User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh I've heard A calling alright but I don't thinks its the calling your talking about.

Oh right the calling, well I do have a calling and its about providing a service for the benefit of people everywhere. Whatever that service may be I'd like to help people help themselves...one shoe lace at a time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I 'received' mine but it wasn't a calling because that's just born-again Christian-esque nonsense. I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

I haven't told anyone. Except you guys. Mainly because I don't care if you all don't believe me. I can just log off and you can all be mind-controlled and dissected alive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

Sounds like Christian-esque nonsense, not being an ass, just saying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    I had a revelation and found intelligence of malevolent extra-dimensional aliens and now must warn the people I care about of the inevitable punishment they will bring humanity (and already are).

Sounds like Christian-esque nonsense, not being an ass, just saying.
    You know about them too?

I certainly have a calling. I realized at 10 or 11 after I started learning to play guitar and piano that I wanted to be a musician for a living. Almost 20 years later, I'm still pursuing that goal. Never have I doubted that that is what I was meant to do. My family (all SJs, bleh!) tried to get me to be more practical after high school, but have since realized that they're not gonna change my mind. I'm poor, but I'm always working toward that end goal, always working on taking things to the next level!

I definitely feel lucky that I learned what I wanted to do with my life as such a young age.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Is this like the lightbulb joke?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Is this like the lightbulb joke?
    i dont know what you mean, sorry I fail lol

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I have 2 "callings", I guess? But at the moment they're kind of vague. I have to figure at the details as I go, and that drives me nuts.

I've never had an epiphany or anything. I just figure that if I've had a passion, or need to do something for a long period of time, it must be a pretty big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've never had a "calling", but I experience a strong feeling of needing to keep my life and priorities in line with my beliefs. If I veer off from my "values" or whatever you want to call them, then I start to feel bad and have internal turmoil.
    ^^^

These hit it on the nose for me. I have had Lacey's experience when it comes to callings related to my personal interests. Prolonged and intense interest in anything is pretty rare for me, so I take it as a sign and go with it for the practical reason that I can stick with it in the long term. In terms of doing things I feel 'called' to do for my fellow human beings, though, it's more of a sense of obligation that forces me to pay attention when my focus has strayed.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INFP

I did, and went into art school.

Graduation was another matter... reality and I do not make good friends. I have a job alright, but I don't think it's the end of the road, nor do I think I've found what I'm looking for.