User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Man... that stinks.
    I know....I think it stinks too, but there isn't too much I can do at this point. It's all up to him.

MBTI
    ENFP

Anii speaks the truth. I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

mmm... emotional glow... tastes like candy!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisbueller View Post
    I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.
    That only happens to me some of the time. But then that might be because I usually discuss ideas and theories with NT's most of the time rather than trying to draw out their emotions... so the times I do, it isn't very costly, or they just wanted to open up. I think sometimes they're more comfortable opening up to me than other NF's because I don't usually put as much pressure on them to discuss emotional perspectives rather than their more typical logical ones.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think I actually have emotional glow to suck.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisbueller View Post
    Anii speaks the truth. I think that the NT's often seriously burn NF's, sucking their emotional glow until they grow tired of it and move on. But that's just my opinion, haha.
    Hmmm... I think that might happen if you go in expecting to find something that it's there at all. You're reading too much into what they say or do... and ended up disappointed when you see the truth. If you go in with realistic expectations though, that might not necessarily happen. My opinions anyhow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Hmmm... I think that might happen if you go in expecting to find something that it's there at all. You're reading too much into what they say or do... and ended up disappointed when you see the truth. If you go in with realistic expectations though, that might not necessarily happen. My opinions anyhow.
    Yes, that's probably the case. I usually don't expect emotion from NT's and try to discuss what they're interested in, and then feel pleasantly (or unpleasantly) surprised when they open up or care about my problems a bit.

My motto is, if you don't have any expectations, you'll never be disappointed. And you'll see any thing positive that much more quickly.

MBTI
    INFP

I have expectations, and I enforce them. Why have a relationship if you aren't going to be satisfied?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I have expectations, and I enforce them. Why have a relationship if you aren't going to be satisfied?
    *nods* everybody should... but the expectations ought to be realistic no? You can't expect a pig to grow wings and learn how to fly... much like you can't expect an INTP to be all cuddly and mushy like.

MBTI
    INFP

If that's what she was referring to, then, of course not.