User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I am certainly no drama queen but I do admit I often hope and pray something exciting and crazy will happen at any one moment. This also means I am constantly imagining (mostly to myself) that ordinary events are actually the begining of something really extraordinary/profound/shocking/significant because I want them to be. For this reason, going fishing with me can be trying for others...

I am totally aware of my doing this but I'm certainly not delusional or inclined to externally manufacture drama by messing with people etc, nor am I naturally a hysterical person. I guess I'm kinda fascinated with that moment, just before something dramatic happens. Everything is going along as per usual, then suddenly, out of the blue your world is tipped upside down; that instantaneous transition that could change your life and make you wonder how things were ever normal.

I can't speak for other INFPs, though. Maybe I'm just bored with my life...
    Haha, no, I'm definitely like this too. I sometimes think to myself, "Maybe something will happen today that will change my life." (And then I think, "Well, can a life-changing experience really happen if I'm ready for it?" hahaha)

I think part of it is from boredom. Part of it is because I know that there will be things like that, sometime, and I'm a little overly excited about them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Define drama.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm more or less none drama_esque. I could try but that would expedited considerable effort and energy on my part of processing power I simply refuse to tolerate.

Its those logical drama sorts you got to keep an eye out for.

MBTI
    INFP

I've been called a drama queen a handful of times. To me it's just I have lots of deep emotions, and am more personally touched by things than a lot of others. But I've seen it in other INFP's, where I've thought, "well, that's happend to pretty much everyone" when they are talking like it's a major, major life event. So I can see how it might come across sometimes. To them it may well be a major life event, and feelings can't be wrong, feelings are feelings. But I can see where people could get us being dramatic about things that have happend to us.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP

And apparently crying over things that happen in soaps, and Disney movies is being overdramatic. lol
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Ha, I actually downplay things a lot.

I guess I am dramatic at times, but nobody else know about it because I keep it in. Expressing it is too much work...and most of the time, I know how irrational it is, so I just wait until it blows over. Well, and most of the "dramatic" things in my life have to do with my anxieties, I suppose.

I usually get really annoyed with people who are outwardly dramatic. Control yo-selves!
    Yeah, I often downplay emotion externally. My ESFP sister is the resident drama queen in our house, and I'm happy to let her have that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I am certainly no drama queen but I do admit I often hope and pray something exciting and crazy will happen at any one moment. This also means I am constantly imagining (mostly to myself) that ordinary events are actually the begining of something really extraordinary/profound/shocking/significant because I want them to be. For this reason, going fishing with me can be trying for others...

I am totally aware of my doing this but I'm certainly not delusional or inclined to externally manufacture drama by messing with people etc, nor am I naturally a hysterical person. I guess I'm kinda fascinated with that moment, just before something dramatic happens. Everything is going along as per usual, then suddenly, out of the blue your world is tipped upside down; that instantaneous transition that could change your life and make you wonder how things were ever normal.

I can't speak for other INFPs, though. Maybe I'm just bored with my life...
    I think this is idealism. I always fantasize about things turning out amazing or being some significant event in my life - and then I am inevitably disappointed. It's not that I want drama, but I just get tired of the mundane and predictable. Of course, all anyone else sees is me criticizing things or coming off unimpressed.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

The last boyfriend said I prefer to live my life in a constant state of crisis so....yes. When it comes to practical matters I'm very non-dramatic though. If there's an emergency, I get physically hurt, something breaks etc... I'm usually the most level headed person in the room. In all matters concerning my idealism, romance, dreams, etc... I'm usually far too emotionally moved in an instant, although for the most part keep matters tightly under wraps inside.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ive been accused of such things. haha. i usually react by just not speaking for x amount of time. so its not like over the top dramatic but if im just fed up with something i just stop talking. thats the thing i get called out on most. also i get all apathetic and thats been called out quite a bit. oh well. its better than shouting nonsense.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    only those silly 4w3's
    Yes. I was about to say, only 4's (of any MBTI type). But then you did. It's really annoying how INFPs are basically thought of as enneagram 4's, when people are talking about INFPs 95% of the time it's just about 4's. Same with INTs and 5, EPs and 7, etc. Sigh.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

heart on fire

I've never been called a drama queen. People have complained that I am too cold or out-to-lunch, spacey or bad attitude but never a drama queen. But yeah, inside I feel life pretty intensely.

I usually can't deal with people who extert a lot of overdramatic emotion all the time. It overstimulates me, drains me. I feel intensely enough without trying, I don't need to whoop it up.