User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NFP-NTJ Dynamic

garbage

I'm just going to give examples, because function theory is boring.

My ENTJ brother's job seems to be to ensure that his household is as stressed out as possible, a result of the overreaching perception that there is a set way that things should be done or that the means to any end is justified.

Helping a child sort boxes of cookies should not be a stressful ordeal, where multiple people hurriedly grab boxes and check checkboxes and work on multiple piles of cookies at once and bark orders at people. So I took the 'project' over and aimed to just help my niece figure out the best way to take on this task at her own pace, asking questions in order to guide her to a 'sensible' method.

His claim is that that's the pace at which the family operates and that they don't have time to slow down. Right. I have a feeling that those kids are gonna be pretty neurotic in the future if this keeps up.

So how does this relate to our NFP-NTJ dynamic? I guess having both of our hands in the pot at the same time means that one necessarily has to defer to the other, because our priorities are completely different and largely incompatible. But at least I think our priorities are understood by one another, which I can't say about every type dynamic.

Ah, recent experiences.

MBTI
    STP

INTJ walking around the house looking for reasons he cant do the things an NFP wants him to
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'd throughly enjoy that right now.
    Haven't roleplayed in a couple of weeks, and i'm having withdrawal symptoms

Never really met any INFPs who liked RPGs, though
    Dorky confession #188
    I actually remember entering text commands into a game because graphics weren't around yet. "It's pitch black and you are likely to be eaten by a grue."-Zork

I've beta tested three games. I can find ways to break any design.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I gots tabletop happening at my place this weekend with an ENTP DM. Once we're done his plot I'm hoping to have one ready to lead the group through. An interested INTJ would probably be perfect to bounce ideas with on balancing the numbers with the storyline... I'm sure an interested ENTJ could be helpful too, but I have a feeling finding one willing to sit for that long would be rarer than just finding a female one to begin with.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Omg, my INTJ just discovered the beta-version of the new Warcraft

Someone save me
    Starcraft honey! Some day you will learn to listen to me.

^ Haa isn't this cute

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonocle View Post
    Dorky confession #188
    I actually remember entering text commands into a game because graphics weren't around yet. "It's pitch black and you are likely to be eaten by a grue."-Zork

I've beta tested three games. I can find ways to break any design.
    Niiice. That's my single and automatic thought on the subject.
    My computer days started with Amiga 500 at age 3 (all day and all of the night, had one in the room) and Commodore 64

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

So is our conclusion thus, "xNFP/xNTJ dynamic == two dorks who love each other?"

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Amar, thank you!

I find it interesting that out of the six months I've been here, there has been no mention of INFPs with NTJs. A real-life pairing would be referenced in the occasional post around the forum but it's been scarce. I wonder what's the deal.

Anyway, my INTJ friend turns to putty when I look at him a certain way, usually when I'm trying to guilt-trip him. It's pretty hilarious. I honestly hadn't realized I was doing it until he pointed out that I'm inclined to appear "innocent" when I'm talking about something I care about (I'm thinking he meant "idealistic"). I've learned to use that look to my advantage now (). I do find it odd though that for someone so practical-minded one look can make him go gaga.