User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default ENFJs, when you say words like "I miss you", do you mean it?

ENFJs, most of the time, when you say words like "I miss you," or general words that show you care, do you mean them, or are you just saying that because you are using your Fe? Lets say you make a video where you sing to the other person about how much you care for them, generally, would you do that just because or would you do that because you really care deeply?

Do you find yourself carefully choosing your words often or do you just say them?
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Context is everything. Fe can be formal and polite. Or it can be genuinely gushy. It depends who I'm talking to and why.
    Love is the point.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Earlier in my life, i would casually throw out "i miss you" and "i love you". Ah, youth. I did grow out of that. I even withdrew from saying it back to my best female friends.
    The most tempting time to say or do certain things is when it is prompted, whether it is really meant or not. If i say or do something spontaneously it's a far better sign that it's thoroughly meant.

Sometimes things do slip through or my actions can be taken a certain way based on the person receiving it. ENFJs tend to be intense so i think there could be a fairly clear difference that needs to be looked out for.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by EricHanson View Post
    ENFJs, most of the time, when you say words like "I miss you," or general words that show you care, do you mean them, or are you just saying that because you are using your Fe? Lets say you make a video where you sing to the other person about how much you care for them, generally, would you do that just because or would you do that because you really care deeply?

Do you find yourself carefully choosing your words often or do you just say them?
    I used to be bad about just saying things in my head, whether I felt them or not. If I judged them to be honest because I knew I did love the person, I would say "I love you" even when I didn't feel an urge to because of feeling it. I do choose what I say more carefully now.

If I say "I miss you..." I mean it & feel it. If I say: "I miss you too." I mean it but don't necessarily feel it at that moment in time. I just know that I have missed you, and will. Seems awkward to say "I've missed you too."

Oh, and using my Fe is how I feel things. Most feelings I consider genuine come from expressing what I know my Fi feels (but I cannot directly access) through Fe. By expressing it, I recognize it, & I feel it.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I typically don't say things I don't mean unless I am absolutely shoved into a corner and blatant honesty would be devastating (and I mean really hurtful) to the other person - in which case I evade the question. If I volunteer information, you had best believe I mean it!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

I generally don't miss people, but I do miss people every now and then. I normally don't say "I miss you" to anyone. Instead I say "It is nice to see you again" or "It has been a long time".

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Saying "I miss you" to anyone outside of our inner-most circle is foolish in our minds as ENFJs. That's like saying "I believe in gumdrops and lollipops, and that we should all each other. Awwww." That's the INFP's place. They're saying, we're doing.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Saying "I miss you" to anyone outside of our inner-most circle is foolish in our minds as ENFJs. That's like saying "I believe in gumdrops and lollipops, and that we should all each other. Awwww." That's the INFP's place. They're saying, we're doing.
    Whaaaaa?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Whaaaaa?
    Too funny.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EricHanson View Post

Er, I probably don't mean them as deeply as some might assume. I very rarely really feel the long-term feeling of missing someone. It usually just pops into my head that I haven't seen someone in a while and I'd like to see them, so out come the words! I guess I mean them in the moment, but I could see how someone could read way too much into my impulsive emoting.
    Overall, though, my *impulsive emoting* is strictly reserved for people I care about, so it's never void of caring.

I can't form a cohesive thought for anything today...

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2