First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

How do Sensors perceive Intuitives?

Is there a similar feeling of there being a misunderstanding or a gap in communication? Does this frustrate you (Sensors) from time to time? I'm assuming it would be frustrating on either end.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm sick of being an NP in an SJ world.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why hand out kudos for noting the obvious
    Why not?

My previous statement speaks for itself but I'll go into a little more depth.

I guarantee if any one reading this post gave the MBTI to their co-workers or family and friends they would find a mixture of S/N co-existing in a single area of expertise or knowledge. To single out an "S world" or an "N world" is inaccurate because we live in neither of these. We live in both.

But I get it. That's the point of the thread. It's lighthearted. But there's a lot of people who read stuff like this and take it too seriously or feel victimized by the "S or N world" and that's just bullshit.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    GONE

Actually, I would be interested to see the test administered in certain jobs/organizations and departments. But, even a professionally administered test doesn't mean results are accurate though, I had the test administered 2x by professionals -once by a counselor in highschool for student government and once in college by a career counselor also for student government. I tested wildly different both times and not ENFP. I think a test at best can tell you how you would *like* to be or how you see yourself.

I do think you will find skews in certain fields. My INTP friend took the MBT test the first day of nursing school (to be RN) and the overwhelming majority of her classmates she said were the same type - ESFJ. She was the lone INTP and there was only 1 other student who got another result.

Of course, it could have been skewed because the students were in 'nursing school' mode and an ESFJ is a pretty good 'template' for an RN.

Just anecdotally...there are a *lot* of INTPs in the computer science/information systems, etc. field.

Not to derail the thread, but jus' saying!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    And now imagine how it is like when you are also unsocial, mostly unemotional, planner togather with all of this. (just a thought)
    N + ITJ !
    It now occurs to me I have so many things to do.

Sometimes I wish I was N so I could be different too.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'd never be sick of being an N. I love being an N. But I do find that the world caters S's more than N's.

On the other hand, that's a positive thing. I wouldn't want to get everything thrown in my lap in my life. A hard earned penny is worth more than a gifted dollar.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I just view being S or N as an insignificant and unremarkable way of categorizing a person and it says very little about you. I personally find out more meaningful information about a person knowing they grew up in Ethiopia and came to America when they were 12 and talking about how their previous life and how they adjusted than them telling me they're an ENFP.

The main thing I think about on a global scale is when I think about being an African-American woman I turn right around and think to myself well at least you're American. And that means a lot. It implies many things about my status that 85% of the world cannot claim. And then I think about my socioeconomic status within America and in reality I'm doing even better. But still if I continue on that vein similar to this thread I could just as easily think I'm sick of being a person of color in a white world. I'm sick of being a woman in a man's world. If I were homosexual I could say the same thing about a heterosexual world, or even religion or being rich, poor, or middle class. This could be political and have more relevance, meaning, and effect more people in a visceral way.
    While I'm sort of meh on the topic, and while I really appreciate your input (because I think you've managed to bump the conversation to a wider perspective), I'm going to have to say that some of us have had life experiences and/or trauma that were definitely related to being an N in an S environment... so you don't really have the right to override or discount that.

Maybe that does not describe your experience, or even the majority of experiences, but for me this general lack of being understood by my family and subculture primarily because I was "N" contributed to a lot of loneliness, alienation, self-doubt, and derailing of my success in life until I finally found other people who understood me and believed in me, because I had pretty literally been "S-bombed" into inferiority and irrelevance. I also credit the loss of support from my family to be primarily a clash of vision -- they've only ever seen what's right in front of their faces and are judging me by their single-minded standard, rather than being able to see a range of possibilities for my choices and exploring them with me. The only N relative I have is the only one I have a real relationship with and the only one who understands me.

It wasn't money. It wasn't race. It wasn't resources. It's partly due to religion, partly politics... but I think how we approach religion and spirituality and politics is influenced heavily by our cognitive preferences, so...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    While I'm sort of meh on the topic, and while I really appreciate your input (because I think you've managed to bump the conversation to a wider perspective), I'm going to have to say that some of us have had life experiences and/or trauma that were definitely related to being an N in an S environment... so you don't really have the right to override or discount that.

Maybe that does not describe your experience, or even the majority of experiences, but for me this general lack of being understood by my family and subculture primarily because I was "N" contributed to a lot of loneliness, alienation, self-doubt, and derailing of my success in life until I finally found other people who understood me and believed in me, because I had pretty literally been "S-bombed" into inferiority and irrelevance. I also credit the loss of support from my family to be primarily a clash of vision -- they've only ever seen what's right in front of their faces and are judging me by their single-minded standard, rather than being able to see a range of possibilities for my choices and exploring them with me. The only N relative I have is the only one I have a real relationship with and the only one who understands me.

It wasn't money. It wasn't race. It wasn't resources. It's partly due to religion, partly politics... but I think how we approach religion and spirituality and politics is influenced heavily by our cognitive preferences, so...
    This can be applied to anything that is perceived as 'deviant'. The main problem appears to be more a fear of unknown or alternatively blatant disrespect for other approaches. Introverts complain about being in an extraverted world and so fourth, the pressure and destruction of self-esteem created from expectations of needing to be social and so fourth. A current example of this would be the battle between athiesm and theism within the UK where we are shifting more towards the former, and just labelling all theists as crazy individuals without further exploration/acceptance of possabilities.

Even within sensing communities, there will be clashes due to the amount of differences that form an individuals (Not talking only about ESTP vs ISFJ). I'm just pointing out that the N-S divide is potentially being exaggerated by the fact that people aren't willing to cross the divide, rather than it not being possible to cross it. The same applies to many other differences in society.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm sick of being an NP in an SJ world.
    Im sick of people assuming I hit tertiary Fi just because I am a man.

I dont get the title in regard to this being an S world(More like a TJ world, with a FP underground).

The NPs I know are actually very capable people in an S world in regard to doing things. They actually read instructions and follow them and miraculously they work(as long as the instructions are correct and the pieces are all their).
    Im out, its been fun