User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    School = 5-13th grade

But generally, I mean lower-level school. Not Gymnasium (college/uni prep) or higher education

Interesting. I wonder why some kids need that. Can't really relate. If someone gives me a vague idea of something, I can take it, run with it, and bring back a beautiful, shiny, cool thing. You know?

It took me a while to realize that a lot of people do not like that freedom. They want or even NEED to be told what to do every step of the way.

I wonder why that is. Really. If I could understand the underlying reason, it wouldn't frustrate me as much.
    Im almost the exact opposite, show me a pic of some shiney new thing you want and I will come back with what you asked for, I dont need steps either just need to know what you want the outcome to be.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    School = 5-13th grade

But generally, I mean lower-level school. Not Gymnasium (college/uni prep) or higher education

Interesting. I wonder why some kids need that. Can't really relate. If someone gives me a vague idea of something, I can take it, run with it, and bring back a beautiful, shiny, cool thing. You know?

It took me a while to realize that a lot of people do not like that freedom. They want or even NEED to be told what to do every step of the way.

I wonder why that is. Really. If I could understand the underlying reason, it wouldn't frustrate me as much.
    The times I've wanted clear instructions are either a) It's easier to have somebody point out what I need to do, which is just mental laziness. b) For some individuals, their desire to get things correct first time induce a sense of uncertainty within them on whether they are doing something correct. Emphasis on there is no correct method might be a better approach in this regard, but still there will be students who want methods from authority purely because of pleasing tendancies. [There must be a best/efficient route.]

The times people do like freedom is when they are extremely interested in their own work. For example, think of all the SJs who decide to set up their own business and work for themselves. Alternatively, the SPs that get carried away with their project that they are working on. It's mostly about motivation...

School is kind of tedious for most students hence the horrible attitude that exists within some societies, that people are just getting through college/university so that they can move onto the next stage of life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I’ve since come to understand that I was looking at things the wrong way. I was assuming that everyone thought like me. This was such a fundamental assumption for me that it had never even occurred to me that there was another way to think about love.
    Excellent you see this now. This is where MBTI / personality style discussions really offer value. It is refreshing to gain insight into the generalized uniqueness of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    ...I don`t think it would work out with an S in the long run. I want someone who will understand me like I really am, not just my top layer.
    Don't start me on another rant: love ? preferred "type". I have been married to an ESTJ for 20+ years, and cutting potential mates from your list because of their "type" is short-sighted at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    There's a book dedicated to this called the 5 Love Languages. While it seems true that SJs will prefer acts of services as their top 3. It could be based on a completely off-base stereotype.
    It is a good book though, and it's a good mention in this thread.

And in response to the OP:

I always chewed on the question from a different perspective. Specifically, how come I "adapt" myself to the world but no one "adapts" to me? I often felt like the communication chameleon; I would read the situation, adapt my body language and verbal style to the person or group. It's instantaneous; I do it without even trying, and it used to make me feel a little less defined, like I had less of a unique identity or character than other people.

After all, why do I bend and adapt to them? Why do they not read me and try to emulate me in order to foster relationships between us? Then, in learning about MBTI I had an "aha" moment. A very affirming one.

Now, I see this ability as a huge asset, and I would suggest you look at it the same way. What a wonderful gift you have, that you can see and sense what is required in order to communicate effectively with a variety of types and you can offer that up at a moment's notice! Sure, I hear what you are saying, you feel alone sometimes in that ... space. But you need to realize that rather than a burden it's a life-affirming gift, and if that means you feel the occasional isolation from it, that's a small price to pay, no?

There are, after all, pros and cons to everything.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    No.

As I age, I find that a natural balance seems to be taking place; one that forges intellectual abstraction with fact-based analysis. I'm grateful, therefore, that I encountered the MBTI and directed it as a lens to enhance what I would have formerly considered deliberate puerility - certainly to my loss.
    This on top of some of what the OP wrote as an inner perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Notice the qualifier "really," meaning "not much."
    Yeah this does change the meaning, you're right.
    I wouldn't want to live this way, but I guess it's possible to close the world til a certain point.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Esoteric Wench: First off, can I just give you a hug?
    It sounds to me that the S's you've been involved with don't completely care to try to understand you and maybe lack the knowledge to try. I can say that I LOVE ENFPs! Heck, I enjoy N's quite well. I've found that my closest friends/relationships have been with N's, and they seem to understand me, and I them quite well.

Actually, your story of you and your boyfriend irritated me. It seemed that he just didn't really value what you had to say. I know, personally, I would've enjoyed listening and learning about the history of the house. If that person cares about you, they'll make an attempt to listen and to understand.

And you know what? You don't have to change at all. In fact, I suggest you don't. There are people out there who value people like you. Heck, I'm one
    I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't have any N's out there to play with.

So this is more of an encouragement post than an actual 'knowledgeable' one. Sorry I couldn't better contribute, but I felt that you should know that your appreciated the way you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Are you sick of being an S in an N forum?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Yes but I wouldn't sweat it because I don't treat the forum as seriously as most Ns here seem to be.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Sometimes get bored, but not sick. Its pretty obvious when I have a desire to stick around in a thread, but NTs arnt add anything new and just want to fight for what they think is right. Ive noticed thats its usually INTPs are the ones that I seem to bring in new ideas for me to think about, but they dont seem to keep things up and give up or something.

INTPS make me go hmm.....ENTPs make me derail the thread.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ like now LOL!

C'mere all you ENTP's, I love ya all and give you a giant !
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching