• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Goofiness

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Any NF's have bouts of extreme goofiness? I'm normally more on the serious side, but I get in silly fits every so often. I find I have this in common with my INFP brother & INFP cousin. Even my ENFJ cousin has the occasional silly fits. Is this universal across all types or is it more commonly an NF (or maybe just an N) sort of thing?

As a comparison, both my ESTP mom and ISTP boyfriend are silly by nature - but more in a goofing around sort of way. My ISFP ex would wear a wig to the bar for kicks, but was a lot more serious underneath. My goofiness (and the goofiness of the INFPs and ENFJs I know) seems to be the opposite - we're more goofy underneath, but come off as more serious.

Hopefully, I'm making sense. haha.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, definitely goofy underneath, and serious on the surface. Not the other way around!!! :)

My INTP brother and I can be extremely goofy, but I don't think either of us show our goofy sides (at their extreme) to anyone else - but, I suppose that's what family is for!

Usually my 'silliness' around others equates to me just being really happy and carefree, and rather...childlike in my openness?... and much more chatty than usual. I might even throw a jig into the mix too. :p

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ + ENFP x close daily proximity = constant NF silly fits

Though my sister has me beat in the slapstick/rubber face comedy department. She's goofier than me! I can only aspire. :( :D

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'd say I come off as a complete goof, but am actually much more serious on the inside. Not totally serious, not like a brick wall, but more like I take life and things very seriously, but I'm also not afraid to laugh to myself and make a humourous observation/think about something a bit odd to myself.

I think NF's are probably pretty goofy in general, especially ENFP's.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I pride myself on my silliness.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My INTP is way goofier than I am. I'd be a Marshwiggle without him.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I know many types who are prone to the sillies. I think everyone is. But it's especially pleasing when an INFP, INTP or INTJ have an attack of silliness, become slap-happy, or start to resemble Jell-O in their bodily movements. Basically, all INs probably. Actually, I'm biased, because my closest friends are INs. It's just so hilarious to see INs get silly; it's contradictive to how they normally appear, so it has that satisfying bit of irony. (My INFP friend - gawd. :rofl1:) I wonder if /I/ act that silly when I get slap-happy? LOL.

Introverts_Unite!

MBTI Type
INFJ
My goofiness usually expresses itself in writing but occasionally the little ham comes outside to play ... people are always shocked (I kind of like throwing people off balance like that - I should do it more often).

I remember one time when I worked for a mutual funds distributor (do I hear any NF-groaning?) ... I spontaneouly did bad ballet leaps across the office to my favorite Nutcracker waltz. My ISTJ boss talked about it for months afterward.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Haha, yeah. This line from bestfittype.com sounds very much like me:

If I’m stuck for hours working at a monotonous task, I get peculiar, zonky, and weird.

Also when it's late at night. That seems to set off the silly randomness in me.

Also, I know INFPs can be really quite goofy.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
:whistling:

This thread itself is kind of goofy? :wubbie:

Don't know many NFs IRL, but from those on the board here, yea... kookiness seems about given - there're purple elephants, ponies, upset scrabble boards and random piranhas littered in between serious discussions.

But don't change anything. For what it's worth, I like what I see of NFs here. :blush:

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My goofiness usually expresses itself in writing but occasionally the little ham comes outside to play ... people are always shocked (I kind of like throwing people off balance like that - I should do it more often).

I remember one time when I worked for a mutual funds distributor (do I hear any NF-groaning?) ... I spontaneouly did bad ballet leaps across the office to my favorite Nutcracker waltz. My ISTJ boss talked about it for months afterward.

Hahaha... I do that sort of thing at work. Back when I worked at coffee shops, we used to have to "slide" to clean the lobby. On really slow nights, I'd actually slide around the lobby dramatically.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Very goofy and silly. I act like a three-year old half the time, and that description is actually insensitive towards three-year olds.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I have my goofy days too. I get :huh: looks all the time. It breaks the monotony. I like people who have this side to them. My husband can also be exceptionally goofy....this mornings "talking biscuit" routine was a good example!

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Also when it's late at night. That seems to set off the silly randomness in me.

Also, I know INFPs can be really quite goofy.

Yes!! The later at night (and more tired or overtired I am), the goofier I get. My ENFP best friend is the same exact way and this is probably why we get along so well. haha. I mean, we didn't reeeealllly do model runway walks around our apartment at 2am (and then bust into giggle fits because neither of us could keep a straight face) because we couldn't sleep....

Spend the hours of 12am - 2am with my INFP cousin & me and you will see all out silliness. We're also both huge fans of jigsaw puzzles (we've been known to do a couple a night!) and the more intense our concentration is on finishing the puzzle, the more our goofiness comes out. My ISTJ aunt has come downstairs on more than one occasion to see what in the world was going on with the two of us because of our giggle fits - and when we tried to explain it, she said we made absolutely no sense! We actually make up offbeat games, dance around silly to songs that come on the music stations, sing along in weird voices to random songs, and you know the silly switch is really turned on when we start assigning voices and moods to the puzzle pieces.... "The guy on the rollercoaster is going 'WEEEEEE!'" (now cue the inevitable giggle fit).

After this post, I'm totally not revealing our ages. haha.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
A Marshwiggle.... lol That's an awesome reference.

Yea I am definitely a goofball.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I should be serious at least sometimes at work (surrouded by the serious men) but I can't help myself. Serious means boring in my language... :steam:

I think my goofiness does decrease my credibility at work and at home when parenting my children.

...but who cares :happy:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I can't help it... it's inside of me.

I have 2 grown up young men -- you can IMAGINE just how fun it was to be a parent to those goofballs! :D

For the most part, I was very strict with them, but then they both had a knack of bringing out the goofy side in me. Even though it wasn't all easy, I have to admit, it was great fun raising them! :harhar:

At work, I am all business. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, mostly to break the monotony, I will say something goofy, shocking most everyone! hehe! Yep, I have it in me! :blushing: