User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. #21
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    How about we compromise:

    Women like a man that makes her come to him.
    LOL

    sure....

    but yeah, i think 20 years ago, the whole " bombard her until she gives in" works somewhat better than nowadays...just my opinion though...

  2. #22
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    In the beginning, of course.

    Women like men that aren't desperate for their affection.

    But once we're together, lay it on me.

  3. #23
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    In the beginning, of course.

    Women like men that aren't desperate for their affection.

    But once we're together, lay it on me.
    That's the part that most guys don't understand. It's like the game changes once the chase is over.

  4. #24
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    My first point was that a man shouldn't have to play games because if she likes you she will appreciate your attention.

    My second point was (because it was brought up by nomadic that it's a different ballgame before the two of you are bf/gf) that it is true that women can be attracted to a certain degree of reserve in a man. If only because it means that the affection you give her is special.

    But my first point holds true: it doesn't matter what you do. If she likes you, whatever you do will be endearing.

  5. #25
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    My first point was that a man shouldn't have to play games because if she likes you she will appreciate your attention.

    My second point was (because it was brought up by nomadic that it's a different ballgame before the two of you are bf/gf) that it is true that women can be attracted to a certain degree of reserve in a man. If only because it means that the affection you give her is special.

    But my first point holds true: it doesn't matter what you do. If she likes you, whatever you do will be endearing.
    There are some women out there, who like to play hard to get. They feel you have to work to win them....what about those women?

  6. #26
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    My first point was that a man shouldn't have to play games because if she likes you she will appreciate your attention.

    My second point was (because it was brought up by nomadic that it's a different ballgame before the two of you are bf/gf) that it is true that women can be attracted to a certain degree of reserve in a man. If only because it means that the affection you give her is special.

    But my first point holds true: it doesn't matter what you do. If she likes you, whatever you do will be endearing.
    i agree with all u said right here brah. we were just misunderstading about timing issues and sub-context.

    about the first point u had, yeah it shouldn't be like that. i can't play games on purpose, for me sometimes it does feel like they jump on me more if they feel me slipping away, but i don't do it on purpose though... im sure girls can tell if i am doing it on purpose...

  7. #27
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    There are some women out there, who like to play hard to get. They feel you have to work to win them....what about those women?
    When you want something very much, you don't let them slip away. It's a wonderful filter, when you don't play games.

    She has to know you're interested... but even then, humans are designed to be able to pick up the attraction of another, so there's little excuse there.

  8. #28
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    When you want something very much, you don't let them slip away. It's a wonderful filter, when you don't play games.

    She has to know you're interested... but even then, humans are designed to be able to pick up the attraction of another, so there's little excuse there.
    A perfect balance then, because I think it backfires more than it works. Looks alone don't work, either. There are a lot of nice looking girls out here. Hopefully she has something to say too

  9. #29
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Just because a woman doesn't pick a bunch of guys that want her more than she wants them doesn't mean she wants a guy that wants her less than she wants him.

    She isn't picking those guys because she isn't interested, not because they want her, although it's might feel better to think that way if you are a guy being rejected. Well, it's because girls always want what they can't have. No. It's because she isn't interested. Ignore her, try it! She won't come running. But it's nice to fantasize about.

    Women with self-esteem appreciate a man that is 100% invested (when they are interested). That bold part is the fact that needs to be faced.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    yeah, i agree with the 100% invested part but come on bro, thats when you are together, like BF/GF.... later down the line. this relationship "power balance" seems more about the dating stage, what we are talking about in this thread...

    actually i never ignore a girl on purpose... it just happens that someone else called first and grabbed my attention... also its my situation too. Im going to grad school, so i got a lot of free time, while all these girls im talking about are working full time...
    I was about to agree with disregard, but then my PUA instincts kicked in, and I agree with nomad more . Until there are LABELS and terms of endearment involved, its a power struggle of who has the fastest exit strategy (or so I have experienced sadly )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO