it is usually after I have made a joke using wordplay ...

MBTI
    INFP

around my closest friends, my humor is no-holds-barred. things i say are generally vulgar and often very fucked up and would get me killed in many parts of the world

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    My "problem" is that I see alot of jokes coming. I don't necessarily see the punchline, but I see where misdirection is being planted and can see where the joke is going. It kills the surprise, and without surprise, there is no laughter.
    I know what you mean The jokes I remember longest are those that went wrong. Like for example a friend of mine was trying to tell that a woman went to the gynechologist and while he was examining her blahblahblah. But he said he was examining her and when he got to her genitalia ... That was when I started laughing and asked him "But where was he examining before he got there?". It`s not even funny, but it was at that time cuz you could see he was being awkward about how to phrase it and everyone was listenint so intently ...damn I sound so mean. I can`t even rememeber the punch line after that.

Sadly it seems I get the most laughs when I`m being unintentionally funny. It always shocks me how my ESTJ friend hysterically laughs at something either dark or dirty I said, but was ment only as an of hand comment. Or when I trip over something.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)