User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Dali

Obama comes across to me as much more T than F. I was in the ENJ camp pre-2009 but I now think ENTP looks more likely.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Obama is ENFJ.

He is most definitely an idealist. Listen to his way of speech, examine the content in his speeches. His entire political stance is on unifying the nation and caring for the less fortunate. I sense a Fe-dom. Also I'm usually turned off intially by most ENFJs because I think they're arrogant and shameless sycophants. That is until I get to know them. I observe their behavior and listen to their ideas often centered around bringing people together, and I learn that they genuinely care about others. I got that same sense from the Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    Barack Obama is an ENFP.

Some people would think he is an ENFJ because of his "clever" political maneuvers such as Hillary Clinton's appointment to Secretary of State. However, this isn't a "clever" maneuver, it is what is known in Hawaii as Oh-oponopono.

Oh-oponopono is the part of Hawaiian culture that emphasizes making things right through discussion and forgiveness. This is very common in the Aloha way of thinking and very relevant when you are talking to former rivals.

Most definitely an ENFP. A lot of what Barack does gets misinterpreted into a more devious motive by those who are not familiar with Hawaiian culture.
    BO is an NFJ.

I can't comment on ancient presidents, with the exception of Lincoln, who was obviously not an ENFJ. But among recent presidents, we have had two certain ENFJs (Reagan, Clinton), one possible ENFJ (The Obamination, who increasingly appears to me to be an INFJ rather than an ENFJ), and one certain INFJ (Carter).

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    If you read The Audacity of Hope, he comes across as a really idealistic, "I'm going to try even if it isn't the rational thing to do" sort of Fe-Ni dominant type- which makes ENFJ more likely. This is especially so in the early stages of his career, where he was still relatively unknown.

Of course, a cynical (but plausible) perspective would be that he wrote the book intending to create a persona for himself that people would relate to and rally around- but the simpler answer is that he really is like that, because I haven't really found any evidence to doubt him.

So... he projects an ENFJ persona to the world. If it's genuine, then he's indeed an ENFJ. If it isn't, then I'm thinking he actually might be an INTJ rather than ENTJ, though I cannot rationally explain this. Ni-Te seems more "right" than Te-Ni for a person who manufactures a persona- think Iago from Shakespeare's Othello!
    That book was largely ghostwritten by Bill Ayers. Here's a good dissection of The Obamination by an NTP:
    Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: The Introduction to my book: "America's Half-Blood Prince: Barack Obama's Story of Race and Inheritance"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Obama is ENFJ.

He is most definitely an idealist. Listen to his way of speech, examine the content in his speeches. His entire political stance is on unifying the nation and caring for the less fortunate. I sense a Fe-dom. Also I'm usually turned off intially by most ENFJs because I think they're arrogant and shameless sycophants. That is until I get to know them. I observe their behavior and listen to their ideas often centered around bringing people together, and I learn that they genuinely care about others. I got that same sense from the Obama.
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think he's isfj. Definitely not Ne-leading. I don't feel like I'd have the same kind of comfort level with his Fe as I would with enfjs that I know and have known. There's a particular shakiness/nervousness in his voice that doesn't resonate with the warmth I'm familiar with.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I can't comment on ancient presidents, with the exception of Lincoln, who was obviously not an ENFJ. But among recent presidents, we have had two certain ENFJs (Reagan, Clinton), one possible ENFJ (The Obamination, who increasingly appears to me to be an INFJ rather than an ENFJ), and one certain INFJ (Carter).
    Use the word "obviously" again.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think he's isfj. Definitely not Ne-leading. I don't feel like I'd have the same kind of comfort level with his Fe as I would with enfjs that I know and have known. There's a particular shakiness/nervousness in his voice that doesn't resonate with the warmth I'm familiar with.
    Obviously, BO's preference is not for sensing. Simple test--does BO's Fe pass judgments about concrete sensory realities, OR implications, conceptualizing, and visions of the future.

Any interview will disabuse you of the notion that he is an earth-bound sensate.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Obama is ENFJ.

BO is an NFJ.
    Well guys, after giving it further consideration...Obama could be an ENFJ if he was deep in Fe operational mode.

When Fe rules, Fe becomes very sullen, and controlled. Everything he's doing is well thought out. He's moving as smoothly as he can appear, stopping for occasional emotional appeals, and continuing with determination down the paths he has chosen; difficult to be detered by Congress or even opposing public opinion (when he thinks he's got everybody's best interests at heart).

It's very possible Obama is an ENFJ...one who grew up in a rather idealistic environment (Hawaii), and who was raised with some amount of autonomy. He's used to running things, while taking on a very hawaiian ENFP attitude occasionally to balance himself out with people when he wants to push things through. Fe is blind sometimes though. The greater good should not forsake the lesser if a balance can be reached. He'll find it though...this presidency has taught him a lot already.

I root for him. Even though I'm neutral leaning conservative, I'm glad for him personally being in office because I think he'll come out of it as a better person. The country...well I don't know yet. I'm kinda withholding judgement until he's out.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Obviously, BO's preference is not for sensing. Simple test--does BO's Fe pass judgments about concrete sensory realities, OR implications, conceptualizing, and visions of the future.

Any interview will disabuse you of the notion that he is an earth-bound sensate.
    The mere fact that I find it difficult to simply watch any of his interviews lends to my strong belief that he isn't enfj. I find him boring, just as I find many isfjs to be (and intjs may find me).

thinking of you