• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: How scientific/nerdy are you?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
My type has been confirmed forever, but I'm interested in this part, because I have a lot of nerd in me.

So ENFPs... How scientific are you? What do you do that is really nerdy? (story time!)

sculpting

I keep trying to compare personality types to math. I am goofy as shit.

Yup.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Currently studying to be a doctor.. I love to read articles about the body, and how it works.. I love working lab experiments. I read a lot, I play D&D, video games, and I shop regularly at thinkgeek.com .. I'm pretty nerdy.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I have more nerdy discussions than I do nerdy things by myself

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
while not an ENFP, I have bored physics people to death while talking about the history and "interestingness" of math, e.g. von grothendieck's "prime number"

That's probably one of those times where each look at the other person and think to ourselves "OMG, your so amazingly nerdy!"

note: alexander von grothendieck is a very famous dude in the mathematical subject of category theory, whose best brief description that I can try to give is "its like taking abstract algebra [groups, rings, fields, ideals, etc], and abstracting it again [morphisms, functors, etc]". Well category theory is pretty darn abstract, "I will take the category of all groups!", and apparently good ol andy was quite the theorist, as in not practical. one of his number theory buddies apparently found some new computational theorem involving prime numbers and wanted to "show it off" to vG. So he asked vG to pick a random number, to which vG responded "what, an *actual* particular specific prime number???" to which the response was akin to "yes, an actual specific particular prime number, now pick one already" to which VG responded something like "well alright, if I have to pick one, let's go with 51". This is funny because 51 isn't even actually a prime number [3*17=51]. Hence vG's "prime number".

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I like read mangas & comic books and watch anime. I do forum-based role plays, and I like sci-fi movies. Thats just about as nerdy as I get. Oh! And I own a pair of those "squared-thick framed" glasses that are in style now.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm pretty nerdy. I love science so much I once wanted to be a doctor.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not sure what nerdy really means, or if I am or not. I am notorious for researching odd sparks of interest all the time. I've taught myself many things, and I bore people on many topics. I like to know why everything is the way it is.

For example, I started a garden for the first time in my life. I've never had any exposure to gardening whatsoever because of where I lived most of my life. When I decided to start the garden I did a ton of research and now I've experimented with all kinds of ways to do things. I'm really interested in how it all works. I do things that no one else eve considered and I'm happy over even my failures because they are experiments. I'm enjoying myself and really love it. EVERYONE things I'm crazy and they don't understand why I didn't just ask some farmer how to do it, and do they way everyone around here does it. They have no interest in the whys or hows like I do.

I'm like that with everything. Some things I become slightly obsessive about, and other things are short term interests that may only last a day.

I also homeschool, and my son lives science. So I get to learn about so many things I didn't care about when I was young because of the presentation. I love it.

I am very artistic though too, and I think people see that side of me more often, and the tend to associate me with those things. The other stuff isn't as out in the open, so I don't think I'd really be thought of as a nerd except by those who know me well.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm an art nerd. I study critical theory and some philosophy relating to aesthetics and me and my friends argue about it all the time. I'm also a gaming nerd and combine gaming with critical theory.

As far as hard sciences I'm more of just a hobbyist. I read a lot of layman's non-fiction on different science topics but I'm not trained in any sciences beyond just tinkering around.

Also, film geek.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I really like biology, evolutionary biology, physical training (lack discipline, tho) and anthropology. I also enjoy random theories on physics. Occasionally straying off into biochemistry is funtoo.
I become obsessed with a subject for a time and sciences are a frequent obsession/random dialogue. I've unleashed so many monologues on things like what killed the Rapa Nui it's kind of. ..alienating.
The most random week-long obsession was Cryptozoology. My poor family, having to listen to that.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love physics. I don't understand the math/symbolic thinking it involves (even though it intersts me), but theory interests me greatly. All science inspires me on a very spiritual level, I'm just not very good at it. I wish i were.

Also, I am a huge video game/forumz nerd. I love the internet, and in particular nerd culture/internet communities that form around it. I just did a study for a class i took on Global Sexualities...the idea was to explore space and place theory and how it related to the idea of "sexual identity" in different cultures, with an emphasis on LGBTQ sexuality. I chose to do my study on nerd/gaming communities of the LGBTQ persuasion. It was awesome because I basically got to spend my whole semester playing MMORPGs and participating in LGBTQ-friendly guilds...and it got me an A! I actually plan on taking the findings of this study and going further with it, as they led me to believe that there's quite a lot of potential for LGBTQ activism in internet/gaming/forum places.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm uber-nerdy. :nerd:

Always have been.

:)

I was a bio major for 2.5 years and a math major for a year.

I read non-fiction science books, and have subscribed to Science News for several years.

I tend to surprise people a lot, they see this affable, attractive girl and, when immersed in conversation come to realize that I have a lot of things, thoughts and opinions going on in my head regarding almost anything.

Hahahhaaa, I love this, that element of shock and surprise that I receive.

I'm like an uber-nerd incognito.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I suppose a know a bit about computers/programming, and like discussing physics with my physicist brother but I wouldn't consider myself nerdy per se no.

I'm more of a geek than a nerd.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^What's the difference?

Between a geek and a nerd?

I think that some nerds can be geeky, but that one can be a nerd and not be geeky if that makes sense.

I would never classify myself as geeky, no.

Nerdy, hell yes.

Geeky, no.

:static:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^What's the difference?

Between a geek and a nerd?

I think that some nerds can be geeky, but that one can be a nerd and not be geeky if that makes sense.

I would never classify myself as geeky, no.

Nerdy, hell yes.

Geeky, no.

:static:

I'm a geek because I obsess over videogames (and movies and music).

Geek can be losers. Nerds tend to be productive.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
"Nerds tend to be productive"

????

No.

I know plenty of nerds, myself, my father, my friends, my ex, all of whom aren't the least bit "productive" in their nerdy pursuits.

Nerds and geeks can both be losers, I guess, but that's sad, for someone to be a loser, I don't really like to think of people as losers, in fact, I rarely, if ever, do.

Some people are pathetic and sad, but that doesn't make them a "loser" in my books.

Anyhow, I think nerds and geeks do/like things they do simply because they do, and damn what other people think, y'know?

It has very little to do with productivity, imo.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i started of as an engineering major.
then i switched to literature.

academic tunnel vision nerds kinda bore me.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
academic tunnel vision nerds kinda bore me.

Same here. It always irks me when a math person doesn't see the importance of literature and the written/spoken word or the arts. Or when someone into humanities neglects their body (the importance of physical stimulation like training/exercise) and often probability.

revolve

i was never good at math or science in highschool or college but i read up on simplified versions of quantum physics, quantum mechanics & cosmology type stuff whenever i get the chance & i love love love love love it . . . as long as it is dumbed down enough for me to understand :)