User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I agree with physical stuff. Exercise, yoga -- unfortunately most of the time I'm just too lazy.

Creating art gets negative emotions out and calms me down, but not in the same way as physical activities that force me to be in the here and now and concentrate on my 'being'.
    I'm the same way- that's why people like us are best getting a group of people to exercise regularly with- so that you guys can encourage and push each other! So much more fun this way! Love it!
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Question, my fellow NFs:

Does sex get you in or out of your heads?

In during and out afterwards , it's very refreshing (just be sure to shower, for everyone else's sake)!
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    And do you enjoy it? I went to see a favourite local band last night - and also had a little too much to drink on an empty stomach - but had a great night I love rock gigs and the loud music and alcohol certainly get me out of my head and quiet down the constant back chatter.

I think rock concerts are the best for me, for that. It's like the collision of the spiritual and the visceral. I still view it as an aesthetic/cultural experience - and I'm just having a blast jumping around, dancing and singing some people who see me at a gig, or hear me describe it, and think I'm always the quiet serious one are surprised when they see this side of me!

What does this for you?
    Wow! loads of things get me out of my head.

I would include good gigs/concerts but only very occaisional ones where you seem to become entwined with the music and vibration of it on another level.
    I also agree with yoga, the deep breathing and constant rythmic natural hum of bodies.
    I can also feel other wordly standing on top of a mountain/cliff with a panaramic vista-especially if alone.

And to sillysapien, yes sex! If you have a deep connection to the other person then you can almost become one and time & space becomes irrelevant.But i don't know that many people feel this way, probably more likely in nf's

I also imagine that skydiving, parachuting and probably paragliding can give you a seperate reality feeling but i've yet to do that, bungee jumping is the closest i've come and it's too short.
    Oh and also motor biking on a long stretch of desserted road, that would get me out of my head.
    Many other things too
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Climbing gets me completely out of my head.

Nature, combined with photography, also does. (Simply hiking in nature, if I go on a long enough hike, does as well, but if I'm super caught up in my head and stressed out or totally wrapped up in thinking about something, even getting out and hiking doesn't do the trick until I'm maybe an hour in on the hike, and by that point I'm able to let go of my thoughts and the rest of the hike is out of my head )

Painting also gets me out of my head.

And, when I was in college, I'm pretty sure that's why I went into quasi-ESxx mode and went dancing all of the time...loved dancing...of course I also got caught up in the drinking scene for a couple of years at that time too, but anyway... )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Out of my head? Are you out of your mind??

Music does it for me. Singing and playing piano especially, and hearing instrumental music to a lesser extent.

Also rock climbing. I've only been once but it was awesome. Liberating!

Maybe it's because I went with a certain person, he seems to be an ES_P. I don't constantly worry about crap when I'm with him. I'm just in the moment like he is.

But when that moment is over, analysis mode is back on in full gear!

"Was I out of my head, was I out of my mind?
    How could I have ever been so blind?
    I was waiting for an indication
    It was hard to find
    Don't matter what I say, only what I do
    I never mean to do bad things to you
    So quiet but I finally woke up
    If you're sad then it's time you spoke up too."

I burst into song at the drop of a hat.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFJ

Almost everything puts me (or keeps me) within my own head more aside from being forced to socialize on a regular basis. Given that I'm a teacher, that's something I can't avoid for eight hours a day unfortunately.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I love rock gigs and the loud music and alcohol certainly get me out of my head and quiet down the constant back chatter.
    This is my favorite thing to do that is not "cerebral". I admit that I have bouts of daydreaming still....

I also like yoga a lot, which manages to allow me to reflect yet feel focused on the moment.

Cooking is another activity where I focus on the task at hand. Although I admit I am still imagining myself in another scenario, maybe explaining to someone how I am making something, hehe .

Most physical activity I like allows me to daydream somewhat though. Anything that requires a lot of focus on the moment & reflexive action starts to feel "stressful".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

swimming

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Pottery. It's difficult to daydream while centering clay, but I still find it relaxing.

Like OA said, coooking is another way I can get out of my head. I have to be careful with this one though because it's not uncommon for me to stick something in the oven and burn it because my mind had drifted off onto something else entirely.

I like to play soccer sometimes with a group of friends. It's one of those sports that I'm actually not half bad at because my long legs help me instead of hinder me as I've noticed in other sports, so I engage.

Also playing music is a way for me to get out of my head.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is my favorite thing to do that is not "cerebral". I admit that I have bouts of daydreaming still....
    I have these odd moments at gigs, particularly if it's a band I especially love and had long wanted to see, where I'm like "Am I here? Is this real? Is this really happening? What is reality?" This little inner philosopher starts chattering away...then I'm like "SHUT UP! It'll be over soon enough...just dance, scream, sing and have fun for once!!!"
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING