failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I was around 14 when he was elected. All I remember is I liked him a lot, my dad is/was a diehard republican, mom a democrat and I never understood politics at all. Mom used to comment on Jimmy's lack of lip movement when he spoke, dad hated all of the seventies, and I smoked lots of cigs and pot. Other than that, my remembrance of JC was not that good.

Um, he reminds me though of Fred Rogers. Fred died a year or so ago. Both gentle souls, him and Jimmy. Our country needed Jimmy's healing after the Vietnam war and so was good to have him in office at that time.

Mr Rogers was an infp.

Jimmy Carter is infj, supposedly.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post

Um, he reminds me though of Fred Rogers. Fred died a year or so ago. Both gentle souls, him and Jimmy.
    OMG that's hilarious. You're right. He so totally was like Mr. Rogers. That clinches it for Carter as an NF for me. Maybe ENFJ, yep.

MBTI
    enfp

Maybe Obama is an xnxj and hence doesn't type well, which would explain our difficulty picking one or the other for him.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Interesting, because if you had read it thoroughly, along with my prior comments, you would have realized that I was assessing his personality (or what I've deduced from observing him in interviews and speeches and listening to personal anecdotes) and not his politics. I had even suggested at the beginning of my last comment that I could be wrong about my assessment.

Oh but wait! I can't have any real opinions on this. The points I raised aren't plausible because they are tainted with far too much bias? C'mon, Jeffster.

If you have another perspective or typing theory, I'd love to hear it, but I don't know if claiming I'm blinded by my likelove of him is a good way of getting a point across [did you have one?].
    I did read it thoroughly. Why so defensive? I didn't accuse you of supporting Hitler or something, and I didn't even mention politics. Sorry if I was off base, it's just the impression I got, and I've heard similar sentiments from other people.

I think Obama is a very good politician who is good at duping people. Both he and Clinton effectively portrayed an ENFJ-type persona (hope, change, work together and everything can be fixed), but I don't think either of them actually are that type. When analyzed more thoroughly, David Keirsey has typed Clinton as an ESFP and Obama as an INTJ.

George W. Bush, similarly, is an ESTP who portrayed more of an ESFJ (sometimes ESTJ) personality (compassionate conservative, restore dignity, war on terror.)

I think there's very few actual NFs that are successful in politics. And that's not me knocking them. I think NFs need for authenticity clashes heavily with the tactics required to be more than a "flash in the pan" as a politician. Continually having to pimp yourself out to the current whims of the people is a taxing thing on anybody with real convictions, but I think more so on an NF than anybody because of the degree of fraud required.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think there's very few actual NFs that are successful in politics. And that's not me knocking them. I think NFs need for authenticity clashes heavily with the tactics required to be more than a "flash in the pan" as a politician. Continually having to pimp yourself out to the current whims of the people is a taxing thing on anybody with real convictions, but I think more so on an NF than anybody because of the degree of fraud required.
    Interesting point. Do you think this might be more the case with NFPs than NFJs? Fe seems better at this sort of thing than Fi.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    enfp

you can't inspire people unless you are authentic. people do have advisors, and for Obama, his biggest push was the democratic convention way back in 2004. after that, his advisors can easily help him maneuver the dirty tricks, lay out options, and then obama can NFize those options. that would be much less taxing.

i don't think any analysis of obama can be done unless ppl are familiar with his hawaiian aloha cultural upbringing and not automatically associate some of those aloha traits to personality traits. like his reaching across the isle in political appointments, making up with hillary and richardson, this was more of his cultural hawaiian upbringing of Ho'oponopono. Which is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Mr Rogers was an infp.

Jimmy Carter is infj, supposedly.
    Fred Rogers extroverted feeling, not intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Interesting point. Do you think this might be more the case with NFPs than NFJs? Fe seems better at this sort of thing than Fi.
    Yeah. I can think of a few ENFPs in politics, but no INFPs off the top of my head. FJs in general are common...

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Fred Rogers extroverted feeling, not intuition.
    And in this video he certainly appears an ISFJ, not an INFJ:

YouTube - Mr. Rogers Interview

George W. Bush, similarly, is an ESTP who portrayed more of an ESFJ (sometimes ESTJ) personality (compassionate conservative, restore dignity, war on terror.)
    No, GWB was an actual F, not a "T pretending to be an F" or whatevah...