• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How do your "DOC"s affect your functions

username666

By that I mean drugs of choice.. How do you think they alternate the dynamics of your functions? Do some drugs help you tap into other functions?

For example, when I smoke weed I have the patience to let my secondary Ni just do a lot of perceiving but never come to any conclusions; I just basically introspect and think and entertain all sides to a given idea, because its fun.

With MDMA (or any types of speedy drugs i.e ritalin, caffeine) I find my tertiary Se is much more pronounced, and then my decisions are all based on it. So it works like Se feeding the info to Fe and then I make an impulsive and usually hedonistic type of behavior. This is mostly always fun if there are no major consequences the following day :blush:

With alcohol, for some odd reason, I get this magic disposal of Ne- like thinking. I never use this funtion much and when I do its generally depressing because it can turn me into quite the cynic. Its a funny feeling and i have to drink a lot to feel it take over me.

So there are just a few examples from me. Be kind to share your opinions

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
weed kinda evens out the mental power to all functions so that i can even use my weakest functions easily. also it kinda separates the functions so that they dont work together as good as normally, hallucinogens generally do this, but cannabis is really mild hallucinogen so it doesent do this much

alcohol simply makes brains not work, same thing on benzodiazepines

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
My functions stay the same I think. I just tend to be a little more talkative and slightly more insightful when I'm high. It's terrible when the high you seems more charismatic than the sober you.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
By that I mean drugs of choice.. How do you think they alternate the dynamics of your functions? Do some drugs help you tap into other functions?

Weed causes me to have out of body eperiences, paranioa, incredible panic and anxiety attacks, and general fear of losing my sanity and/or life. The first time I tried it, I spent the first hour blacking out and having deja vu. Then I spent the next three hours convinced I was in a coma and everyone around me was a figment of my imagination and death was a moment away. The second wasn't much different, and there hasn't been a third! Care to venture a guess on the impact of it on my cognitve functions? :D

Speed-like drugs really bring out my Ti/Te and tend to numb my Se and Fe.

Alcohol just sort of meshes me all together and takes the edge off of my Fe and makes me less Ti than I already am!

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Weed causes me to have out of body eperiences, paranioa, incredible panic and anxiety attacks, and general fear of losing my sanity and/or life. The first time I tried it, I spent the first hour blacking out and having deja vu. Then I spent the next three hours convinced I was in a coma and everyone around me was a figment of my imagination and death was a moment away. The second wasn't much different, and there hasn't been a third! Care to venture a guess on the impact of it on my cognitve functions? :D

Speed-like drugs really bring out my Ti/Te and tend to numb my Se and Fe.

Alcohol just sort of meshes me all together and takes the edge off of my Fe and makes me less Ti than I already am!

You must've have some good shit. I wish I were that high my first time... Now I'm green with envy!:D