First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    like rum & raisin and cookies & cream, good things come in pairs.
    I agree. But my mother might not. (Got the rundown just last night of what terrors we were growing up... apparently, we were lucky not to be left in a cardboard box on the side of the road. hahahaha...)

We're public distress systems. :rolli: Though I daresay the prodigal verbiage (yes! used that!) and emo histrionics do hide deeper issues. The appearance of open-ness does not mean they're truly open sometimes. The risk for misunderstanding is great.

I wish I knew more female ENTPs. All of mine are guys.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    hmmm you should listen to "stay forever" by ween. Your post reminded me of that.
    Yeah, it reminded me of "Poopship Destroyer"

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I agree. But my mother might not. (Got the rundown just last night of what terrors we were growing up... apparently, we were lucky not to be left in a cardboard box on the side of the road. hahahaha...)
    lol. We both used to get punished together (namely because it was hard to proportion blame to two equally guilty looking miscreants). We came up with inventive ways of hiding canes. Up to 10 years after, they were still finding the canes we hid.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I wish I knew more female ENTPs. All of mine are guys.
    I'm up for adoption. If you'd like to adopt a lost, rabid, mercurial, rambly little ENTP that is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

-NFs make me feel human.

-I can be myself around NF's. ie. as weird as I want to be, especially with NFP's.

-Feel a stronger connection.

-Far better understanding. Lots of miscommunication with Sensors.

-Seems more like "we're in this together". With some S's I just feel different from them or left out.

-I dont get bored with NF's, we can have fun together. Get lost in our own world.

-For the most part, most are not overly concerned with materialistic nonsense. ie. brand names and labels

What's most frustrating is their lack of logic and common sense. They can also be manipulative and very hypocritical. Sometimes overly sensitive. But all THAT is what draws us NT's towards them even more. It's the complete opposite of how we are.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    lol. We both used to get punished together (namely because it was hard to proportion blame to two equally guilty looking miscreants). We came up with inventive ways of hiding canes. Up to 10 years after, they were still finding the canes we hid.
    LOL!!! That sounds familiar!

I'm up for adoption. If you'd like to adopt a lost, rabid, mercurial, rambly little ENTP that is.
    Come on down, aelan! We'll certainly have you!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    -NFs make me feel human.

-I can be myself around NF's. ie. as weird as I want to be, especially with NFP's.

-Feel a stronger connection.

-Far better understanding. Lots of miscommunication with Sensors.

-Seems more like "we're in this together". With some S's I just feel different from them or left out.

-I dont get bored with NF's, we can have fun together. Get lost in our own world.

-For the most part, most are not overly concerned with materialistic nonsense. ie. brand names and labels
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    What's most frustrating is their lack of logic and common sense. They can also be manipulative and very hypocritical. Sometimes overly sensitive. But all THAT is what draws us NT's towards them even more. It's the complete opposite of how we are.
    Well, I don't know about other individual NFs, but I tend to be very logical, particularly in scholarly activities. I probably do it in a pretty NF kind of way, though.

As for "manipulative and hypocritical" NFs, well, I would think that would be more due to immaturity or other character flaws than to NFness. Then again, maybe those are some of the ways that immaturity and lack of character are commonly manifested in the NF, and other flaws would be more typical for immature individuals of other temperaments? I would think that an NF couldn't maintain being manipulative or hypocritical for very long due to their tendency to have strong personal values and to strive for honesty and authenticity. I am not perfect, but I definitely strive for honesty and authenticity, and dislike being manipulative or hypocritical.

Overly sensitive: yep, you got that one right.

I do think it's interesting that you said some of these differences draw you even more to NFs. I find that NTs and NFs are very complementary, filling in some of each others' shortcomings and being different enough to be fascinating while holding some of the most important factors in common.

autumn

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

What is truly going on here is detente.

MBTI
    INFJ

I definitely need someone of the N persuasion. NT would be the best-case-scenario.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

i can get on just fine with S.

But I will always feel misunderstood. Left out. Bored.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I am and ENFP and my husband is an INTP. We were seriously meant to be together. Though my mentor who is an ENTJ when i told him MIke's type said. "well Gretchen that's great! But who's going to balance the checkbook?" I love my husband for his consistency of thought. I often refer to him as my mental anchor. He is a pillar. He's incredibly intelligent, not a bit sexist, and incredibly sexy. His thoughts just dive into my soul like they were meant to be there. He's understanding of my whims and interests. Ever encouraging, skeptical to a good degree. Funny, in a sexy wry sort of way. Ideal to be sure.
    He likes me because I" am accepting of him, but never complacent. Strong willed, silly and independent. Unique and open. Never too certain and rarely casual about the things that are truly important. Open to new ideas and I keep him out of his ruts."
    I think more than anything it is a fusion of a strong balance in ideologies. He is the person who I always hoped existed but never believed it to be possible.
    About a week ago, I started talking to an INTP girl who I met online. I've talked to her A LOT and after going out with her, I can't help but realize that everything you've said here is the essence of our attraction so far. Things are looking good.