User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Actually, your story of you and your boyfriend irritated me. It seemed that he just didn't really value what you had to say. I know, personally, I would've enjoyed listening and learning about the history of the house. If that person cares about you, they'll make an attempt to listen and to understand.
    And this is a astute observation - my son, ESFP, a complete lover of history, could talk your ear off about it. He too would have loved this part of the convo.

That's not necessarily an S / N divide, using it as a subjective "for example".

And @bolded:
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ like now LOL!

C'mere all you ENTP's, I love ya all and give you a giant !
    ENTPs Just because I have so much fun in the process Especially when I hit that button that makes them have to explain their reasoning to me Dont worry, I do this to pretty much everyone
    Im out, its been fun

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Are you sick of being an S in an N forum?
    Not really, no. In fact, it's kind of exhilarating. I actually really like watching and seeing how N's interact and think. I think the only thing that upsets me is when someone immediately pushes me away because I'm an S. But that's only happened just a very few times(like twice).
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Not really, no. In fact, it's kind of exhilarating. I actually really like watching and seeing how N's interact and think. I think the only thing that upsets me is when someone immediately pushes me away because I'm an S. But that's only happened just a very few times(like twice).
    I'm sorry; this thread was directed at Ns. Could you and your S-hat please See your way to another area of the forum?

Thanks!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I'm sorry; this thread was directed at Ns. Could you and your S-hat please See your way to another area of the forum?

Thanks!
    I see what you did there
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Personally, I don't find anything wrong with talking about the style of the house that's pretty. That actually sounds pretty Si for comparing to something you know about in the past. Heck, sometimes I'm the one rambling on.
    I can easily imagine this. It depends, I think, on where your interest is. I can imagine the particular person's Ne not with the details or history of something but 'in loose space' around it. N then will drift off, likely, while the S(i) will probably stick to the thing in question - or to the person in question as the Se in OP's story.

To OP: I've encountered things like that, where I was literally requested to "just say [only] yes" to a question. Or was it in my phantasy?
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    GONE

I think it was more frustrating when I was younger but I think life experience and repetition makes things easier.

I also think I have a lot of intuitive friends and a larger circle of intuitives in my social networks (woot woot for liberal arts colleges and progressive/hippies? lol). I think some of the friction that people associate with S vs N is not a personality typing issue but an institutional issue. Meaning its not so much about interpersonal conflict but rather you dealing (or not) with the nitty gritty of life like dealing with utility companies, insurance, doctors visits, driving, etc. There are some things that could be more intuitive friendly and be retooled, for instance schools and learning environments, but there are some that are inherently super 'S' or detail/sensory oriented.

I think as far as adulthood is concerned, a lot of N/S friction or disorientation can't be helped, it's really up to you regardless of your personality type to be competent and get around in the world.

The most extreme case of N vs S interpersonal friction or misunderstanding I've seen is when extreme N's (especially NPs) are considered "spacey" or "airheady". In this I have to side with the "S's" - if you are extremely in your head or disconnected in a concrete/sensory way with your surroundings that is often read (correctly) as not being in touch with the people around you and just not caring. I think this is exacerbated if you are an introvert or if you are extraverted and read as having a "hard edge".

I know I've been read as aloof or unfriendly or just in my own world in the past and I understand why.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Don't start me on another rant: love ? preferred "type". I have been married to an ESTJ for 20+ years, and cutting potential mates from your list because of their "type" is short-sighted at best.
    I don`t "look" for certain type related preferences. If the relationship would be fulfilling I wouldn`t really care about type. But I have yet to meet a sensor romantically interested in me, who wouldn`t just think I`m weird and leave it at that. Or it could be I just met really immature/unhealthy guys (which can be of any type of course).
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

MBTI
    INTJ

I tihnk it's more balance and maturity.

After my last reltionship, I've come to appreciate a girl that can expand on a topic that's thrown out and share something with me that I didn't know or isn't widely known, whether it's directly related to what I said or it somehow connects to another thought within that person.

Overall, This is going in the direction of 'stereotyping S' threads... It's not that an S cannot relate, or they fail to see the connections from an N. Sensors have the capacity to use intuition and theorize. We all do. It's just that it's more prominent in you, that's why you are type as a dominant N. Besides, the S way of thought and life isn't consistent and concrete among all Sensors. My values and beliefs aren't linear to the status quo. Some of the systems in this world make no sense to me. I have the ability to discuss theories that I have, but that's not what I'm prone to do.

I think the best approach to your situation is to continue to do what you stated in your OP: take in knowledge. Learn to express yourself in a variety of ways to reach the desired result. If you don't, don't blanket blame 80% of society. If you have questions about sensors you are welcome to come over to the SP or SJ forums.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I prefer it that way actually.