User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Goofiness

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Haha, yeah. This line from bestfittype.com sounds very much like me:

If I’m stuck for hours working at a monotonous task, I get peculiar, zonky, and weird.
    Also when it's late at night. That seems to set off the silly randomness in me.

Also, I know INFPs can be really quite goofy.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

This thread itself is kind of goofy?

Don't know many NFs IRL, but from those on the board here, yea... kookiness seems about given - there're purple elephants, ponies, upset scrabble boards and random piranhas littered in between serious discussions.

But don't change anything. For what it's worth, I like what I see of NFs here.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I can't help but be goofy, It's a euphoric release.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Introverts_Unite! View Post
    My goofiness usually expresses itself in writing but occasionally the little ham comes outside to play ... people are always shocked (I kind of like throwing people off balance like that - I should do it more often).

I remember one time when I worked for a mutual funds distributor (do I hear any NF-groaning?) ... I spontaneouly did bad ballet leaps across the office to my favorite Nutcracker waltz. My ISTJ boss talked about it for months afterward.
    Hahaha... I do that sort of thing at work. Back when I worked at coffee shops, we used to have to "slide" to clean the lobby. On really slow nights, I'd actually slide around the lobby dramatically.

MBTI
    WOLF

Very goofy and silly. I act like a three-year old half the time, and that description is actually insensitive towards three-year olds.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I have my goofy days too. I get looks all the time. It breaks the monotony. I like people who have this side to them. My husband can also be exceptionally goofy....this mornings "talking biscuit" routine was a good example!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Also when it's late at night. That seems to set off the silly randomness in me.

Also, I know INFPs can be really quite goofy.
    Yes!! The later at night (and more tired or overtired I am), the goofier I get. My ENFP best friend is the same exact way and this is probably why we get along so well. haha. I mean, we didn't reeeealllly do model runway walks around our apartment at 2am (and then bust into giggle fits because neither of us could keep a straight face) because we couldn't sleep....

Spend the hours of 12am - 2am with my INFP cousin & me and you will see all out silliness. We're also both huge fans of jigsaw puzzles (we've been known to do a couple a night!) and the more intense our concentration is on finishing the puzzle, the more our goofiness comes out. My ISTJ aunt has come downstairs on more than one occasion to see what in the world was going on with the two of us because of our giggle fits - and when we tried to explain it, she said we made absolutely no sense! We actually make up offbeat games, dance around silly to songs that come on the music stations, sing along in weird voices to random songs, and you know the silly switch is really turned on when we start assigning voices and moods to the puzzle pieces.... "The guy on the rollercoaster is going 'WEEEEEE!'" (now cue the inevitable giggle fit).

After this post, I'm totally not revealing our ages. haha.

A Marshwiggle.... lol That's an awesome reference.

Yea I am definitely a goofball.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I should be serious at least sometimes at work (surrouded by the serious men) but I can't help myself. Serious means boring in my language... :steam:

I think my goofiness does decrease my credibility at work and at home when parenting my children.

...but who cares

MBTI
    INFP

Default I can't help it... it's inside of me.

I have 2 grown up young men -- you can IMAGINE just how fun it was to be a parent to those goofballs!

For the most part, I was very strict with them, but then they both had a knack of bringing out the goofy side in me. Even though it wasn't all easy, I have to admit, it was great fun raising them!

At work, I am all business. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, mostly to break the monotony, I will say something goofy, shocking most everyone! hehe! Yep, I have it in me! :blushing:
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters