User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Question enfj presidents?

Typelogic lists Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama as ENFJs whereas others say there's never been an NF president. I was wondering what your opinions are about these men and their types.

MBTI
    enfp

Barack Obama is an ENFP.

Some people would think he is an ENFJ because of his "clever" political maneuvers such as Hillary Clinton's appointment to Secretary of State. However, this isn't a "clever" maneuver, it is what is known in Hawaii as Oh-oponopono.

Oh-oponopono is the part of Hawaiian culture that emphasizes making things right through discussion and forgiveness. This is very common in the Aloha way of thinking and very relevant when you are talking to former rivals.

Most definitely an ENFP. A lot of what Barack does gets misinterpreted into a more devious motive by those who are not familiar with Hawaiian culture.

... I'm hoping that was a joke post!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Lincoln - INTP
    Reagan - ESFP
    Obama - INTJ

Probably the closest thing to an ENFJ was Jimmy Carter, but I think he's an ESFJ.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    Barack Obama is an ENFP.

Some people would think he is an ENFJ because of his "clever" political maneuvers such as Hillary Clinton's appointment to Secretary of State. However, this isn't a "clever" maneuver, it is what is known in Hawaii as Oh-oponopono.

Oh-oponopono is the part of Hawaiian culture that emphasizes making things right through discussion and forgiveness. This is very common in the Aloha way of thinking and very relevant when you are talking to former rivals.

Most definitely an ENFP. A lot of what Barack does gets misinterpreted into a more devious motive by those who are not familiar with Hawaiian culture.
    Obama does not lead with Ne. I don't even think I've ever seen an Ne "moment" from him. He shows Te.

ENFP's are highly creative goofballs that don't like to keep a schedule. That's not Obama.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Lincoln - INTP
    Reagan - ESFP
    Obama - INTJ

Probably the closest thing to an ENFJ was Jimmy Carter, but I think he's an ESFJ.
    Obama can't be an INTJ though.... He's far too much of a communicator. My guess has been ENFJ. In comparing him to Clinton, who seems like he was an ENFP, it seems like Obama is less waffling and more decisive.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I've known one person irl who typed as enfp and always thought of her as thinking type, not feeler, so maybe Obama could be enfp. He comes across as being tougher than a feeler but maybe that's enfp fortitude showing? Carter I think is a enfj and Lincoln enf/tp. Based on very in depth research of course. not really, haven't made any in depth studies of any of those presidents.

All I know is I do like the thought of having NF dominance leading our country yes yes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I've known one person irl who typed as enfp and always thought of her as thinking type, not feeler, so maybe Obama could be enfp. He comes across as being tougher than a feeler but maybe that's enfp fortitude showing? Carter I think is a enfj and Lincoln enf/tp. Based on very in depth research of course. not really, haven't made any in depth studies of any of those presidents.

All I know is I do like the thought of having NF dominance leading our country yes yes.
    But I thought ENFJs were inspiring.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58"]"A Really Bummed Out ENFJ?"[/YOUTUBE]

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Obama does not lead with Ne. I don't even think I've ever seen an Ne "moment" from him. He shows Te.

ENFP's are highly creative goofballs that don't like to keep a schedule. That's not Obama.
    Well, yes, we are creative goofballs, but I personally can come across as very T, as I am a lawschool grad who was raised by an ISTJ lawyer on a mission to convert me to T. My first instinct on Obama was INTJ -- cool, rational, analytical. Still, he has some real NF qualities in his speechifyin' and even if he isn't writing them, the delivery... WOW. So, I could see ENFJ as well. Not sure. Whatever he is, he's very well rounded, I'd say, with strong iNtuition, Feeling and Thinking.

It seems to me that Lincoln was very introverted, from what I've read of him, but maybe NF. INFJ, rather than ENFJ maybe?

Reagan, no idea, no T there though I don't think and no introversion.
    Carter could be an NF. He seems pretty idealistic to me.
    I wonder if some sites claim there are no NFs simply because an NF would have to develop by balancing those traits in order to make it to the presidency, so their NF is somewhat hidden to those who don't know them well.