• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you dislike about NFs?

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you dislike about other NFs? Is there any personality trait in yourself that you dislike? Anything you wish were slightly different, or you would change a bit here and there?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First of all, I hate it when my little pink panties cut off circulation to my girl parts. They look terrifically cute, and I can't seem to stop wearing them, but when my thighs start to turn blue, that's where I draw the line. I can stop wearing them any time I want! I mean it!

Moodiness, and the complete inability to NOT internalize the pain of everyone around me. I hate it.

sculpting

I am totally with Domino on this one.

My personality is okay. It's mostly my butt I dont like. It's kind of flat, with lumpy running muscles, so I cant keep those funny panties with the wide lacy straps quite in the right place. I mean the thongs are better but where exactly do those end up? It's some sort of mystery of science honestly. The boy undies look cute, but arent quite right for running. All that's left is bikinis...

I'm sorry, my mom told me not to talk to entps anymore. Thanks!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My personality is okay. It's mostly my butt I dont like. It's kind of flat, with lumpy running muscles, so I cant keep those funny panties with the wide lacy straps quite in the right place. I mean the thongs are better but where exactly do those end up? It's some sort of mystery of science honestly. The boy undies look cute, but arent quite right for running. All that's left is bikinis...

I'm sorry, my mom told me not to talk to entps anymore. Thanks!

Both ENTPs and panties like to wander around your nether-regions. Your mama was right.

I have a pair of Brazilians. They're three strings plus a wee triangle of fabric to taunt at modesty. I look at them, feel daring, then put them back in the drawer, fully satisfied. While storage is important, ENTPs should never be put in your underwear drawer. They use the lacy socks for all the wrong reasons.

sculpting

Both ENTPs and panties like to wander around your nether-regions. Your mama was right.

I have a pair of Brazilians. They're three strings plus a wee triangle of fabric to taunt at modesty. I look at them, feel daring, then put them back in the drawer, fully satisfied. While storage is important, ENTPs should never be put in your underwear drawer. They use the lacy socks for all the wrong reasons.

Duuude, I thought a brazilian was just a reference to waxing.... Myself and your underwear are highly incompatible... You should see what ENTPs do with children's inflatable water wings....

My favorite way to store ENTPs is in those cool bags you see on infomercials. I put them inside one and then use the little vacuum to suck out all the air. They pack much more tightly that way. Efficiency and tidiness is everything, you know.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A reason for Super to dislike NFs: Collective sarcasm. lol

A reason I harbor: being able to rationalize every action brought on by their feelings, no matter how bad the action was.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP

you could just go commando

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, but the chafing. The chafing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't like it when NFs have no sense of humor and refuse to watch horror movies.

G

garbage

Today, I couldn't get the words out to tell the patrons at the soup kitchen that we couldn't offer them seconds--someone else had to step in and do it :doh:

I can be upfront and direct, but usually only when the person I'm talking to absolutely needs it or, in some cases, completely deserves it. And I tend to feel completely out of character when I do it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to think of an NF I've known IRL that I really disliked. Even the ones I ended up disliking I often like enough to get to know to a point :cheese:.

I can think of one INFP I disliked, who was too passive, self-absorbed, and elitist. Two ENFPs who lie for attention. One ENFJ who gives off that creepy cult leader vibe & who has a massive ego. One INFJ who has displays the personality of a rock unless he's known you for 10+ years.

I can see myself in varying degrees of all of those traits too, except the lying.

In general, NFs can be too diplomatic to the point where you don't even know where they stand on something, can have elitist attitudes, are occasionally self-righteous, can be so insightful with other people and yet have a big blind spot on what to do in their own life, romanticize depression & flaws, won't act until something is "ideal", latch onto impractical ideas, etc.....but honestly, those flaws don't bug me as much as general flaws in other types...maybe because I "understand" them more.

