First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I know my INTJ can be very dismissive with most people. He falls prey to the emotional overload though with the few close friends he has. Like when I'm very very sick, he frequently worries A LOT, and tries to contain it, but the worry winds up eating at him if I remain sick for a long time. He becomes very depressed and unresponsive, and has to take more and more time alone. The upset drains him badly. This absolutely does NOT happen with him when he's around just Whomever Off The Street. It seems to be unfortunately counterproductive to forming a lasting, deep attachment. It frustrates him.
    Perhaps it has to do with the Fe/Fi inferior function when it comes to INTPs and ENTJs; it sneaks in the back door and hits them hard that way.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    NFs can understand NT's thoughts, and they think about similar things. They both have an intense drive for self-improvement. NTs can sort and mold the NF's ideas into something coherent (thank god) and NF can lavishly praise the NT, which the NT, suffering from low self-esteem and persistent self-doubt, eats up like Ivy's sandwiches.
    I agree with you, strange... I get this vibe whenever i'm talking to my INTP friend. She's always so happy when I 'open up' or say something that she wouldn't really picture coming from me. But anyways, that's me and my friends for you. Your discription is practically our relationship.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It seems like this person tends to not be as affected by explicit expressions from people they don't know well or aren't as close to, and thus find it easier to ignore or give a short response rather than correcting them. But the closer they get to them, and the better they know them, the more they need to be authentic/honest with them, and the increasing strength of the emotional attachment is such that it's typically more overwhelming for them to deal with emotion emanating from people closer to them. This is because they begin to value their emotions more, and this makes it more overwhelming for them when they perceive the emotions, especially in an explicit expression.
    Yeah...and it's also that my emotions can be non-existent to me until I lose control of them, and then I'm sitting there wondering what's wrong with me, and the other person is sitting there shocked.

Which tends to impede my honesty in future scenarios. Of course, giving too much attention to my emotions tends to remind me of them, and...makes it harder to control them, I suppose.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    NFs can understand NT's thoughts, and they think about similar things. They both have an intense drive for self-improvement. NTs can sort and mold the NF's ideas into something coherent (thank god) and NF can lavishly praise the NT, which the NT, suffering from low self-esteem and persistent self-doubt, eats up like Ivy's sandwiches.
    I mentioned this to my INTP, and we both agreed that your assessment is what we experience.

I know that when he's flashes his brilliance, I melt like butter.
    I know that when my feelings are intense, he is drawn to me with fascination.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ENFP

*clears throat* From A Bug's Life:
    "Don't go toward the light!!!!"
    " I can't help it! It's soo beautiful!" ZAP!

I am and ENFP and my husband is an INTP. We were seriously meant to be together. Though my mentor who is an ENTJ when i told him MIke's type said. "well Gretchen that's great! But who's going to balance the checkbook?" I love my husband for his consistency of thought. I often refer to him as my mental anchor. He is a pillar. He's incredibly intelligent, not a bit sexist, and incredibly sexy. His thoughts just dive into my soul like they were meant to be there. He's understanding of my whims and interests. Ever encouraging, skeptical to a good degree. Funny, in a sexy wry sort of way. Ideal to be sure.
    He likes me because I" am accepting of him, but never complacent. Strong willed, silly and independent. Unique and open. Never too certain and rarely casual about the things that are truly important. Open to new ideas and I keep him out of his ruts."
    I think more than anything it is a fusion of a strong balance in ideologies. He is the person who I always hoped existed but never believed it to be possible.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I know my INTJ can be very dismissive with most people. He falls prey to the emotional overload though with the few close friends he has. Like when I'm very very sick, he frequently worries A LOT, and tries to contain it, but the worry winds up eating at him if I remain sick for a long time. He becomes very depressed and unresponsive, and has to take more and more time alone. The upset drains him badly. This absolutely does NOT happen with him when he's around just Whomever Off The Street. It seems to be unfortunately counterproductive to forming a lasting, deep attachment. It frustrates him.
    Simply, you fear the loss. The N part helps NT and NF build a connection, as both absorb the non-dit in any situation. This connection is deepened because the Fs offers a different way of seeing to the Ts, which starts from the same source. If you wish, it is like a different intepretation of the same book.

I see my thoughts in words, but the Fs (here at least), are bringing it to life for me with colours and shapes. I surmise for the Fs, the structure of the Ts helps give tangible frames and patterns to their dimensions and colours.

Think that deepens the connection for the two. Why the T draws back is perhaps a lack of trust in a connection that defies logic, simply. No easy solutions for that. . . Perhaps a slowing down over time and learning that the constancy is real.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Simply, you fear the loss. The N part helps NT and NF build a connection, as both absorb the non-dit in any situation. This connection is deepened because the Fs offers a different way of seeing to the Ts, which starts from the same source. If you wish, it is like a different intepretation of the same book.

I see my thoughts in words, but the Fs (here at least), are bringing it to life for me with colours and shapes. I surmise for the Fs, the structure of the Ts helps give tangible frames and patterns to their dimensions and colours.

Think that deepens the connection for the two. Why the T draws back is perhaps a lack of trust in a connection that defies logic, simply. No easy solutions for that. . . Perhaps a slowing down over time and learning that the constancy is real.
    hmmm you should listen to "stay forever" by ween. Your post reminded me of that.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    hmmm you should listen to "stay forever" by ween. Your post reminded me of that.
    sweet song. thanks for pointing that out. =)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Simply, you fear the loss.
    I see this on his face, and I pity the torture going on his head because he couldn't have picked two more stressful ailing people to be best friends with. When things have been going bad with the Twins, I see that twisted-up look of his go flickering past, though it rarely makes it fully to the surface. Happens with some of my ENTPs too, though they're much less able to conceal their distress.

Beautifully stated.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I see this on his face, and I pity the torture going on his head because he couldn't have picked two more stressful ailing people to be best friends with. When things have been going bad with the Twins, I see that twisted-up look of his go flickering past, though it rarely makes it fully to the surface.
    like rum & raisin and cookies & cream, good things come in pairs.

Happens with some of my ENTPs too, though they're much less able to conceal their distress.
    We're public distress systems. :rolli: Though I daresay the prodigal verbiage (yes! used that!) and emo histrionics do hide deeper issues. The appearance of open-ness does not mean they're truly open sometimes. The risk for misunderstanding is great.

Beautifully stated.
    thank you.