Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    This is not a necessary connection. People do not reduce to a string of letters!

Spoilsport
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    The reason why you FRUSTRATE me soooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Is due to the fact that you consistently choose to keep your personal self and experiences void from this forum yet you certainly chime in to ask questions, and give, give, give, give advice.

You know what I want to ask you, and I would want to ask this to ANYBODY who responded the way you did..

Ummm, haven't you ever been in a relationship before?
    I'm the 14-year-old virgin who gave Amar the opportunity to say something about why the relationship was healthy. I just give and give and give for you kidults. And I'm giving for you too. For example, you consistently demonstrate a willingness to judge via feeling, good feeling indicating good environment, good decision, good good good. So [boring explanatory text], thus, type dynamics, T/F balances F/T, and get over your assertion that feeling rules. It doesn't. It is your preferred judgment tool and you're allowed to sing its praises and to become competent in its use, but that's about it as far as altering the psyche of other people is concerned. Thus it is right and proper to sometimes question NFPs on their sense of emotional accuracy and appropriacy. You can be the judges of that crap, and as such, get held to a standard of doing it right too.

Gawd.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP

I have nothing but love for the INFP-INTJ dynamic. There's the whole IN+IN mindmeld thing going on, and the difference between dom-Ni and aux-Ne means the play of ideas never runs dry. There's the yummy emotional connection between dom-Fi and tert-Fi. And as someone else mentioned, INFPs do really admire aux-Te. It is sexeh to see an idealistic INTJ get all Batman on you and actually translate his/her ideals into workable plans that can actually impact the world. Bestill my INFP heart. I'm smitten.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    This is not a necessary connection. People do not reduce to a string of letters!

Awww, look, Te is defending his baby Fi
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

This thread died too soon for my taste.

Quick! Someone start talking about the INFJ & ENTP pairing to revive it!!

*throws an FJ/TP bomb on the party*

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Alright, here it is:

NTJs, i wonder...I have some serious difficulty maintaining myself..finding a job that appeals to me. If I find one that appeals to my idealism, it pays crap and is often not considered a serious occupation, if I go by my degree, I feel hesitant to accept the offer coz I just cannot get myself motivated to do something just for the sake of doing it. If it holds no meaning, then it's hard to feel inspired to do the job. And although I will complete it, and my sense of obligation will push me to finish the job, I'll resent being there and feel emotionally dead. Competition is foreign to me, unless the goal is so important that it needs to be reached according to my ideals. Then it automatically charges me with energy. Other random goals just...deflate me.

Somehow my INTJ seems to be ok with that. I have no clue why. For someone who's the *exact* opposite to me.. it's just utterly bizarre. I feel guilty for not being able to be his equal in this..but somehow he just smiles at it. And I see the same in another INTJ-INFP couple in our group. The guy being the nfp, is trying to find a new job but is clearly not inspired by the job options available. She's pushing for him to find a job, however knows him well, knows that this just isnt' his strenght, and yet she's mad about him. I know that if she were to have to find another job tomorrow, becoz her specific skills, she'd have one in a day. (She's a native speaker french, highly demanded over here, and she cares about being competent and productive, so any job will do, if it pays well, even if it's not the most ideal environment for her. And my INTJ is the same, I seriously don't get how you guys do this )

Why..would you do that? And what do you gain from us that makes this kinda 'burden' worth it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Alright, here it is:

NTJs, i wonder...I have some serious difficulty maintaining myself..finding a job that appeals to me. If I find one that appeals to my idealism, it pays crap and is often not considered a serious occupation, if I go by my degree, I feel hesitant to accept the offer coz I just cannot get myself motivated to do something just for the sake of doing it. If it holds no meaning, then it's hard to feel inspired to do the job. And although I will complete it, and my sense of obligation will push me to finish the job, I'll resent being there and feel emotionally dead. Competition is foreign to me, unless the goal is so important that it needs to be reached according to my ideals. Then it automatically charges me with energy. Other random goals just...deflate me.

Somehow my INTJ seems to be ok with that. I have no clue why. For someone who's the *exact* opposite to me.. it's just utterly bizarre. I feel guilty for not being able to be his equal in this..but somehow he just smiles at it. And I see the same in another INTJ-INFP couple in our group. The guy being the nfp, is trying to find a new job but is clearly not inspired by the job options available. She's pushing for him to find a job, however knows him well, knows that this just isnt' his strenght, and yet she's mad about him. I know that if she were to have to find another job tomorrow, becoz her specific skills, she'd have one in a day. (She's a native speaker french, highly demanded over here, and she cares about being competent and productive, so any job will do, if it pays well, even if it's not the most ideal environment for her. And my INTJ is the same, I seriously don't get how you guys do this )

Why..would you do that? And what do you gain from us that makes this kinda 'burden' worth it?

My wife is like your INFP friend. She will take any job and feed off of her ability to do it well to energize her. She will only break certain values for others if they were already in that position and they are doing what they need to to stay afloat while they bring everything back in line. You better be working towards fixing those things though.

I personally enjoy NFs for their energy and charisma and will do whatever it takes to keep what it is I enjoy. So if you want to know what he gets from it, look at who you are based on what he does and who you would be if you were to take a job you didnt enjoy.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP

Been dating my girl for about 4 years now and she is an INTJ. We enjoy each other's company most of the time and share mostly the same goals. One issue we have is that we sit there for 20 minutes sometimes trying to decide what to eat for dinner.

We also make plans a lot weeks in advance and then do not want to do them the day of...usually it ends in her convincing me to go. Don't tease me that I will be able to stay in for the night or I'll be reallllll miserable out and about.

Also, she doesn't really agree with my desire to do the dishes 2 hours after she wants me to, but they eventually do get done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Because secretly we want to be motivated morally to do the work we do; so give you lots of respect for your determination to do so and the resources you need to do it because you are doing it for us by proxy.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Because secretly we want to be motivated morally to do the work we do; so give you lots of respect for your determination to do so and the resources you need to do it because you are doing it for us by proxy.
    Wait..even if you do not share that particular idealism that is important to us? (example, mine doens't care about the planet, whereas I would take a job with WWF instantly)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★