First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    The mere fact that I find it difficult to simply watch any of his interviews lends to my strong belief that he isn't enfj. I find him boring, just as I find many isfjs to be (and intjs may find me).
    It may seem as if I'm stretching this theory a bit, but I think what you find boring in him is his well-constructed persona. He puts on his best politician face to show his impartiality and to increase the appearance of credibility. I believe he also wears the figurative mask in order to be taken seriously and to be heard by the general public. His calm and cool demeanor is an attitude he projects outwardly to show that he's confident, sure, and in chrage, but I don't think he's that way in the company of his loved ones. On the surface, he seems so chill and collected, but from some of the stories Michelle has told about him to his goofy smile to his interview style [] I get the sense that he's more likely a big dork (in a sweet endearing way, of course) in reality. Further, and I truly hate to put it in these terms, but I'm sure he continues to project that confidence and a very self-assured air whether or not he because he feels an additional amount of scrutiny from the American public because of their perception of him based solely on the fact that he is a brown man. It's unfortunate he has to feel that extra weight on his shoulders; it's also unfortunate that I've either overheard or been directly told from some acquaintances and friends that they didn't trust Obama and his goals for the country because "something about him looks wrong," but he knows the score.

As of right now, I think he's trying to be different things for different people and putting on a juggling act so as to appeal to everyone (show of dominant Fe and extreme idealism) while simultaneously trying to aggressively, almost obstinately, implement government programs, systems, and councils that will colletively contribute to the realization of his vision. That seems rather ENFJ to me.

I don't see how he could NOT be an extrovert- there are instances, such as during talk shows (Letterman), and at the charity roast with McCain... you can see that he really, genuinely enjoys directing energy outwards.

Also, I thought the "beer diplomacy" thing was quite Fe-dominant more than anything else; the idealism in general and sense of how things should be comes across as strong Ni...
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    On the surface, he seems so chill and collected, but from some of the stories Michelle has told about him to his goofy smile to his interview style [] I get the sense that he's more likely a big dork (in a sweet endearing way, of course) in reality.
    That, right there. I agree completely. That's an extrovert right there. It came so naturally to him! He's an entertainer at heart, for sure. He replaced bowling alleys with basketball courts. C'mon.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

all of these typings could be correct, since it is difficult to type a Reptoid.

^oh snap
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It may seem as if I'm stretching this theory a bit, but I think what you find boring in him is his well-constructed persona. He puts on his best politician face to show his impartiality and to increase the appearance of credibility. I believe he also wears the figurative mask in order to be taken seriously and to be heard by the general public. His calm and cool demeanor is an attitude he projects outwardly to show that he's confident, sure, and in chrage, but I don't think he's that way in the company of his loved ones. On the surface, he seems so chill and collected, but from some of the stories Michelle has told about him to his goofy smile to his interview style [] I get the sense that he's more likely a big dork (in a sweet endearing way, of course) in reality. Further, and I truly hate to put it in these terms, but I'm sure he continues to project that confidence and a very self-assured air whether or not he because he feels an additional amount of scrutiny from the American public because of their perception of him based solely on the fact that he is a brown man. It's unfortunate he has to feel that extra weight on his shoulders; it's also unfortunate that I've either overheard or been directly told from some acquaintances and friends that they didn't trust Obama and his goals for the country because "something about him looks wrong," but he knows the score.

As of right now, I think he's trying to be different things for different people and putting on a juggling act so as to appeal to everyone (show of dominant Fe and extreme idealism) while simultaneously trying to aggressively, almost obstinately, implement government programs, systems, and councils that will colletively contribute to the realization of his vision. That seems rather ENFJ to me.
    It sounds like you're in love with him, so likely can't evaluate him objectively.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It sounds like you're in love with him, so likely can't evaluate him objectively.

What a claim. Did you even... read it?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What a claim. Did you even... read it?
    Of course.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Of course.
    Interesting, because if you had read it thoroughly, along with my prior comments, you would have realized that I was assessing his personality (or what I've deduced from observing him in interviews and speeches and listening to personal anecdotes) and not his politics. I had even suggested at the beginning of my last comment that I could be wrong about my assessment.

Oh but wait! I can't have any real opinions on this. The points I raised aren't plausible because they are tainted with far too much bias? C'mon, Jeffster.

If you have another perspective or typing theory, I'd love to hear it, but I don't know if claiming I'm blinded by my likelove of him is a good way of getting a point across [did you have one?].

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58"]"A Really Bummed Out ENFJ?"[/YOUTUBE]
    I was around 14 when he was elected. All I remember is I liked him a lot, my dad is/was a diehard republican, mom a democrat and I never understood politics at all. Mom used to comment on Jimmy's lack of lip movement when he spoke, dad hated all of the seventies, and I smoked lots of cigs and pot. Other than that, my remembrance of JC was not that good.

Um, he reminds me though of Fred Rogers. Fred died a year or so ago. Both gentle souls, him and Jimmy. Our country needed Jimmy's healing after the Vietnam war and so was good to have him in office at that time.