User Tag List

First 567

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Just popped my head back in this thread...thanks for the "atta-girls", guys...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One of my best friends is an ENFJ. He likes to help people out a lot, and is unbelievably generous with his time and energy. His personality is very human; he is affected by things around him, and is good at noticing whether someone is "good" or "bad" very quickly. He's a very loyal/forgiving person with a lot of spine. He was probably born to be able to see the strengths and weaknesses of others, and wants to point out both in people and help them improve at things.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    An ENFJ who thinks fakeness IS a virtue would be 100% going against type!
    We just have a knack for knowing how much candor is needed/acceptable for a certain situation to attain whatever goal we have in mind. There is no freaking way I would pretend to like ANY kind of liver, or I would get stuck eating it AGAIN! Mission not accomplished. Telling my mom she sucks at cooking and life in general would keep me from getting fed by her at all...mission not accomplished.
    A nice *thank you for the effort but I cannot flipping stand liver in general...*
    Now that'll do the trick.

How's the ENFJ heartbreak-recovery coming?
    It's coming along great. I don't have any resentment towards him at all. Nope, none what-so-ever.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    It's coming along great. I don't have any resentment towards him at all. Nope, none what-so-ever.
    Obviosly!
    I think it's extra hard when you pour your energy into using MBTI to understand someone and a situation and try to make it work or find hope in it and then things fall apart anyway. Then every time you come to a site like this, a completely unrelated topic about the same type is the equivalent to someone coming up to you and asking, *How are you and so-and-so doing?*
    Or a punch in the gut.
    But once you're hooked on typology,' there's no avoiding it. Lame.
    Last edited by BlueFlame; 03-01-2010 at 10:52 PM.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

si...
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Obviosly!
    I think it's extra hard when you pour your energy into using MBTI to understand someone and a situation and try to make it work or find hope in it and then things fall apart anyway. Then every time you come to a site like this, a completely unrelated topic about the same type is the equivalent to someone coming up to you and asking, *How are you and so-and-so doing?*
    Or a punch in the gut.
    But once you're hooked on typolphy,' there's no avoiding it. Lame.
    I feel that those are almost necessary to really put the theory together with the real world. Before I actually tried to apply MBTI to real people, I would probably type all the ENFPs I knew as ISFPs and all the ESFPs as ENTP etc etc etc...

It sucks getting that "reminder" as you point out. Then again it can be an equally good thing. For example, I will never be a part of the ESFP hate club after figuring out how many ESFP friends I get along with. Then again, there are other types who I almost always view negatively now

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I feel that those are almost necessary to really put the theory together with the real world. Before I actually tried to apply MBTI to real people, I would probably type all the ENFPs I knew as ISFPs and all the ESFPs as ENTP etc etc etc...

It sucks getting that "reminder" as you point out. Then again it can be an equally good thing. For example, I will never be a part of the ESFP hate club after figuring out how many ESFP friends I get along with. Then again, there are other types who I almost always view negatively now
    Very true. I don't think MBTI or the like can really come alive until you pour some of your own heart into it - until you have something invested into it. It's just unfortunate when that investment has to be pain.

In college, Jung was nothing more than words in a textbook to me; it took heartbreak in the real word to give it a human element, even when it came to my own type. I needed to be at my worst and SEE my flaws being represented in the theory to really embrace it for what it is.

There's an ESFP hate club? I wonder if I can get some sort of temporary membership so I can pop in whenever mine makes me want to smother him with a pillow...:steam:

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Very true. I don't think MBTI or the like can really come alive until you pour some of your own heart into it - until you have something invested into it. It's just unfortunate when that investment has to be pain.

In college, Jung was nothing more than words in a textbook to me; it took heartbreak in the real word to give it a human element, even when it came to my own type. I needed to be at my worst and SEE my flaws being represented in the theory to really embrace it for what it is.

There's an ESFP hate club? I wonder if I can get some sort of temporary membership so I can pop in whenever mine makes me want to smother him with a pillow...:steam:
    "mine"? oh right, your SO....
    ...I had my eyes on an ESFP female once, but she got away :steam: ..... :sigh: ....I wonder how ENFJ/ESFP tends to work? (i would think quite well once you get the ESFP to take things SLIGHTLY more seriously )