• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Series #3: Intellect. Logistics, Tactics, Diplomacy, and Strategy,and ugly ducklings

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay so with the strong suit in tactics (the intellect is a keirsey thing as I'm positive you all would know already, I just want to cover my bases.) He always heads it with interest practice and skill. I've found that my skill in this area is an anomally. But it's really no surprise it was the only way I could get anything I desired or stick up for myself in any way.

Anyone else like this?

ANy other thoughts or impressions? I am as ever eager for any of your thoughts!

Gretch

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
My tactical intelligence is nil. I have had no encouragement to develop it either. Although this belongs more properly in your other post about family, I want to mention that like your brother, I am an INFJ who tried to make herself over into an image of her (ISTJ) father, so I have developed an outlook very similar to the Guardians that has been warring with my natural Idealism these last few years since I went to college. Unlike the other two NFs in my family, I am preoccupied with providing and being responsible for others, definitely have a stoical component in my orientation, and strongly value authority, security, and belonging.

As I have been trying to find myself and define myself in the last year, these things have been falling away and I have been discovering my Idealist self buried under all this. Hurrah! Thank God for putting the MBTI into my life.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I used to play paintball and learned very quickly that I had absolutely no talent for the game. It's an activity that is 80% tactics and 20% strategy. I just don't have any skill at running around in the brush trying to outmaneuver my opponents. Even when I was team leader and devised strategy I was usually overwhelmed.

However, where I do have some ability is in diplomacy. You know that game Monopoly where most people spend countless hours trying to attain victory? I usually win it in about 2 hours. I can do so because of the property trading rule that allows you to trade or auction off your properties to your opponents. To be honest, since I learned the game I don't think I have ever lost. :D

Off topic, I believe Texas Hold'em is the ultimate game of champions! It's 33% tactics, 33% strategy, and 33% diplomacy. You win by chance and capitalizing on your opponent's weaknesses.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
What exactly do you mean when talking about tactics?

I don't have any of the things you mention in the thread title, not in great amounts, anyway, but to some degree I do I suppose. Well, I have intellect, just not the logical, tactiful, diplomatic, or strategic kind :hi:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well for myself I love tactics. I always used to play a lot of tactic games like Age of Empires for computers for many, many years. I LOVE chess, checkers and many other board games. I love to read history books (mostly military ones ranging from ancient times to modern warefare) and I analyze why certain tactics worked, failed or how a general could have done things better, including weapons, machinery, training and positions. I am a baseball and huge football fanatic, I have dissected team's schemes, strategies, formations, play types, players (strenghts and weaknesess), coaching decisions, personel use and adjustments. I find myself reading into situations and easlly coordinating and directing a lot of things at the sametime. I LOVE tactics and strategies, they absolutly fasinate me on just about every level. You can say I dissect tactics.:smile: