User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I usually have a problem in finding out the source of energy leaching or the person who "gave" me the bad feelings. How could I improve myself in scanning these kind of people from a larger group?
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 02-10-2008 at 11:20 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ

Wow, lots of replies. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner! Finals week and everything.

Yeah, so I'm glad to see there are lots of people who experience this. Sometimes I'm tempted just to see how accurate I am when someone comes to me with a problem. I just want to sat what my instincts tell me and see if I am right. Most of the time I am, but I've never tried to put the words into their mouth and see if it fits. Hmmm... ::ponders::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP

This is how I figured out my brother was an INFJ. HE can read people's emotions so well. And just imagine having no emotional boundaries.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    INFJ

I think this "ability" is why I'm going down the Psychology route... Experimental Psychology for human behavior and personality really interests me. (If there was more of a demand I would totally be a Forensic Psychologist/Profiler. THAT could be interesting.)

I think I'm too much of an introvert (explanation, not an excuse) to put myself through meeting new people all the time and having to talk to them about [...]. I could imagine myself becoming too much of an emotional garbage dump. So I'm currently considering going to grad school for Research/Experimental Psychology, and I'm aiming for a Doctorate. I could do research and teach a couple of classes at a University. I think I would make a good teacher... or I at least hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I think this "ability" is why I'm going down the Psychology route... Experimental Psychology for human behavior and personality really interests me. (If there was more of a demand I would totally be a Forensic Psychologist/Profiler. THAT could be interesting.)

I think I'm too much of an introvert (explanation, not an excuse) to put myself through meeting new people all the time and having to talk to them about [...]. I could imagine myself becoming too much of an emotional garbage dump. So I'm currently considering going to grad school for Research/Experimental Psychology, and I'm aiming for a Doctorate. I could do research and teach a couple of classes at a University. I think I would make a good teacher... or I at least hope so.
    Keirsey does call this type the counselor
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

Default I see, said the blind man. I hear ya, said the deaf-mute. I feel ya, said the INFJ

[QUOTE=wedekit;80089]So, any other INFJs (or NFs) have a problem with keeping other people's feelings out of their system?

I swear every time someone in a bad mood walks into the same room as me I automatically feel it. It is troublesome and annoying; It always sits in the back of my mind. I am able to ignore it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Of course it has its perks when someone is in a great mood. Literally contagious.
    [QUOTE]

Hi everybody, This is my first posting. I was thankful to read the above quote about feeling others' moods as soon as they walk into the room. I am an INFJ and I feel/sense people's emotions/feelings/motivations so much that it can be maddening/overloading/shocking or just euphoric.

I am so glad to finally understand that intuition (just looking at someone and knowing what's going on in their heart/mind) and introverted (deep thinking things through before speaking) are the cause of all this because for a while there I thought people were just going crazy around me. There is so much relational, emotional, spiritual drama in the world!

I mean in my own family especially I hear the words coming out of their mouths but I sense a totally opposite vibe coming across and I am in a confused state trying to figure out if I should respond to their mixed messages or just one or the other. Some people are so into denial that they would never acknowledge their true feelings to you anyway so I suppose it's better to go with the words they say. But then I have to go and read between the lines to see what it is they are really trying to say without having said it and it gets so complicated.

For my whole life I wondered why people kept sending me mixed messages and now I know that my INFJ personality is the reason I am so in tune with people's complexities and incongruencies. I still dont really know how to deal with the conflicting information/vibes/words that I get from people.

I try my best to keep everything in harmony around me for my relationships but these folks who dont mean what they say or dont say what they mean make communication almost a joke instead of a way to bring intimacy, understanding, and comfort. When all else fails I usually find a quiet solitude place to get away and try to let things and people sort themselves out, like I hope they will. It takes so much effort and energy to try to get people to get along and help each other or at least listen to each other.

My Big Dream in life is to use my giftings/strengths (intuition, imagination, empathy and my poetic writing skills) to write poems, songs and stories to reach people stuck in denial so that they can admit they have a problem and GOD can begin to heal them.

It is absolutely true that no matter what your problem is be it psychological, behavoral, chemical, or social, you can improve, get better, and be cured given the right personalized loving treatment. The Word of God says that Nothing is impossible with God. That is unless you have a little thing called denial. If you have denial about a problem, then there is no way to get better. That is why my arch enemy in dreamland/real life is the giant named denial. Look out giant. This means war and this grasshopper is hopping mad!

Thank you, GOD, for bringing the victory because without your mercy, grace, and love we would be a bunch of hopeless dust particles taking off in the wind. Jesus loves setting people free. He is supposedly an INFJ. Whether he was an INFJ or a little bit of every letter combination (GOD is everything good in the creation), his ability to feel an individual's pain and help them come to the truth and get healed is the most endearing quality any hero could have.

I remain, your INFJ friend on the internet.
    Nothing, nothing, nothing is impossible with GOD.

MBTI
    Infx

Yes! It is very difficult to feel the problems that others don't even realize they have yet. >< And I totally wish you luck, that's a beautiful goal, and in the cosmic sense we can work together. XD Because I want to be a counselor to help those who have accepted their denial and want help to take the next step. So you reach to those people's hearts and then I'll help them bring their real self out!

INFJs UNITE! ..or something like that. Haha.

Anyway, you're in good company.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    So, any other INFJs (or NFs) have a problem with keeping other people's feelings out of their system?

I swear every time someone in a bad mood walks into the same room as me I automatically feel it. It is troublesome and annoying; It always sits in the back of my mind. I am able to ignore it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Of course it has its perks when someone is in a great mood. Literally contagious.

When people do something embarrassing I feel just as embarrassed as they do. My face will heat up and everything. Even if it's just on TV.
    I am partially INFJ. I used to experience this a lot more, but I have implemented a principle I call "not taking up other peoples' offenses". I refuse to let myself get emotionally involved in someone else's feelings when they're mad at someone. I just don't have the energy for that, I'm not part of the problem or the solution.

However, I do naturally gravitate toward other people in the room who are hurting emotionally or physically. It doesn't bother me that I do that. I just accept it. I think it's good to care about other people.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    It's Fe in action for you... although I sometimes wonder why INFJ not ENFJ should be called the empath seeing as Fe is their dominant... *scratches head*

Very much like you... my emotions are easily influenced by other people and things. I end up crying watch TV/movies over silly stuff...
    I even cry when animated characters cry!!

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    I suppose that some ENFJs might be more inclined to focus on the group perspective rather than on the individual (being extroverted and all), but I'm actually the exact opposite. Granted, groups are easy for me to understand, but I am much more empathetic when it comes to individuals. One person's problems will affect me so much more deeply than a given population's problems. I like dealing with specific, individual human beings more than whole groups... for what reason I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I'm more interested in humanity and what real people are like rather than groupthink. Maybe that's why I didn't really like sociology.

...Or maybe this makes me a really screwed-up ENFJ?
    Me too. I'm much more engaged, involved and empathetic one-on-one as opposed to in a group situation, despite the extraversion *shrug* For whatever reason, I am not terribly concerned with global issues, like poverty and the like, but I'll drop everything to help a friend out who's in need.

Although I don't think I get it as strongly as INFJs might (I don't feel like I get overwhelmed by any strong emotion that walks through the door), I definitely feel very uncomfortable (to the point of feeling upset myself) about not doing anything when there's a person in the room that's hurting (emotionally or physically), even when I know that nothing I can do can help.

And similarly, I'm definitely more upbeat when the people I'm around are cheerful and optimistic. I feed off that energy and emotion.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp