User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default The Empath (INFJ)

So, any other INFJs (or NFs) have a problem with keeping other people's feelings out of their system?

I swear every time someone in a bad mood walks into the same room as me I automatically feel it. It is troublesome and annoying; It always sits in the back of my mind. I am able to ignore it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Of course it has its perks when someone is in a great mood. Literally contagious.

When people do something embarrassing I feel just as embarrassed as they do. My face will heat up and everything. Even if it's just on TV.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    Infx

Watching extreme sports crashes give me muscle cramps :X Especially hyper extended limbs and faceplants. o_O

I also have a biiiig problem not only feeling, but internalizing people's emotional issues. That whole.."being aware of hidden illnesses even before others are conscious of it." Yeah.. only I get the unconsciousness of it too! I start feeling stressed and take on symptoms and mannerisms and then attempt to correct myself without even realizing it was never my problem to begin with This is something I'm really trying to learn how to catch.

I tend to target the bad mood people and try to make them smile or laugh, if I have the self energy to be a bit extroverted that day. Gotta watch with what the mood is about, though, and what the person is like.. while it's nice to cheer someone up, there's also a good chance it might be inappropriate. Like.. if someone's really really down.. they probably just need to be alone. If they're just being a miserable grump.. oh I will try my damndest to change their attitude.

Oh but the good end is such an amazing feeling! Like, I was visiting my friend at college, and one of her friends took us into a room with a piano and just started playing. The music was awesome, the friends listening was awesome, his passion in playing was awesome.. and then a girl stopped in from the hallway to listen and started asking questions. The whole flow of energy between everyone got me so giddy my friends roommates even commented. :3
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    So, any other INFJs (or NFs) have a problem with keeping other people's feelings out of their system?

I swear every time someone in a bad mood walks into the same room as me I automatically feel it. It is troublesome and annoying; It always sits in the back of my mind. I am able to ignore it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Of course it has its perks when someone is in a great mood. Literally contagious.

When people do something embarrassing I feel just as embarrassed as they do. My face will heat up and everything. Even if it's just on TV.
    I actually got fired from a job because of it. I had this supervisor who came into work in a bad mood and she was just going about her day trying not to show it. But since she was in a bad mood and I didn't know why, I couldn't help but assume it was completely my fault. So I started hinting that I knew she was in a bad mood, which was not smart because it made her more agitated. And then I began to ask her if there was anything I had done. And that seemed to just get more on her nerves. Eventually I couldn't stand being in the same room with her because it was so tense and uncomfortable so I asked her to be relieved early. She bursts into tears and told me I had a terrible attitude, but if I wanted to go then I could. A few days later, the manager dismissed me.

And then there was the dude who kept saying stupid stuff in class. I was feeling so embarrassed for so long, but I finally realized he was oblivious to how bad he sounded and that alleviated a lot of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

That's the stuff that helps me counsel my friends and tell me when to run if someone is going to get stupid.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    And then there was the dude who kept saying stupid stuff in class. I was feeling so embarrassed for so long, but I finally realized he was oblivious to how bad he sounded and that alleviated a lot of it.
    Yes.. that's the big issue with empathy.. making sure not to implant our own emotions, or ones they don't really have, while wearing their shoes.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post

ditto. exactly.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It's something I deal with everyday, so It doesn't bother me, though it stinks when the people that I'm surrounded with are destroying someones self-esteem, and I'm just sitting there watching, feeling guilty as all hell.

On one hand I can say it's not my problem and I try to ignore it. But all you really do is end up hating the jerk who just put the person through that, and disappointed in yourself.

I don't dwell on it, as it's not my job to stand up for everyone. I'm not Superman, hell I'm not even Robin.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

It's Fe in action for you... although I sometimes wonder why INFJ not ENFJ should be called the empath seeing as Fe is their dominant... *scratches head*

Very much like you... my emotions are easily influenced by other people and things. I end up crying watch TV/movies over silly stuff...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i think INFJs are more empathetic because of Ni.

Ni sees a bunch of different perspectives, Fe feels the feelings associated with each of those perspectives.

the stronger the Ni, the more likely you'll see the perspective that one person would be taking. I think ENFJs are better at noticing large-scale (groups') perspectives because they require Ni to do a little less work.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

eh, that logic was kinda shitty.

let me try again:

ENFJs are focused more on groups and less on individuals because they're extroverted. so INFJs would be more likely to focus on a specific person's perspective than ENFJs.