Things I dislike about myself in particular is being moody/grouchy, always needing to be authentic & fighting the tide (I'm working on just.letting.it.go), being too sensitive/defensive, very critical & easily disappointed, being such a weirdo, etc. Most things I dislike about myself are related more to shyness though, not NFness. I kind of love the flipside of my "NF flaws", as negative tends to be the other side of the positives.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Self-righteousness, and dramatizing things. It can also be difficult to forgive others, but mostly myself.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hrm let's see...

a fellow INFP: got me into mbti actually. For the most part he's ok but there was always some underlying frustration because he's a bit of egotistical douchebag. I know other INFPs who aren't like this though. He goes to a prestigious college and loves to belittle people he obviously considers under him regarding merit and petty mistakes.

ENFP: good guy, smart, a lot in common, never fight or anything. But he tends to be flakey and easily influenced by those he is with at the time. Also, never shuts up about what's going on with his job on the phone. Talking on the phone with him requires ultimate breath control or else you never get a damn word in. Sometimes I'll put the phone down and go somewhere else and he's still talking about the same thing when I come back.

INFJ: Known since birth through parents. So I know him. Don't have a whole lot in common anymore, he's cool but never really appears to be interested in talking about anything worth saying for long. Recently he's adapted some sort of fabricated facade to appear tough and in control. Whateva

edit: these are too specific but I don't feel like erasing them

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
We are undeniably self-righteous, and even self-righteous about the fact that we can admit our self-righteousness ;)

But this is a direct result of NF idealism. Idealism creates a blind spot and makes it harder for us to distinguish between what we actually are and what we would like to be.

Rule of thumb: Never try to learn about an NF woman from looking at the things that she loves (like her favorite quotes etc.) They're all just placeholders for her ideals and often indicate little (if anything) about what the woman actually is like.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rule of thumb: Never try to learn about an NF woman from looking at the things that she loves (like her favorite quotes etc.) They're all just placeholders for her ideals and often indicate little (if anything) about what the woman actually is like.

:1377:

"What really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films - these things matter." - High Fidelity

:tongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess what I dislike about our species is the fact that we get stuck in :sorry: and :hug: it's ok- loops that never seem to end :D

Other than that, sometimes we're too serious and too high up on that horse. Some causes are definitely worth it, but it doesn't exactly...rub people the right way and tends to be counterproductive. Also has to do with, once we invest so much energy and passion, it's kinda hard to go..oh, hang on, maybe i should tone it down a notch..looks kinda weird :D

Still, being calm and understanding tends to get more done. But eh..fuck it, it can be such a drag and so restraining. It's tempting to be fueled with passion and resolve. Makes you feel strong, alive...intoxicating that ;)

Then there's our defensiveness. It stems from feeling misunderstood and wrongly judged but it doesn't serve us either. Just tends to escalate stuff. And it can be such an energy drain and drama.

The need to baby others...I just wanna pummel someone who does that with me. I'm not a 5 year old! :steam: :blush: :D

To be continued..

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We are undeniably self-righteous, and even self-righteous about the fact that we can admit our self-righteousness ;)

But this is a direct result of NF idealism. Idealism creates a blind spot and makes it harder for us to distinguish between what we actually are and what we would like to be.

Shhh, stop giving away NF-secrets already :steam:

:yes: to all of the above, unfortunately *sigh*

That need to be perfect is...urgh :blush:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could say the same about NFs like I said about NTs. I wouldn't dislike NFs yet I would dislike certain characteristics of people that would encourage the stereotype in a psychometric profile. For example: Emotionally insecure NFs that continuously look for emotional satisfaction and attention from other people.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
There's very little to really dislike about NF's specifically. I find I clash with ENFJ's a lot because of not respecting boundaries (even worse than EXTJ's, but better than ESFJ's) but that's about it, and I generally respect the ENFJ's I know despite that constant tension.

The only other thing I can think of is that it makes me cringe when INFP's get snarky online and try sarcasm or "cutting" remarks that supposedly "see through" the other person. it seems to happen quite often but I'm always just reading it thinking "this really isn't your forte, you just come across defensive, give it up". Apart from that though, I like 'em.