• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] How many INFP's have heard the "call"

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Just wanted to know how many INFPs have heard this "calling" I know that when I was about 14 thats when I heard it. Now I am doing volunteer firefighting and that seems to help answer it.
So have any others had this voice in the back of your head telling you that you need need to have something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live?

BTW, "have something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live" was QotSA not me :D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I would like to do something like that, but haven't found it.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ive recently discovered how much i just want to help the ones i love.
not necessarily a life altering 'calling' but i just dont find meaning in myself sometimes. so i came up with the thought if i dedicate myself to helping my loved ones be happy in their lives ill at least get through life without a guilty worthlessness feeling. im not talking about me becoming some hardcore humanist, by no means at all. just the immediate people in my life whom i care for.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I have causes that I strongly believe in, but at this stage in my life, I've been perfectly content to simply believe in them. Believing in something is an action in itself to me, never mind actual constructive physical contribution. Perhaps this is something I should work on in the future. :)

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Believing in something is an action in itself to me

i can see that, after a few years of thinking about it, I then felt like I had to act upon those feelings and when I did, it felt amazing

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Still wondering aimlessly without a purpose.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never had a "calling", but I experience a strong feeling of needing to keep my life and priorities in line with my beliefs. If I veer off from my "values" or whatever you want to call them, then I start to feel bad and have internal turmoil.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Have volunteered with many groups; just important to maintain balance.

But what you say resonates with me - "hearing the calling".

Good for you to put your feelings into tangible action.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Still wondering aimlessly without a purpose.

remember that the journey can be more important than the destination, you might be aimlessly wondering, but as long as you have learning experiences along the way, it wont be for nothing.

I experience a strong feeling of needing to keep my life and priorities in line with my beliefs. If I veer off from my "values" or whatever you want to call them, then I start to feel bad and have internal turmoil.

I have that to, its really hard, I have broke down and been emotionally unstable, but I can just think back to the ones that I love and have help in my life and it makes the conflict not so bad.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have 2 "callings", I guess? But at the moment they're kind of vague. I have to figure at the details as I go, and that drives me nuts.

I've never had an epiphany or anything. I just figure that if I've had a passion, or need to do something for a long period of time, it must be a pretty big deal.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh I've heard A calling alright but I don't thinks its the calling your talking about. :D

Oh right the calling, well I do have a calling and its about providing a service for the benefit of people everywhere. Whatever that service may be I'd like to help people help themselves...one shoe lace at a time.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I 'received' mine but it wasn't a calling because that's just born-again Christian-esque nonsense. I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

I haven't told anyone. Except you guys. Mainly because I don't care if you all don't believe me. I can just log off and you can all be mind-controlled and dissected alive.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

Sounds like Christian-esque nonsense, not being an ass, just saying.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

Sounds like Christian-esque nonsense, not being an ass, just saying.

You know about them too?

letsplaytwister

I certainly have a calling. I realized at 10 or 11 after I started learning to play guitar and piano that I wanted to be a musician for a living. Almost 20 years later, I'm still pursuing that goal. Never have I doubted that that is what I was meant to do. My family (all SJs, bleh!) tried to get me to be more practical after high school, but have since realized that they're not gonna change my mind. I'm poor, but I'm always working toward that end goal, always working on taking things to the next level!

I definitely feel lucky that I learned what I wanted to do with my life as such a young age.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is this like the lightbulb joke?

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I have 2 "callings", I guess? But at the moment they're kind of vague. I have to figure at the details as I go, and that drives me nuts.

I've never had an epiphany or anything. I just figure that if I've had a passion, or need to do something for a long period of time, it must be a pretty big deal.

I've never had a "calling", but I experience a strong feeling of needing to keep my life and priorities in line with my beliefs. If I veer off from my "values" or whatever you want to call them, then I start to feel bad and have internal turmoil.

^^^

These hit it on the nose for me. I have had Lacey's experience when it comes to callings related to my personal interests. Prolonged and intense interest in anything is pretty rare for me, so I take it as a sign and go with it for the practical reason that I can stick with it in the long term. In terms of doing things I feel 'called' to do for my fellow human beings, though, it's more of a sense of obligation that forces me to pay attention when my focus has strayed.

Leanne_92

MBTI Type
INFP
I did, and went into art school.

Graduation was another matter... reality and I do not make good friends. I have a job alright, but I don't think it's the end of the road, nor do I think I've found what I'm looking for.