• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, what is your self-image?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How do you see yourself, in this world, as an idealist?

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
i am wonderful! i am a beautiful person! i am friendly. i am unique. i am da best. tee hee hee

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
a cog in the machine, man.

one that doesn't work much, though.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wired all wrong for others, but all right for my own purposes.
Useful on a small scale.
I'll elaborate more when this takes off.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A 'self-help' book... with lots of ideas... hidden behind a magazine... that has much more socially accepted ideas. :cry:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At the core I see myself as being defined by my intentions since it is the only thing I have control over.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
The outside appears to be shallow and happy go lucky, while the inside is deep and passionate. Someone who tries to understand all angels of a story and fails to understand why others don't try to do the same. One who is both loved dearly and also alone. Someone who stands alone against all odds, but also has many who would back him up.

Its hard to explain, but I know I am a great person to be around, there are many people who deeply care for me, and there are also plenty of people who wish they could be where I am at life right now. The thing is, sometimes I can get discouraged and forget what I have and wish for what I don't have. It's funny, don't we all wish for things we don't have?

It isn't easy being an NF. In fact, I'm willing to bet it is harder to be an NF then it is to be an NT, SJ, and SP. We are sensitive, passionate, and general care for others. Being an NF means you are like a light for the world, but your light can be drained. This light is also something people take for granted and ignore. We need time alone to recharge or we will loose our light and can't be there for anybody. Because there are less of us than others, the majority of people can have a difficult time understanding us.

Being an NF man makes things even more complicated because there are so few of us. I'm a contradiction of the typical manly man persona. This can be hard at times, but it also encourages me greatly because I'm not afraid to show the world who I really am and not follow the typical man stereotype.

I am proud to be an NF. It is a breath of fresh air to have others show kindness to you when you show kindness to them. It is especially refreshing to receive great love from people who felt like there isn't many good people in this world. Of course being a good person isn't necessarily an NF trait, but I'm just saying these things to encourage others who go out of their way to help others.

This is how I see myself in this world as an idealist.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I sort of see myself as a paradox, I guess. One that never really makes as much sense to others, as I do to myself.

Tycho

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
As someone who strives to make himself happy trough self-actualisation; first in the inner world of ideas, to form a vision that doesn't compromise on my feelings, my thoughts, my conscience, my hapiness; ultimately, I want to integrate this vision in my social role. Until then, I don't make sense to anyone.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A catalyst. I'm pretty good at getting things going for other people but I hardly ever do it for myself.

A spectator. Sometimes I'm completely content just watching the world go by. I watch so much and do so little that I'm pretty sure nobody even notices I'm there.

A repository of unexecuted ideas. I have some things in my head I'm pretty excited about. Too bad nobody else will see them for a good long time, if ever.

I'm going to change this.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm awesome and I'm still working on my awesomeness. I'm planning to become one of the most awesome people on the planet. I mean, not every awesome person was born that way, right? I don't really mind not being liked. A lot of people don't like me right now, but that's their fault. They made me this way and one day, when I finally turned as awesome as I always wanted to be, I'll just kick their asses. That's quite a lot of people. I already have 36 people written down in my little black book, so that's 36 asses I still have to kick. I could have done it a while ago, but when it comes to vengeance and stuff, I'm pretty much of a perfectionist. Getting even isn't just an eye for an eye, it's an art. Art should never be treated without respect.

I don't really think I have a real place in this world. Or at least, not an average place. I'd rather see myself as a stupid spoiled whore, which I definately am. You see, when I was little, my mother was always working, my father was always one (god knows what he did) and I was always alone. No one ever had control over me, so I could always do whatever I wanted. I'm not used to rules and when I'm confronted with rules, I don't know what the hell I should do with them. Meanwhile my father always tries to make me believe that I was raised with love... yeah right. So, growing up in this family, my father always gave me the right example: never do anything and pretend that you are doing lots of stuff. Chores are made for slaves, like my mother and people from Poland. This had as a result that in the end, I turned out to be a working class Paris Hilton.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
I'm awesome and I'm still working on my awesomeness. I'm planning to become one of the most awesome people on the planet. I mean, not every awesome person was born that way, right? I don't really mind not being liked. A lot of people don't like me right now, but that's their fault. They made me this way and one day, when I finally turned as awesome as I always wanted to be, I'll just kick their asses. That's quite a lot of people. I already have 36 people written down in my little black book, so that's 36 asses I still have to kick. I could have done it a while ago, but when it comes to vengeance and stuff, I'm pretty much of a perfectionist. Getting even isn't just an eye for an eye, it's an art. Art should never be treated without respect.

I don't really think I have a real place in this world. Or at least, not an average place. I'd rather see myself as a stupid spoiled whore, which I definately am. You see, when I was little, my mother was always working, my father was always one (god knows what he did) and I was always alone. No one ever had control over me, so I could always do whatever I wanted. I'm not used to rules and when I'm confronted with rules, I don't know what the hell I should do with them. Meanwhile my father always tries to make me believe that I was raised with love... yeah right. So, growing up in this family, my father always gave me the right example: never do anything and pretend that you are doing lots of stuff. Chores are made for slaves, like my mother and people from Poland. This had as a result that in the end, I turned out to be a working class Paris Hilton.

Translation: I'm hopelessly in love with myself, but this isn't a bad thing because I have a sense of humour too.

Your post seems like a good way to make an indirect self-portrait.

P

Phantonym

instead of adjectives, let us use nouns.

Air, art, bank, base, beauty, bit, care, cause, chance, change, character, class, current, cut, dance, dream, ease, edge, effect, element, end...and many more...

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm an enzyme. The devi's advocate. Healer of souls. Martyr. Builder of my own walls and destroyer of other's. Organizer. Advisor. Glue. Peacemaker. Troublemaker. Energy source. Mirror.

How cathartic!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a lap cat with sharp claws. Defender of the weak. Resident artist and loudmouth. Words are my paintbrush.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of the time i feel like a warrior whose battle is so far away i can do little to help, it's all happening and i can't reach it. I need to do more-more everything...reading, studying, helping, travelling, doing...but i'm sitting in front of my pc feeling shit that i only gave 50 quid to camkids when i should be out there actively involved. There are so many needy peoples, i cry when i think of the congolese women afriad in their huts of the rebels coming back again.
I also feel i am an inspirer, i know i have inspired. What i do i tend to do ethically, equally. I know if everyone was like this the world would be a better place yet i feel i don't do enough.

Nouns

Spark (bright), green, damage, create, light, dark, soul, wit, fun (although do not refer to above for proof), striver, rock, fire......

Fin.