From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default Flirting Tips for an INFJ

I've become fond of a guy in one of my classes. Whenever I talk with him, while I do feel at ease with him, because I find him attractive I feel kind of awkward at the same time. As an introvert, it can be nerve wracking in the flirting procedure. I don't want to come on too strong too quickly either. Any flirting tips?

Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This sounds cliche and stupid. Just talk to him. Talk to him about anything, if he likes something that you like say "hey that blank blank blank is kick ass" Did you know "blank blank blank" about that? be yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Default flirty girl

I don't have tips and tricks, really, but here are just some thoughts. Look into his eyes. I don't mean a staring contest, obvs. I'm shy and don't always make eye contact, so maybe you're like that too. If you let your gaze meet his he might feel your interest. Be aware of your unconscious body language, too, you can transmit a lot of signals that way.

As for verbal flirting, hmmm maybe you could use our special INFJ powers of empathy to notice when he seems happy and give him a nice smile, or when he is down you could show some concern but not in a prying way. It might make him feel noticed and special. Just remember not to worry too much about how vulnerable you feel, we tend to do that and it keep us from putting ourselves out there.

I wish you success and fun in finding your inner flirty girl.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I don't have tips and tricks, really, but here are just some thoughts. Look into his eyes. I don't mean a staring contest, obvs. I'm shy and don't always make eye contact, so maybe you're like that too. If you let your gaze meet his he might feel your interest. Be aware of your unconscious body language, too, you can transmit a lot of signals that way.

As for verbal flirting, hmmm maybe you could use our special INFJ powers of empathy to notice when he seems happy and give him a nice smile, or when he is down you could show some concern but not in a prying way. It might make him feel noticed and special. Just remember not to worry too much about how vulnerable you feel, we tend to do that and it keep us from putting ourselves out there.

I wish you success and fun in finding your inner flirty girl.
    The eye contact thing is something I really need to work on in general with speaking to people. I struggle with this. I really enjoy people's company, just looking at them directly makes me feel like I'm under surveillance or something, lol, it's like "oh god, what if I say something and it sounds really weird and they think I'm odd." I hate those awkward moments, lol. But the guy is sweet, so working on the eye contact thing wouldn't be too hard.

Good idea with the empathy thing. I think it will be effective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP

It's like stage fright, your not used to the intensity. You just need to relax and realize that you like talking to him, so it's not a big deal. Then your anxieties lessen and you loosen up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Touch him on the arm or shoulder at some point. Not for too long or too intensely. But just enough for him to notice. That can get my attention when many other things may not.
    Your soul shines in hasty splendor
    Come see the spark,
    Come feel the surrender. --Qp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Get him to talk about himself and make sure you verbalize that what he's telling you about is interesting. Then ask questions to get him to expand upon what he's telling you about. Say stuff like "ohh that's really cool!" and then ask a question. People like to talk about things that they're doing and are interesting to them, and they like when other people find what they're talking about to be interesting. This is the easiest thing to do, because you don't even have to talk much! Also make sure to cross your legs in his direction and nod on occasion to show your interest in what he's saying. And don't be overly touchy, because that makes guys feel like you're too clingy, which is a turn-off.
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    INFP

Laugh at his jokes. When in a group together give him your main attention. Stick your chest out a bit. Play with your hair. I wouldn't worry about crossing your legs in his direction -- just crossing your legs frequently around him will probably do the job. Although if you obviously cross your legs in his direction a lot he may catch on, since everyone knows that little bit of body-language lore. So it could work. Stretch in his presence every now and then.

Use these powers only for good.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

What's funny is that I'm sure I would miss all those kinds of queues even after reading this thread (and others). One thing to keep in mind is that men are pretty blind to subtle things (well if they're anything like me ) and thrown off by obvious things like telling them directly (It works, but not everyone's style; I know my mind would be locked into a Syntax Error for a long time)

The best advice, yeah, talk to them! Show interest in what they say, add to what they're saying (I know people who kind of go 'How are you?' 'Fine' 'That's good' and the conversation dies.) Don't worry about being random to add to the conversation (In my book, anyone an INFJ is comfortable around is probably not going to be fazed by a non sequitur).

Give them your attention, basically. They'll appreciate it.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Genuinely laugh and smile when you're talking with him, ask him questions and show a real interest in him... and try to relax and be confident. Confidence is the best. Your sincerity will shine through and you'll be irresistible.