User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlet of NF expression through writing?

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar

Ny, yes, I do indeed. When I feel something intensely, I become creative in ways that I'm normally not. However, I am not quite sure why this is the case.

In addition, I'd like to add that I become extremely passionate under stress. Depending on the strength/intensity, I express this stress in different ways.

Crying is a natural outlet to release negative energy (or even positive energy) that is spinning out of control. Acting in an effusive manner, either positively or negatively, is another sign of extreme stress.

However, if I can keep it under wraps, (i.e. the stress is intense, but not unbearable) then I express myself in words in ways I normally could not.

Can you relate to that as well?

When it comes to expression through writing, it mostly takes the form of lyrics and structures of songs.. I may or may not end up recording them, but music's pretty big for me. When I'm frustrated, they turn overtly sarcastic or scathing.

Journaling's been a big thing for me over the past two years or so, too.

I'm often too scatterbrained to know where to start when I know that I need to get my thoughts out there, which is frustrating in and of itself.

I could add to the pile of frustrations with NF/ISFP relationships as well. Ugh

Writing helps me rid myself of momentary pain. Usually, it takes a very long time of gradual build up with a lot of annalyzing. Writing always come after the painful issue is resolved. I can write reflectively about something, and then it's behind me for the most part.

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Do you think in very expressive and profound wording when you're feeling something intensely?

I really didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it's just something personal relating to me this weekend.
    But I don't have a blog.

And I'm curious if anyone else here is the same way.

ISFP bf and I broke up Friday evening. Painful.

In the moments I'm feeling something intensely, these profound expressions just come to mind - which deeply describe what I'm feeling. Don't really think of anything so descriptive otherwise - in everyday life. But perhaps it is because this is so personal, it only seems expressive to me.

Must share.

How can you reject someone who loves you to death, and watch the shattered pieces of their heart written all across their face?

What is it they say... pain makes you feel alive. You feel its edge cutting through your soul. Through each gasp of air you breath in. The essence of your being wrenched to knots inside your chest. The agony of tearing yourself from someone you love because that is how the balance of nature must be. The raw experience of life's journey. A release, though painful bringing one back to the place where they belong, feeling once again right with the world.
    just saw this and yes i can relate. when i'm affected deeply by something...feeling intense pain/greif...i write my always stays there but yeah...odd poetry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Array rainoneventide's Avatar

Yeah I'm definitely the same, I need to get my emotions down on paper or else they'll be roiling around in my mind all night and I won't be able to sleep. Lately I've been writing poetry, or just working on plot ideas--being creative in general helps.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin