Thread: Languages

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Default Languages

Sorry if there's already a thread like this, but are any of you interested in learning different languages? Or are you taking/already know another one? How well do you do learning such things?

I'm currently taking French on Rosetta Stone and I LOVE it. I especially love how there aren't any direct translations, you have to naturally figure it out yourself. It's awsome, and I'm really catching on.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm going to be doing that with Japanese once my youngest brother has moved in. I'm actually hoping I can get both my brothers into it as well so we can practice together when at home.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kastor View Post
    Sorry if there's already a thread like this, but are any of you interested in learning different languages? Or are you taking/already know another one? How well do you do learning such things?

I'm currently taking French on Rosetta Stone and I LOVE it. I especially love how there aren't any direct translations, you have to naturally figure it out yourself. It's awsome, and I'm really catching on.
    Yes, I am passionate about languages. Alas, I do not have the time or energy to invest as much as I'd like.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Now I'd like to learn an agglutinative language, such as turkish, ugro-finnic languages, or inuit language. Although I need to find time to do so.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'm going to be doing that with Japanese once my youngest brother has moved in. I'm actually hoping I can get both my brothers into it as well so we can practice together when at home.
    I'd LOVE to get the Japanese edition, but alas, this us for school :/

I do have the DS game for learning Japanese, which I'm sure can't beat RS, but it's still helpful :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Sniffles

Yes Im interested in learning many languages: particularly Slavic languages along with French, Latin, Greek, and possibly Chinese as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Actually too lazy to learn another on my own, therefore my interest is not big enough. If I would really want to, I would learn Norwegian or Russian I guess first.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I speak a couple of languages and always studying more. I find I learn them easily once I learn all the rules. The vocabulary is the hardest part because I often forget words if I don't use them often, and I also mix up languages more and more the older I get.

MBTI
    INTP

I speak German and Flemish in addition to English ... and a tiny bit of Spanish. I scored really high on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery when I was in the military ... but that hasn't translated into any magical ability to acquire languages for me. Perhaps I'm just lazy. I would like to become more proficient in Spanish. That would be very useful to me where I live.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

My grandmother is an ESFJ Puerto Rican. She's been trying to "teach" me Spanish most of my life, but I'm an emmersion learner; if I can be around people speaking it, I will never pick it up.

My biggest desire is to learn Spanish, German, French, and Gaelic. Maybe some Latin, and Ancient Greek would be nice too if I had the time.
    Love is the point.