First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't know. The attraction was so strong between my NT and I that we were never just friends. We know each other pretty well now and I can safely call us the best of friends, but there is still an incredibly strong attraction despite the power struggles of the early stages of the relationship.
    That's me and any NT that I ever got serious with. Immediate pyrotechnics, internal, external, et al. That, to me, goes way beyond mere sexual pull. I have to get hit squarely on several whiplash levels to take me down that hard in the first place. I can just tell when something ISN'T going to work, and it loses flash within seconds. The real white-hot attractions have always been an instinctive pull toward someone that WILL work. Otherwise, it's a futile effort.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't know. The attraction was so strong between my NT and I that we were never just friends. We know each other pretty well now and I can safely call us the best of friends, but there is still an incredibly strong attraction despite the power struggles of the early stages of the relationship.

It's a brain madness. NT's make me feel like my mind has some sort of very clear thinking fever ( if that's possible). It seems very primal, but not animalistic. Like an immediate recognition, perhaps. The first time I encountered this phenomenon, it was terrifying because the pull was so strong, but it didn't feel dangerous, which made me think I was going crazy. Maybe because I'm not a headlong sort of person - I'm very careful about who I involve myself with, and I don't fall in love easily or immediately. So a force that strong is pretty overwhelming. Of course, it also feels absolutely right, which is befuddling.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    That's me and any NT that I ever got serious with. Immediate pyrotechnics, internal, external, et al. That, to me, goes way beyond mere sexual pull. I have to get hit squarely on several whiplash levels to take me down that hard in the first place. I can just tell when something ISN'T going to work, and it loses flash within seconds. The real white-hot attractions have always been an instinctive pull toward someone that WILL work. Otherwise, it's a futile effort.
    Well said, my sister! Nothing worse than being buried alive in a futile relationship. I won't have it, I say! Death to all tyrants!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really know about all of that, but I get a very strong vibe of calmness, trust, understanding, and even intense concern/attention from many NT's that I don't get from most other types, even just in talking to them over the Internet.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't really know about all of that, but I get a very strong vibe of calmness, trust, understanding, and even intense concern/attention from many NT's that I don't get from most other types, even just in talking to them over the Internet.
    It's funny that you should write this description because I feel like I am more calm, trusting, understanding and attentive when I am with my INFJ friend. In short, he brings out the best in me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

one thing i noticed about the ENFJ I was dating was that she acted more NT around me - more calm, less emotional.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    one thing i noticed about the ENFJ I was dating was that she acted more NT around me - more calm, less emotional.
    I do that as well at times. There's less need to be emotional when you feel more in balance with an NT.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

*nods* I'm like that as well... though nowadays if you get me interested in theory, I automatically go into that mode.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    I can do that too, esp in the "getting to know you" phase, I'm adapting to the NT mode.

But I know I'm really comfortable when I show my Fi with an NT-- I still will try to use vocabulary that is NT-friendly, I'll make distinctions & try to be as precise as possible, but the content will be values & priorities, & the delivery may be dramatic & emotional. If the NT is accepting of that part of me, that isn't shown to many people, they will be considered really special.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I do that as well at times. There's less need to be emotional when you feel more in balance with an NT.
    Not sure, but with an NF, there's a certain freedom because I don't have to be cerebral. It is a release in a certain way, and a new way of seeing things. They let you be silly which with other NTs you may not be. But it isn't always easy to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    I can do that too, esp in the "getting to know you" phase, I'm adapting to the NT mode.

But I know I'm really comfortable when I show my Fi with an NT-- I still will try to use vocabulary that is NT-friendly, I'll make distinctions & try to be as precise as possible, but the content will be values & priorities, & the delivery may be dramatic & emotional. If the NT is accepting of that part of me, that isn't shown to many people, they will be considered really special.
    * I think the key is that acceptance and finding that middle ground.