User Tag List

12 Last

Default ENFPs: How scientific/nerdy are you?

My type has been confirmed forever, but I'm interested in this part, because I have a lot of nerd in me.

So ENFPs... How scientific are you? What do you do that is really nerdy? (story time!)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

I keep trying to compare personality types to math. I am goofy as shit.

Yup.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Currently studying to be a doctor.. I love to read articles about the body, and how it works.. I love working lab experiments. I read a lot, I play D&D, video games, and I shop regularly at thinkgeek.com .. I'm pretty nerdy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I have more nerdy discussions than I do nerdy things by myself

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

while not an ENFP, I have bored physics people to death while talking about the history and "interestingness" of math, e.g. von grothendieck's "prime number"

That's probably one of those times where each look at the other person and think to ourselves "OMG, your so amazingly nerdy!"

note: alexander von grothendieck is a very famous dude in the mathematical subject of category theory, whose best brief description that I can try to give is "its like taking abstract algebra [groups, rings, fields, ideals, etc], and abstracting it again [morphisms, functors, etc]". Well category theory is pretty darn abstract, "I will take the category of all groups!", and apparently good ol andy was quite the theorist, as in not practical. one of his number theory buddies apparently found some new computational theorem involving prime numbers and wanted to "show it off" to vG. So he asked vG to pick a random number, to which vG responded "what, an *actual* particular specific prime number???" to which the response was akin to "yes, an actual specific particular prime number, now pick one already" to which VG responded something like "well alright, if I have to pick one, let's go with 51". This is funny because 51 isn't even actually a prime number [3*17=51]. Hence vG's "prime number".

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I like read mangas & comic books and watch anime. I do forum-based role plays, and I like sci-fi movies. Thats just about as nerdy as I get. Oh! And I own a pair of those "squared-thick framed" glasses that are in style now.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm pretty nerdy. I love science so much I once wanted to be a doctor.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm not sure what nerdy really means, or if I am or not. I am notorious for researching odd sparks of interest all the time. I've taught myself many things, and I bore people on many topics. I like to know why everything is the way it is.

For example, I started a garden for the first time in my life. I've never had any exposure to gardening whatsoever because of where I lived most of my life. When I decided to start the garden I did a ton of research and now I've experimented with all kinds of ways to do things. I'm really interested in how it all works. I do things that no one else eve considered and I'm happy over even my failures because they are experiments. I'm enjoying myself and really love it. EVERYONE things I'm crazy and they don't understand why I didn't just ask some farmer how to do it, and do they way everyone around here does it. They have no interest in the whys or hows like I do.

I'm like that with everything. Some things I become slightly obsessive about, and other things are short term interests that may only last a day.

I also homeschool, and my son lives science. So I get to learn about so many things I didn't care about when I was young because of the presentation. I love it.

I am very artistic though too, and I think people see that side of me more often, and the tend to associate me with those things. The other stuff isn't as out in the open, so I don't think I'd really be thought of as a nerd except by those who know me well.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm an art nerd. I study critical theory and some philosophy relating to aesthetics and me and my friends argue about it all the time. I'm also a gaming nerd and combine gaming with critical theory.

As far as hard sciences I'm more of just a hobbyist. I read a lot of layman's non-fiction on different science topics but I'm not trained in any sciences beyond just tinkering around.

Also, film geek.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP

I really like biology, evolutionary biology, physical training (lack discipline, tho) and anthropology. I also enjoy random theories on physics. Occasionally straying off into biochemistry is funtoo.
    I become obsessed with a subject for a time and sciences are a frequent obsession/random dialogue. I've unleashed so many monologues on things like what killed the Rapa Nui it's kind of. ..alienating.
    The most random week-long obsession was Cryptozoology. My poor family, having to listen to that.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.