First 12

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I value sincerity a lot. I think finding a core shared value might be helpful when conversing with someone I'm interested in. Will help me to come out a bit more too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Eye contact, smile, play with your hair, give him some body language to read, if that fails, just be blunt and tell him you think he is cute, if he doesn't pick that up, then walk away in frustration, he might be a dumbass :P
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFJ

i agree with everyone here. I find the best way to be flirtatious is to sound happy, engaged in the conversation, and interested in the other person. Confidence is incredibly important. But when it gets to the point that it's just you at dinner - like a more intimate setting - I've learned to look at the lips. Eye contact for too long is hard for me, too. So I sort of stare leisurely at the lips of the other person like I'm thinking about kissing them. Then you can look back up at their eyes and normally they'll know what you're thinking about

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I've become fond of a guy in one of my classes. Whenever I talk with him, while I do feel at ease with him, because I find him attractive I feel kind of awkward at the same time. As an introvert, it can be nerve wracking in the flirting procedure. I don't want to come on too strong too quickly either. Any flirting tips?

Thanks in advance.
    Have a couple drinks before class.

No, seriously, I know how you feel-- I am rubbish at flirting!! I always found it was best to be my non-flirt self... just smile and start a conversation. Class makes that easy because you can use the class material as an easy starting point: "What did you think of the reading?" or "Wow, that was a lot of homework! I didn't get it all done, did you?" You don't necessarily have to flirt - just come up with a way to have a few conversations and get to know you better. Good luck!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Admire him. Guys love to be admired. Tell him everything he does that is amazing, from a comment he made in class, to the way he dresses, whatever. And definitely practice the eye thing. Look at him straight in the eyes, while thinking "I love you." The eyes will communicate the message without you having to put yourself out there too much.

You can also ask him out on a "date that's not a date." Ask him to something non-threatening that doesn't sound like a date normally. For instance, invite him to be part of a group fund raiser or a study group or go to Bible study or to play raquetball with a group of friends (whatever you are interested in that's not dinner and a movie). What's important is that spending time together outside your normal meeting place (ie class) will give you more opportunities for something to happen.

MBTI
    INFJ

Are you a male or female? Then I can direct my response. But listen REALLY well - there's something electrifying about getting listened to well.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    Are you a male or female? Then I can direct my response. But listen REALLY well - there's something electrifying about getting listened to well.
    I'm female.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Do that INFJ thing where you make the person feel like a million dollars without them realizing that's what you are doing. If he's interested and not terribly shy, that's probably all it takes.