• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Languages

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I'm currently taking French on Rosetta Stone and I LOVE it.
le poisson nage

i have the same. i keep on forgetting to play it.

i'm fluent in two and speak a broken third and stumble through a fourth.
i'm terrible at learning languages.

stellachiara

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I speak Italian and French. I've started to learn German a couple times but I keep giving it up -- I think I just don't want to learn it bad enough :) In theory I'd like to learn other languages, but in reality I'll probably just keep working on the ones I already have and try to get as proficient as I can in them.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I think my english is pretty good - well, you can judge for yourselves. (Not really sure whether I want to know what people think) ;) When speaking, I think it's close to fluent, and my vocabulary is pretty good.
I once spoke french well enough to be admitted to a french university, and german well enough to be taken for being from Rheinland-Pfalz when I was in Kiel. (Whatever that means; I never learned german well enough to be able to separate between all the different accents, although I could hear the difference between austrian-german and german-german.) Languages come easy to me, but I don't practice forreign languages at all for the time being, apart from english. My first language is norwegian, btw :smile:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i looove languages. so many and so little time. i'm nearly fluent in french and decent at spanish, and currently am especially intrigued by middle eastern languages with other alphabets - arabic, hebrew. i've taught myself some of them, a little japanese. i also want to learn the languages of my family roots.

Now I'd like to learn an agglutinative language, such as turkish, ugro-finnic languages, or inuit language. Although I need to find time to do so.

good luck, they're tricky. :yes:

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me too, i love languages. Ironic since I am such an introvert. But then, learning another person's language and being able to say a few words in that person's language is a universal ice-breaker is it not?