User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Where did you read that? I don't find this to be true for me at all, it's actually the polar opposite of who I am. Since I was a child I have always felt drawn to the hurting and vulnerable in order to protect and comfort them, weakness in another person in general generates in me the desire to include the person and to make them feel less aware of their weakness. I guess that's a typical Fe reaction.
    Found it while I was browsing through past blog posts: Personality Pages

* May be unaware (and sometimes uncaring) of how they come across to others
    * May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it
    * May apply their judgment more often towards others, rather than towards themselves
    * With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for any problems in their lives
    * May have unrealistic and/or unreasonable expectations of others
    * May be intolerant of weaknesses in others
    * May believe that they're always right
    * May be obsessive and passionate about details that may be unimportant to the big picture
    * May be cuttingly derisive and sarcastic towards others
    * May have an intense and quick temper
    * May be tense, wound up, have high blood pressure and find it difficult to relax
    * May hold grudges, and have difficulty forgiving people
    * May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making
    * May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to others
    * May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

hey ballentine,

I am actually pretty close friends with an INFJ guy. He was raised in Texas so his Fe has a pretty traditional flavor to it.

He distinctly can be a douche to people who he perceives as stupid or lazy. I always figured this was tert Ti at work underneath his NiFe solidity.

He isnt very merciful when dealing with stupid people. I actually like to get guy advice from him as he will be brutally honest about how stupid and nieve some of the things I do are. "You really thought that would work out? Ridiculous." It's an Fe vs Fi thing, but he holds me accountable in a weird Fe way.

Two other INFJs I have known-both girls-sort of stand back and let the "stupids" run afoul of their own stupidity. Then they kind of smile with their eyes at you, ask "what are you gonna do?" and then just drive around the mess and keep moving. They are not sympathetic.

Maybe you guys have high Fe standards or something? I dunno, just external observations I have seen.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    * May be unaware (and sometimes uncaring) of how they come across to others
    * May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it
    * May apply their judgment more often towards others, rather than towards themselves
    * With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for any problems in their lives
    * May have unrealistic and/or unreasonable expectations of others
    * May be intolerant of weaknesses in others
    * May believe that they're always right
    * May be obsessive and passionate about details that may be unimportant to the big picture
    * May be cuttingly derisive and sarcastic towards others
    * May have an intense and quick temper
    * May be tense, wound up, have high blood pressure and find it difficult to relax
    * May hold grudges, and have difficulty forgiving people
    * May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making
    * May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to others
    * May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture
    Wow. If this is actually a description of INFJ, I don't think it's my type. I have many of the opposite problems. Almost everything on here from obsessing over details and losing sight of the big picture, to imposing judgment on others before internalizing it and imposing it on self, to feeling anger quickly, etc. are absolute perfect opposites of me. It's not just that it doesn't quite fit, it is that it is the opposite of the way I operate. I can relate to the "wishy washy" bit where it is difficult to make decisions on the fly, but I think that is the only one. I also see issues from many sides, but am fairly consistent blaming myself. Overall though, that list makes me think I must be an INFP.

Under stress I become more of what I am, not the opposite, and I'm somewhat old and so have been operating this way for years. I become the opposite of that list under stress and am normally opposite of it. Under stress details blank out from my mind to a degree that frightens me. I also blame myself for everything to a degree that frightens me. Under stress I tend to feel more sorry for people and err in the direction of overdoing it. It also takes me years to feel anger.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    I understand what you're saying. Weak-willed people, the type of people with malleable minds that are weak to temptations and can never say no, followers that blame others for their own weaknesses.
    Yeah, that I dislike and have disdain for. And it usually goes along with refusal to take responsibility for one's own actions, which I hate. Although it is also quite possible that I have a little of it in myself - not much, I hope. I really think I almost always take responsibility for my actions and mistakes, but there are occasions when I can definitely be easily led, and DEFINITELY where I can be self-indulgent.

But if it comes to vulnerability, fear of the unknown, phobias, etc I totally sympathize with people and may even be drawn to them.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

Resurrecting the thread (and I'm sorry if it's forbidden) but I think in this case; sympathy and disdain is only the different side of a coin. I suspect it's rooted in one thing; a desire to see the weakness gone. Good inside, but may not be so very good outside.

I do empathize with the TS. >_>; It's happening to me, and I'm just reading about shadows and.. yeah, I can see a certain aspect of it is definitely a projection.

The first thing I'd like to suggest is to identify which part, and make peace with it, before choosing to grow out of it.