• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's overdramatize life events?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
To extract meaning (Fi+Ne)
And to create principles (Te)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I typically only do it when in the heat of frustration or intentionally trying to be silly...

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes things feel more epic than they are in reality XD

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To extract meaning (Fi+Ne)
And to create principles (Te)

Agreed, but I'd say my principles are internally based (Fi).

I am not a "dramatic" person in that I don't often express feeling in a passionate way unless prodded or with someone I trust implicitly. I will feel emotions strongly, and there may be a larger internal response than the situation itself warrants, but situations are often symbolic for something that is significant. In which case, my emotions serve as a good compass in analyzing my own feelings and creating ideals. Problems occur when you react on such emotion before sorting out what it means - but I think that's less of a problem for introverts than extroverts.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, I actually downplay things a lot.

I guess I am dramatic at times, but nobody else know about it because I keep it in. Expressing it is too much work...and most of the time, I know how irrational it is, so I just wait until it blows over. Well, and most of the "dramatic" things in my life have to do with my anxieties, I suppose.

I usually get really annoyed with people who are outwardly dramatic. Control yo-selves! ;)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am certainly no drama queen but I do admit I often hope and pray something exciting and crazy will happen at any one moment. This also means I am constantly imagining (mostly to myself) that ordinary events are actually the begining of something really extraordinary/profound/shocking/significant because I want them to be. For this reason, going fishing with me can be trying for others... :blush:

I am totally aware of my doing this but I'm certainly not delusional or inclined to externally manufacture drama by messing with people etc, nor am I naturally a hysterical person. I guess I'm kinda fascinated with that moment, just before something dramatic happens. Everything is going along as per usual, then suddenly, out of the blue your world is tipped upside down; that instantaneous transition that could change your life and make you wonder how things were ever normal.

I can't speak for other INFPs, though. Maybe I'm just bored with my life... :D

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Hmmm....not so much as how ESFPs do it. LOL!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All Fs in pain overdramatize life events :D

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am certainly no drama queen but I do admit I often hope and pray something exciting and crazy will happen at any one moment. This also means I am constantly imagining (mostly to myself) that ordinary events are actually the begining of something really extraordinary/profound/shocking/significant because I want them to be. For this reason, going fishing with me can be trying for others... :blush:

I am totally aware of my doing this but I'm certainly not delusional or inclined to externally manufacture drama by messing with people etc, nor am I naturally a hysterical person. I guess I'm kinda fascinated with that moment, just before something dramatic happens. Everything is going along as per usual, then suddenly, out of the blue your world is tipped upside down; that instantaneous transition that could change your life and make you wonder how things were ever normal.

Haha, no, I'm definitely like this too. I sometimes think to myself, "Maybe something will happen today that will change my life." (And then I think, "Well, can a life-changing experience really happen if I'm ready for it?" hahaha)

I think part of it is from boredom. Part of it is because I know that there will be things like that, sometime, and I'm a little overly excited about them. :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Define drama. :D

Drama_Llama.jpg

emo.jpg

drama+queen.jpg

man_cries.jpg

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm more or less none drama_esque. I could try but that would expedited considerable effort and energy on my part of processing power I simply refuse to tolerate.

Its those logical drama sorts you got to keep an eye out for. :D

russel.jpg

2809370116_7066d240a2.jpg

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been called a drama queen a handful of times. To me it's just I have lots of deep emotions, and am more personally touched by things than a lot of others. But I've seen it in other INFP's, where I've thought, "well, that's happend to pretty much everyone" when they are talking like it's a major, major life event. So I can see how it might come across sometimes. To them it may well be a major life event, and feelings can't be wrong, feelings are feelings. But I can see where people could get us being dramatic about things that have happend to us.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
And apparently crying over things that happen in soaps, and Disney movies is being overdramatic. :( lol

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, I actually downplay things a lot.

I guess I am dramatic at times, but nobody else know about it because I keep it in. Expressing it is too much work...and most of the time, I know how irrational it is, so I just wait until it blows over. Well, and most of the "dramatic" things in my life have to do with my anxieties, I suppose.

I usually get really annoyed with people who are outwardly dramatic. Control yo-selves! ;)

Yeah, I often downplay emotion externally. My ESFP sister is the resident drama queen in our house, and I'm happy to let her have that role.

I think this is idealism. I always fantasize about things turning out amazing or being some significant event in my life - and then I am inevitably disappointed. It's not that I want drama, but I just get tired of the mundane and predictable. Of course, all anyone else sees is me criticizing things or coming off unimpressed.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The last boyfriend said I prefer to live my life in a constant state of crisis so....yes. When it comes to practical matters I'm very non-dramatic though. If there's an emergency, I get physically hurt, something breaks etc... I'm usually the most level headed person in the room. In all matters concerning my idealism, romance, dreams, etc... I'm usually far too emotionally moved in an instant, although for the most part keep matters tightly under wraps inside.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ive been accused of such things. haha. i usually react by just not speaking for x amount of time. so its not like over the top dramatic but if im just fed up with something i just stop talking. thats the thing i get called out on most. also i get all apathetic and thats been called out quite a bit. oh well. its better than shouting nonsense.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
only those silly 4w3's

Yes. I was about to say, only 4's (of any MBTI type). But then you did. :( It's really annoying how INFPs are basically thought of as enneagram 4's, when people are talking about INFPs 95% of the time it's just about 4's. Same with INTs and 5, EPs and 7, etc. Sigh.

heart

heart on fire
I've never been called a drama queen. People have complained that I am too cold or out-to-lunch, spacey or bad attitude but never a drama queen. But yeah, inside I feel life pretty intensely.

I usually can't deal with people who extert a lot of overdramatic emotion all the time. It overstimulates me, drains me. I feel intensely enough without trying, I don't need to whoop it up.