• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP-NTJ Dynamic

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's try this again, shall we, and add our INFP and ENTJ siblings ;)

Qre:us

:rofl1:

Amar, you have my solemn promise that after this post, you will see neither hide, nor hair, of me, in this thread of yours.

(psst, in all seriousness, maybe you should put a disclaimer that input from those types, specifically, is what the goal of this thread discussion is about)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, I don't care if ENTP feel like joining in, as long as they stay on topic and vent about Fi elsewhere :alttongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Omg, my INTJ just discovered the beta-version of the new Warcraft :doh:

Someone save me :cry:

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
BRAT that's cute. Liked your websurf pix, btw.

Anyway, one comment I read elsewhere that applied to my life:

INFP male + INTJ female = material for a sitcom

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, tnx, and agreed with your comment :D

Everytime I visit the house of my INFP-INTJ couple friends, it's like watching some comedy :D

He does something he's not supposed to (like knock over a drink or forget to tell guests to take of their shoes), she gets all hissy-fissy, he does the whole puppy-look (which btw, he's mastered, I'm a frigging amateur compared to him!), and she sighs and somewhat fusses still while holding him and kissing him on the forehead. He eagerly takes advantage and steals some physical affection before going back to being happy as a clam. It's just...yeah. Gotto love it :D :popc1:

TheMonocle

INFP+INTJ= A Saturday filled with learning the fine art of being a dungeon master.

INFP+ENTJ= ENTJ: I have the whole day planned out. Are you almost ready? INFP: We are going somewhere? Can't I just sit here and color instead?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP+INTJ= A Saturday filled with learning the fine art of being a dungeon master.

I'd throughly enjoy that right now.
Haven't roleplayed in a couple of weeks, and i'm having withdrawal symptoms :ninja:

Never really met any INFPs who liked RPGs, though :(

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lol. I prefer pen and paper RPGs, but I know what you mean.
It's so easy for INs to become addicted.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Someone save me :cry:

YOU MEAN THE STARCRAFT BETA!!!!?!?!?!?!

*ahem*

Well if you need somebody to take his account off your hands, you know how to reach me.

G

garbage

I'm just going to give examples, because function theory is boring.

My ENTJ brother's job seems to be to ensure that his household is as stressed out as possible, a result of the overreaching perception that there is a set way that things should be done or that the means to any end is justified.

Helping a child sort boxes of cookies should not be a stressful ordeal, where multiple people hurriedly grab boxes and check checkboxes and work on multiple piles of cookies at once and bark orders at people. So I took the 'project' over and aimed to just help my niece figure out the best way to take on this task at her own pace, asking questions in order to guide her to a 'sensible' method.

His claim is that that's the pace at which the family operates and that they don't have time to slow down. Right. I have a feeling that those kids are gonna be pretty neurotic in the future if this keeps up.

So how does this relate to our NFP-NTJ dynamic? I guess having both of our hands in the pot at the same time means that one necessarily has to defer to the other, because our priorities are completely different and largely incompatible. But at least I think our priorities are understood by one another, which I can't say about every type dynamic.

Ah, recent experiences.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ walking around the house looking for reasons he cant do the things an NFP wants him to:rofl1:

TheMonocle

I'd throughly enjoy that right now.
Haven't roleplayed in a couple of weeks, and i'm having withdrawal symptoms :ninja:

Never really met any INFPs who liked RPGs, though :(

Dorky confession #188
I actually remember entering text commands into a game because graphics weren't around yet. "It's pitch black and you are likely to be eaten by a grue."-Zork

I've beta tested three games. I can find ways to break any design. :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I gots tabletop happening at my place this weekend with an ENTP DM. Once we're done his plot I'm hoping to have one ready to lead the group through. An interested INTJ would probably be perfect to bounce ideas with on balancing the numbers with the storyline... I'm sure an interested ENTJ could be helpful too, but I have a feeling finding one willing to sit for that long would be rarer than just finding a female one to begin with.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dorky confession #188
I actually remember entering text commands into a game because graphics weren't around yet. "It's pitch black and you are likely to be eaten by a grue."-Zork

I've beta tested three games. I can find ways to break any design. :)

Niiice. That's my single and automatic thought on the subject.
My computer days started with Amiga 500 at age 3 (all day and all of the night, had one in the room) and Commodore 64 :D

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So is our conclusion thus, "xNFP/xNTJ dynamic == two dorks who love each other?"

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Amar, thank you!

I find it interesting that out of the six months I've been here, there has been no mention of INFPs with NTJs. A real-life pairing would be referenced in the occasional post around the forum but it's been scarce. I wonder what's the deal.

Anyway, my INTJ friend turns to putty when I look at him a certain way, usually when I'm trying to guilt-trip him. It's pretty hilarious. I honestly hadn't realized I was doing it until he pointed out that I'm inclined to appear "innocent" when I'm talking about something I care about (I'm thinking he meant "idealistic"). I've learned to use that look to my advantage now :)newwink:). I do find it odd though that for someone so practical-minded one look can make him go gaga.