User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 69

  1. #51
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    Okay, this is changing the topic just a little, but it suddenly occurred to me to ask this question: have any other NFJs besides me ever been called "overdramatic"? That's one failing that some of my friends say I have, and I think it may very well be due to this 10-foot-flame thing. I'm thinking we may appear overdramatic to others who don't quite get our constant intensity and passion -- especially when it comes to the seemingly mundane or ordinary things.

    Does that make any sense, or am I just rambling?
    Makes sense... I've called myself "overly dramatic" a couple of times as a joke. ENFJs with supposedly dominant Fe in theory can be considered that by some T types. Although I usually find the extroverted SJs more into emotional drama. =/

  2. #52
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Just so everyone knows -- this isn't strictly about an anger response. It's the whole sensation. I frequently get this fired up and combustive when encountering someone who hits all the right spots in my brain. It can be positive too. What I'd like to focus on is the authentic intensity of NFJs (if you relate to this or if you don't) and to the primal responses we seem to have to things/stimulus/situations.
    OH THAT. That feeling as if your very soul is about to either wrench it's way out of your chest or implode on itself causing a black hole?

    Okay, maybe that's the extreme version of it. But yes. I get that a lot. It expresses itself physically for me most of the time. I used to get teased all the time when I was little because I'd get so excited I'd start just.. wiggling my arms up and down. The teachers used to tell me I was gonna figure out how to fly away. XD Now, I usually just run around for a few moments in random bursts of excitement. ...My cat actually learned to mimic this. I used to laugh and call him a moron when friends would be over and randomly he'd burst across the room and up and down the steps. Then I realized where he got it from. And yeah.. it can be anything from a touching moment on a show that hit, as you said, "all the right spots" to searing emotional pain to happiness, to talking to people, to almost an ethereal deja vu type surge.

    I can't say I've ever been called overdramatic. While I have these reactions, I mostly keep them to myself. I've been raised around people who were either discouraging or indifferent, so I never really feel the need to express what I'm really feeling unless I deem it necessary, if it's even a situation where I'm able to in the first place. Maybe that's why it's sublimated into physical response.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  3. #53
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post

    Okay, this is changing the topic just a little, but it suddenly occurred to me to ask this question: have any other NFJs besides me ever been called "overdramatic"? That's one failing that some of my friends say I have, and I think it may very well be due to this 10-foot-flame thing. I'm thinking we may appear overdramatic to others who don't quite get our constant intensity and passion -- especially when it comes to the seemingly mundane or ordinary things.

    Does that make any sense, or am I just rambling?
    I relate to this all the way down to a cellular level. I've been called "fireball" repeatedly through-out my life and treated like one because when I feel an emotion of catastrophic proportion coming on me, I HAVE to get it out. NOW. My nature is to catalyze and I have to do it for myself as well. I usually only have problems when the overwhelming emotion is bad.

    For example, if I see on the news that some child has been raped or murdered, or some old person has been beaten to death, I have to get away from it. If I can't get away, it jams into me. I liken my non-negotiable emotional reception to being a dog in a cage with a person jabbing you with a stick. You can't bite them, you can't run away. You're stuck in it and you have to shudder through the tidal wave until it passes. I experience the suffering of the violated person as if it were happening to me, and I just can't stand it sometimes (literally, I can physically crumble under the barrage). I haven't found a way to turn off the empathy or tone it down. I simply have to avoid triggers until I can find a better way of managing it.

    When people call me "dramatic" it makes me feel even more marginalized and dismissed as an attention hound. If I wanted to get attention, I'd buy a push-up bra because I sure as heaven wouldn't chose THIS. It's a nightmare.


    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    OH THAT. That feeling as if your very soul is about to either wrench it's way out of your chest or implode on itself causing a black hole?
    YES. That's the one. I wonder if the Es have more trouble with being called dramatic than the Is who can at least attempt to contain it.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #54
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I relate to this all the way down to a cellular level. I've been called "fireball" repeatedly through-out my life and treated like one because when I feel an emotion of catastrophic proportion coming on me, I HAVE to get it out. NOW. My nature is to catalyze and I have to do it for myself as well. I usually only have problems when the overwhelming emotion is bad.

    For example, if I see on the news that some child has been raped or murdered, or some old person has been beaten to death, I have to get away from it. If I can't get away, it jams into me. I liken my non-negotiable emotional reception to being a dog in a cage with a person jabbing you with a stick. You can't bite them, you can't run away. You're stuck in it and you have to shudder through the tidal wave until it passes. I experience the suffering of the violated person as if it were happening to me, and I just can't stand it sometimes (literally, I can physically crumble under the barrage). I haven't found a way to turn off the empathy or tone it down. I simply have to avoid triggers until I can find a better way of managing it.

    When people call me "dramatic" it makes me feel even more marginalized and dismissed as an attention hound. If I wanted to get attention, I'd buy a push-up bra because I sure as heaven wouldn't chose THIS. It's a nightmare.



    YES. That's the one. I wonder if the Es have more trouble with being called dramatic than the Is who can at least attempt to contain it.
    I wonder if all this is why an ENFJ girl I used to know called me cold: because I didn't externalize the way she was expecting...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #55
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I've never met a "cold" INFP before, so I can't be sure. You guys *do* seem to be able to contain yourselves though.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #56
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've never met a "cold" INFP before, so I can't be sure. You guys *do* seem to be able to contain yourselves though.
    Could that have been a maturity issue then? Or maybe an attempted excuse to feel better about getting rid of me?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #57
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I think calling anyone "cold" is harsh. It can only take one of two directions: 1) it's how she felt about you/why she felt she couldn't stay in the relationship (without the intention of continuing the relationship from what it sounds like) or 2) a maturity problem.

    I've told a boyfriend he was cold, but he really was and I didn't drop it on his head like a bomb or treat it like is a mortal character flaw. I just couldn't handle his always being so stony and frigid with me (and I'm REALLY not the cuddly type, so DudeMan was pretty frozen...)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #58
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I think calling anyone "cold" is harsh. It can only take one of two directions: 1) it's how she felt about you/why she felt she couldn't stay in the relationship (without the intention of continuing the relationship from what it sounds like) or 2) a maturity problem.

    I've told a boyfriend he was cold, but he really was and I didn't drop it on his head like a bomb or treat it like is a mortal character flaw. I just couldn't handle his always being so stony and frigid with me (and I'm REALLY not the cuddly type, so DudeMan was pretty frozen...)
    No, she said it to her friend; I just got no communicado till after she moved cross country with her parents. Even then, it was her friend that told me - not her.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #59
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    WHOA. Inexcusable!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #60
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    WHOA. Inexcusable!
    Likely just hurt her less if I was just another in a string of bad guys she's been with, I guess.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Temperament Test - Answer These Questions
    By highlander in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 05:33 PM
  2. [NF] Question for NFs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
  3. Question to my fellow INTP emmigres
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO