User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    there's a certain freedom because I don't have to be cerebral.
    My problem is usually the reverse. I like being cerebral. Many people don't. Others are fascinated by it but eventually get annoyed. A very select few really understand how to respond effectively to it, in one way or another.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    My problem is usually the reverse. I like being cerebral. Many people don't. Others are fascinated by it but eventually get annoyed. A very select few really understand how to respond effectively to it, in one way or another.

Just a clarification: Aelan isn't saying that she doesn't like to be cerebral or prefer T in her primary function. I believe she's saying she enjoys the variety and change-up from dealing with NFs and the NF version of cerebral pursuits which may take a sidestep from "hard" logic into other realms that both types find stimulating. It's about a change of pace.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Just a clarification: Aelan isn't saying that she doesn't like to be cerebral or prefer T in her primary function. I believe she's saying she enjoys the variety and change-up from dealing with NFs and the NF version of cerebral pursuits which may take a sidestep from "hard" logic into other realms that both types find stimulating. It's about a change of pace.
    Ah. Understanding.

With other cerebrainiacs, what happens is generally a head-on debate that degenerates into semantics and a who's right who's wrong, which irritates the P in me that is just seeking to explore vs conclude/"win".

With the NF the exploration is possible without falling into a competition of sorts. It becomes like a dance, an action, reaction, thrust-and-parry, throw-a-curve, follow-a-loop dialogue. It is stimulating in a different way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

NF's

Love em. Hate Em. Cant do without em. Well, actually yes I can. But life seems much more "complete" when I have a special one in my life.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    what happens is generally a head-on debate that degenerates into semantics and a who's right who's wrong, which irritates the P in me that is just seeking to explore vs conclude/"win".
    Ah, I see. On the whole, I'm with you on that one. That bugs the heck out of me (and I'm a J). I suppose in this particular aspect I lean toward exhibiting P behavior (in that I prefer to explore ideas in a discussion rather than an argument). Yet, inevitably my J-ness desires closure to a discussion and attempts to discern where everyone agrees rather than where everyone disagrees.

However, from my personal experience, I have found that a persons tendency to argue a point (semantics or otherwise) has a lot to do with personal history above and beyond their personality type. I have had an INxP argue with me for several hours over semantics, probably because he was being oversensitive at the time and trying to assert himself in the conversation. I've also known some J-types to be quite reasonable, that is if they are mature enough to understand the give-and-take necessary in a pleasant conversation.

Maturity may have a lot to do with it. I'm still working on that determination, though.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Default NF and NT... drawn together like moth to flame

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    NF and NT... drawn together like moth to flame
    Every time I read this thread title, I want to finish the sentence:

"... and one of them gets burned." Likely the NF.

I've been skerred to say this, but what the hell? It's not like we don't all know this happens. So really, I'm stating the obvious. Which is supremely boring.

I'll shut up now.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Every time I read this thread title, I want to finish the sentence:

"... and one of them gets burned." Likely the NF.
    I disagree! I'm the NT...and I think I'm getting burned by the NF. I'm not sure that he knows I'm even alive....sad to say.

MBTI
    INFP

I agree with anii. But a way around this fate is by pouring your resources into the relationship and striving to better understand and communicate. It is so easy to shut someone out and put up a wall, but if you try like your life depends on it, you will reap the rewards..

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I agree with anii. But a way around this fate is by pouring your resources into the relationship and striving to better understand and communicate. It is so easy to shut someone out and put up a wall, but if you try like your life depends on it, you will reap the rewards..
    Unfortunately I'm already doing what you suggested....and I still think I'm getting burned. That's why....I'll probably resort to the shut out/wall up....cause I have no other choice....if I want to go on.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongvk12 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm already doing what you suggested....and I still think I'm getting burned. That's why....I'll probably resort to the shut out/wall up....cause I have no other choice....if I want to go on.
    Man... that stinks.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters