• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF and NT... drawn together like moth to flame

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anii speaks the truth. I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.

That only happens to me some of the time. But then that might be because I usually discuss ideas and theories with NT's most of the time rather than trying to draw out their emotions... so the times I do, it isn't very costly, or they just wanted to open up. I think sometimes they're more comfortable opening up to me than other NF's because I don't usually put as much pressure on them to discuss emotional perspectives rather than their more typical logical ones.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think I actually have emotional glow to suck. :unsure:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Anii speaks the truth. I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.

Hmmm... I think that might happen if you go in expecting to find something that it's there at all. You're reading too much into what they say or do... and ended up disappointed when you see the truth. If you go in with realistic expectations though, that might not necessarily happen. My opinions anyhow.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm... I think that might happen if you go in expecting to find something that it's there at all. You're reading too much into what they say or do... and ended up disappointed when you see the truth. If you go in with realistic expectations though, that might not necessarily happen. My opinions anyhow.

Yes, that's probably the case. I usually don't expect emotion from NT's and try to discuss what they're interested in, and then feel pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised when they open up or care about my problems a bit.

My motto is, if you don't have any expectations, you'll never be disappointed. And you'll see any thing positive that much more quickly.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have expectations, and I enforce them. Why have a relationship if you aren't going to be satisfied?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I have expectations, and I enforce them. Why have a relationship if you aren't going to be satisfied?

*nods* everybody should... but the expectations ought to be realistic no? You can't expect a pig to grow wings and learn how to fly... much like you can't expect an INTP to be all :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie: cuddly and mushy like.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can reasonably expect an NTP, cuddly or not, to get his bashful hands out of his pockets. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*nods* everybody should... but the expectations ought to be realistic no? You can't expect a pig to grow wings and learn how to fly... much like you can't expect an INTP to be all :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie: cuddly and mushy like.

I might be able to prove you wrong. ;) :D

Yeah good luck with that :nice: . *shuffles away*

Hey, man. She has experience.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My INTP is most definitely cuddly, sometimes mushy, and I have more trouble keeping his hands out of my pockets than his. I'm not sure if this means he's a defective NT or the ones some of ya'll are hooking up with are. :huh: Either way, I'm keeping mine and if it turns out he's defective, no way I'm going to push for him to fix it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My INTP is most definitely cuddly, sometimes mushy, and I have more trouble keeping his hands out of my pockets than his. I'm not sure if this means he's a defective NT or the ones some of ya'll are hooking up with are. :huh: Either way, I'm keeping mine and if it turns out he's defective, no way I'm going to push for him to fix it.

Some INTP's can be so sweet. Honestly, it's not when INTP's are cold that they scare me. It's when they bombard you with seemingly random emotions for no apparent reason that's scary (believe me, it doesn't happen often, but once is more than enough). The repressed passion can be all too intense. Other F's can be intense and it doesn't scare me in quite the same way, because their emotions seem to come from somewhere, seem to match with their personality and tendencies in a way, move in certain ways.

It seems like they could get better about this when they learn to show emotion more consistently. For what it's worth, I don't think there's anything wrong with him. It seems like you're both fairly happy, and that's a good thing, in my opinion.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
im entp... i could pass as enfp... if i didnt have an ice cold rational mind and intellectualize everything... logic over feeling.. but TRUST ME... the feelings are there and if you give me enough time and space, and i feel comfortable with you... ill give you a glance

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
im entp... i could pass as enfp... if i didnt have an ice cold rational mind and intellectualize everything... logic over feeling.. but TRUST ME... the feelings are there and if you give me enough time and space, and i feel comfortable with you... ill give you a glance

*blinks* I have no doubts about ENTP feelings... tertiary Fe and all. It's just a tad strange for NFs the first few times around because your emotions are so... abrupt. It flares up... then the next time around it's like there's nothing there at all... It leaves the NF thinking whether he/she imagined it the first time around or not.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ENTPs are less apt to do the startling "flare" than the Introverts, mostly I think because the extroversion prevents them from being able to tamp it down as effectively.