Death, I hope.
    Nothing else works for you...?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP

Lately, being around other people (at least one friend and multiple acquaintances) has been doing the trick for me.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmmm... I might not be as introverted as I think... I don't find it hard at all. Or, it might also be that what you people consider "being in your head" is for me something else. When I'm alone, I am often thinking some things and clearly being in my head more than if I am with someone. But when I am with someone, it isn't like my mind tries to keep itself confined.

I think I am relating more and more with the idea of "extroverted introvert"...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Painting ... not art, but a wall or something large. When I paint, it's like there's nothing else, I realize that my mind quiets and I am not thinking of anything else. Fascinating.

And music, both performing and listening.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agree with physical stuff. Exercise, yoga -- unfortunately most of the time I'm just too lazy.

Creating art gets negative emotions out and calms me down, but not in the same way as physical activities that force me to be in the here and now and concentrate on my 'being'.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sex, carnival rides... That's about it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmmm... I might not be as introverted as I think... I don't find it hard at all. Or, it might also be that what you people consider "being in your head" is for me something else. When I'm alone, I am often thinking some things and clearly being in my head more than if I am with someone. But when I am with someone, it isn't like my mind tries to keep itself confined.

I think I am relating more and more with the idea of "extroverted introvert"...
    Apparently, for an introvert (which I definitely am), I make a good extrovert people often say I'm outgoing, I'm a people person etc...well, I'd say that I'm a people person in that I like making close and interesting connections with people, and investing in my friends, but I'm not into meeting loads of people for the sake of meeting new people...that just tends to exhaust me.

I often do spend a bit too much time on my own, though, and being with people can definitely be good for me, especially if it's a friend I trust, or someone I find really interesting. Sometimes, I can be agonizing over an issue and can't break out of the agonizing, or deeply hurt over something and can't seem to get rid of the hurt. But if I spend time in good conversation with a friend or friends, and especially if I can talk out what's bothering me - for a while at least, the problem will seem considerably smaller and more dealable-with. So I guess that also brings me out of my head, in a different way from a rock concert! Unfortunately, the effect is often only temporary and I find myself back to thrashing it out on my own.

"Being in your head" could be different for different people. I'm thinking mainly of the ongoing chatter of thoughts, which for me often involves a lot of worrying and a bit too much negativity...and especially, having a hard time breaking out of cycles of negative thoughts/thought chatter. It can be relaxing to not just THINK THINK THINK all the time...which I sometimes THINK I do
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Apparently, for an introvert (which I definitely am), I make a good extrovert people often say I'm outgoing, I'm a people person etc...well, I'd say that I'm a people person in that I like making close and interesting connections with people, and investing in my friends, but I'm not into meeting loads of people for the sake of meeting new people...that just tends to exhaust me.
    Yeah, this is quite like me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    "Being in your head" could be different for different people. I'm thinking mainly of the ongoing chatter of thoughts, which for me often involves a lot of worrying and a bit too much negativity...and especially, having a hard time breaking out of cycles of negative thoughts/thought chatter. It can be relaxing to not just THINK THINK THINK all the time...which I sometimes THINK I do
    I think the best solution for me was to live with friends. It seems like for an introvert I need people a lot, and living with them was the perfect solution as there was none of these arrangements like setting dates and calling to people if they want to hang out. I could just walk to the living room...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dancing

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles