User Tag List

First 678

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What stereotypes are we even talking about here?
    Udog, all I meant is that in my experience INFP and INFJ heterosexual males have a somewhat hard time fitting into a culture that teaches men to be as un-INFP and un-INFJ as possible. ENFP and ENFJ men face this a bit, too. But my experience has been that it's far worse for INFx men. (Jump in here NF guys.)

For example, a few of my inner circle girlfriends and I have come to use the phrase "big ole' woman" in reference to the the male NFs we hold dear. It is well understood by us (all F and mostly NF females) that this is a somewhat affectionate, somewhat teasing, but not all together inaccurate description of the NF men in our life.

All teasing and bantering aside, I love the NF men in my life. And, I have a special natural kinship with INFJ men especially. It's sort of like find a gay guy who likes to have sex with chicks. (OK I'm going to stop now. <--- Me bad, bad, bad ENFP for writing that. But it did make me belly laugh so it was worth the heavenly demerits.) Poor INFx guys. They were born in the wrong century. I think they would have fit in quite well in the 19th Century.
    Last edited by Esoteric Wench; 02-14-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: For being an insensitive git. I don't want to minimize the difficulty of working through such obstacles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    You're just stirring the pot so you can sit back and watch the show.
    If you believe that about this post, then I believe you're not sensing the underlying motivations. There's a lot of pain behind it. And a dose of anger mixed with confusion.

For example, a few of my inner circle girlfriends and I have come to use the phrase "big ole' woman" in reference to the the male NFs we hold dear. ....... It's sort of like find a gay guy who likes to have sex with chicks.
    Ouch, girl - I'm speechless. You're new here but wasting no time making your opinions known. Let me share your own method of concluding type back 'atcha.

Are you sure you're an ENFP? 'Cause this smacks of a certain insensitivity uncharacteristic of the type ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    If you believe that about this post, then I believe you're not sensing the underlying motivations. There's a lot of pain behind it. And a dose of anger mixed with confusion.

Ouch, girl - I'm speechless. You're new here but wasting no time making your opinions known. Let me share your own method of concluding type back 'atcha. Are you sure you're an ENFP? 'Cause this smacks of a certain insensitivity uncharacteristic of the type ...
    #1 - PeaceBaby, I did consider this after my original response. Pain. I think it'd be easy to have pain on this subject if I were an NF male.

#2 - Awwwww. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody's feelings. I've found that when I've gently broached this subject with the NF males I know, they are tremendously relieved to discuss it out in the open. Often for the first time.

I do see your point about how it might seem insensitive if you don't have a full context or if you don't know me personally. I try to never be inconsiderate of other people's feelings. So I'm going to edit my post a bit to make this clearer.

That being said, I think it's important to be able to laugh at yourself. It helps break through the pain. I've dated an INFP and an INFJ. And I adore them. They are some of the coolest, most thoughtful, most sensitive, most kind people I know. If I thought it fit the subject of this thread, I'd go on about the litany of self-deprecating ENFP remarks I throw about.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Udog, all I meant is that in my experience INFP and INFJ heterosexual males have a somewhat hard time fitting into a culture that teaches men to be as un-INFP and un-INFJ as possible. ENFP and ENFJ men face this a bit, too. But my experience has been that it's far worse for INFx men. (Jump in here NF guys.)
    Definitely agree with the first part.

ENF men have it a bit easier because they tend to have a great deal of natural charm. They also have a tendency to be more overtly emotional than the INF males, which can be an issue in itself, as males can only safely engage in extreme cheerfulness (Life of the party!!) or anger without being in danger of losing their Man Card.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I do see your point about how it might seem insensitive if you don't have a full context or if you don't know me personally. I try to never be inconsiderate of other people's feelings. So I'm going to edit my post a bit to make this clearer.

That being said, I think it's important to be able to laugh at yourself.
    @bold; agreed.

And sending you a big for considering my words.

Aww, c'mon over here and have another ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching