User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't know any ENTJ's, but even the most balanced INTP's I've known overreact to emotion.
    My membership in INTPc was cut short when one of the few posts I made got replies in the spirit of ..

"Aha! I gotcha! You had an emotion! haha! You made a post under the influence of emotion! You did! you did! I know you did! nee-neer... "

So I gathered that I need a bit more acceptance and maturity for emotions. If I had to be as impersonal as an encyclopedia in there, good bye ..

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Beat me to it.

I think INTPs are good at critiquing the sweeping generalizations INFPs are prone to making. They are really good for exploring and testing new ideas with. They are open to the unconventional, yet rigorous in testing the logical consistency of ideas. Plus, they give INFPs permission to be nasty without being mean. That should probably be first, actually.
    Oh my gosh, yes. I never realised that before, but that's actually a really valid point. Me and my INTP complain about things in ways that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing with anyone else... and it's okay. I'm not a horrible person for not being 110% nice all the time.

I tried explaining it to my ISFP mother once... she didn't get it.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    My membership in INTPc was cut short when one of the few posts I made got replies in the spirit of ..

"Aha! I gotcha! You had an emotion! haha! You made a post under the influence of emotion! You did! you did! I know you did! nee-neer... "

So I gathered that I need a bit more acceptance and maturity for emotions. If I had to be as impersonal as an encyclopedia in there, good bye ..
    I didn't even get that far. I basically got the impression I wasn't welcome on my first post simply because I was an FJ. (Which is understandable, given that an INTP's inferior is Fe.) I think the INTP's that know me think better of me than that, though... because I usually just talk to them about the things they're interested in, and eventually when they have an emotional problem, they come to me interested in what I have to say. I'm not sure how it works out that way, though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I didn't even get that far. I basically got the impression I wasn't welcome on my first post simply because I was an FJ. (Which is understandable, given that an INTP's inferior is Fe.) I think the INTP's that know me think better of me than that, though... because I usually just talk to them about the things they're interested in, and eventually when they have an emotional problem, they come to me interested in what I have to say. I'm not sure how it works out that way, though.
    I think that there's a certain tendency for people, especially those in a minority, to embrace their negatives as some sort of "membership badge". Instead of being a trait to work with/around, it's proof that you belong!!!! OMG!!11!1

So, anyway, on the OP: I have to say that my best friend is an ENFP and we make a good team precisely because of the contrast. She drags me out of my comfort zone if I've been surfing Wikipedia for a day, while I give her space to just lounge and be without being on. I have an absolute acceptance of whatever she's feeling, and a certain introspective knowledge of what her emotions are when she's just overwhelmed by everything, while she doesn't let me snark my way through life. We both speak in esoteric assumptions, theories and passions, but the intent and result are both very different. In other words: it works!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post

Extroverted NTs - Too hot to handle
    I don't mind the heat.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I don't mind the heat.
    A-hee. She doesn't. That is a fact.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

I am an INFP and the "love of my life" was an INTP. He is not the person I stayed with the longest but was with him several years, was intensely in love with him, and never really got over it. For a little while, at least, he was also intensely attached to me.

I was at first very confused by his seeming lack of internal emotions. I would search and pry and prod him to find out his feelings about any number of things and he eventually confessed to me that he didn't have very many feelings about anything, which I found very odd. I didn't know about the MBTI at the time.

At the same time I was fascinated by his ability to solve so many problems and understand so many things that I would have never figured out. It seemed like he could do or fix almost anything, and for the most part he was so sweet about it.

At first I think he enjoyed basking in my positive emotions for him; and in a way he appreciated my ability to help him at least figure out a little bit how he felt about things; but eventually he got bored with me and tired of my overemotionality.

I almost would think that INTP's were the type for me since I am so attracted to their NT, but, honestly I would fear that I would eventually be rejected for not be exiting enough and overly emotional, due to that experience.

I'm definately not representative of INFP's though, because I have other personality quirks involved.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    -NFs make me feel human.

-I can be myself around NF's. ie. as weird as I want to be, especially with NFP's.

-Feel a stronger connection.

-Far better understanding. Lots of miscommunication with Sensors.

-Seems more like "we're in this together". With some S's I just feel different from them or left out.

-I dont get bored with NF's, we can have fun together. Get lost in our own world.

-For the most part, most are not overly concerned with materialistic nonsense. ie. brand names and labels

What's most frustrating is their lack of logic and common sense. They can also be manipulative and very hypocritical. Sometimes overly sensitive. But all THAT is what draws us NT's towards them even more. It's the complete opposite of how we are.
    I COMPLETELY agree with your analysis. I have a male INFJ friend who is like my touchstone. He makes me feel like I am a human being. It seems like he is the only man that has ever really understood me..and accepts me exactly as I am. We had so much fun at a museum recently...I could see the other people in the museum...laughing as well.
    I have SO much trouble communicating with people who are sensors...especially SJs....that I now try to avoid them.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    I do think it's interesting that you said some of these differences draw you even more to NFs. I find that NTs and NFs are very complementary, filling in some of each others' shortcomings and being different enough to be fascinating while holding some of the most important factors in common. autumn
    Funny you should mention this...I just made this comment to another friend recently regarding a male INFJ friend that I recently reconnected with after 30 years. We have SO much in common, yet in the areas where we are different...his strengths are my weaknesses...and vice versa.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

What draws my INTPs friends and me together is that we understand and appreciate each other's weird imaginations that we usually hide from others.

nininini
    kekekekek
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"